Fight for 2nd Place - Dundee vs Raith - 24th April.

It's good to hear that Vaughan might be available for this as I'm not sure Gullan is the same player when up top with anyone else. Would have preferred Musonda in but I think Davo can step up in these big games where we might be sitting back more than we'd like. Always has moments in his locker, though!

As far as the playoffs go, I'm pretty confident we'd take whoever the Premiership team is other than Kilmarnock but Lafferty looks to be pulling them to safety. A lot of it is down to confidence which we should b full of just now.

It's good to hear that Vaughan might be available for this as I'm not sure Gullan is the same player when up top with anyone else. Would have preferred Musonda in but I think Davo can step up in these big games where we might be sitting back more than we'd like. Always has moments in his locker, though!
As far as the playoffs go, I'm pretty confident we'd take whoever the Premiership team is other than Kilmarnock but Lafferty looks to be pulling them to safety. A lot of it is down to confidence which we should b full of just now.
Killie will be avoid the playoffs imo. County are leaking goals and Accies seem to be on the side. Wright is a far superior manager than either of Hughes or Rice.

7 hours ago, Raith_Raver said:

That's unbelow the standard of vocabulary expected on this forum.

From Google - "Irregardless is a nonstandard synonym for regardless, which means “without concern as to advice, warning, or hardship,” or “heedless.” Its nonstandard status is due to the double negative construction of the prefix ir- with the suffix -less. ..."

Maybe we're both right 😄

13 hours ago, Mr. Alli said:

Absolutely. I quite fancy Dundee's chances of doing it (and winning the final). I've posted numerous times that that scenario terrifies me as the club as a whole is nowhere near ready. 

I think "great" chance is a bit over the top. There's a chance, certainly. Out of us, Raith and Dunfermline I'd rank it Us, Dunfermline and then Raith. It can't be understated just how terrible the standard in this league is this season. 

Whether people’s opinions  are it’s a great chance or just a chance I wouldn’t be pessimistic as a supporter of any of the 4 clubs gaining promotion. The line about the league being the poorest this year is 1 trotted out each year. We’ve got a better team than last year whether the manager is upto the required level is another matter. 

Edited by Yenitit

This must be our most important game of the season so far. The pressure is much more on Dundee than us - if they lose they might not even qualify, whereas we can lose and still have a chance to come second.

Would be absolutely wild if Dundee didn’t finish top4. Disregarding our match tomorrow, ICT away at Tynecastle - where even though Hertz have been mostly dreadful of late, it’s trophy day for them, so maybe an extra 10% to actually win the game and make the day a bit of a high. ICT which are currently 4pts behind the Dee’s. And Dunfermline away to Alloa who are down so would suspect at least a draw for the Pars. ICT left it too little too late (thank f*ck for us!! As they would have naturally beat us in the playoffs).

50 minutes ago, WSDR 88 said:

Would be absolutely wild if Dundee didn’t finish top4. Disregarding our match tomorrow, ICT away at Tynecastle - where even though Hertz have been mostly dreadful of late, it’s trophy day for them, so maybe an extra 10% to actually win the game and make the day a bit of a high. ICT which are currently 4pts behind the Dee’s. And Dunfermline away to Alloa who are down so would suspect at least a draw for the Pars. ICT left it too little too late (thank f*ck for us!! As they would have naturally beat us in the playoffs).

It is of course unlikely that Dundee will finish fifth; it's hard to see them losing both games and ICT winning both of theirs. Nevertheless it will be in the back of their minds as a possibility and they'll be anxious to make sure against us..