Fight for 2nd Place - Dundee vs Raith - 24th April.

What’s all this negative pish about the playoff final on here. Any team from Us, Raith, Dunfermline and Inverness have a great chance to go up playing against Ross County or Hamilton, they’re hardly world beaters. Don’t fancy Killie on the AstroTurf to be honest tho. 

1 hour ago, RossDee01 said:

We’ve played 8 games against the sides you’ve mentioned: 2 wins, 5 draws, 1 loss. Haven’t yet lost to Dunfermline or ICT. It’s not inconceivable that we can get through.

I will agree with you there. Despite how pish we are, our record of being tough to beat vs these teams and the hopeful return to form of Charlie Adam could be enough to sneak past one or even two ties. I don't think we will though, hence my stance on Saturday.

1 hour ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

I will agree with you there. Despite how pish we are, our record of being tough to beat vs these teams and the hopeful return to form of Charlie Adam could be enough to sneak past one or even two ties. I don't think we will though, hence my stance on Saturday.

Raith will lose their 2 remaining games and we’ll draw down at Palmerston. 

Raith really deserve second place. There’s so much to admire about the San Starko men’s season and you’d fancy their chances Dross Cunty.
However football is a cruel mistress and you can see injuries to a small squad finally taking their toll. Us to nick it by a fluke goal and the implosion completed against Hearts.

It is and you might be right but as a Raith fan I can honestly say we’ve been outstanding this season. Even if we lose and fall in the playoffs the entire team has done brilliantly.

What’s all this negative pish about the playoff final on here. Any team from Us, Raith, Dunfermline and Inverness have a great chance to go up playing against Ross County or Hamilton, they’re hardly world beaters. Don’t fancy Killie on the AstroTurf to be honest tho. 

Agree. I actually think whoever the Championship team may be, in the final, will go up. Both Ross County and Hamilton are absolutely stinking!

2 hours ago, San Starko Rover said:

It is and you might be right but as a Raith fan I can honestly say we’ve been outstanding this season. Even if we lose and fall in the playoffs the entire team has done brilliantly.

We’ve been good, and irregardless the result is excellent...but the points we left on the table are mind boggling for a newly promoted team.

10 hours ago, Yenitit said:

2 hours ago, WSDR 88 said:

Agree. I actually think whoever the Championship team may be, in the final, will go up. Both Ross County and Hamilton are absolutely stinking!

Hamilton would survive a full spread of nuclear missiles ffs. 

County are pish but they'll go straight down. 

12 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Can people genuinely see us coming out with a net positive result vs Inverness/Dunfermline AND THEN Raith over a period of 4 games before getting to the Prem side? 

Absolutely. I quite fancy Dundee's chances of doing it (and winning the final). I've posted numerous times that that scenario terrifies me as the club as a whole is nowhere near ready. 

10 hours ago, Yenitit said:

What’s all this negative pish about the playoff final on here. Any team from Us, Raith, Dunfermline and Inverness have a great chance to go up playing against Ross County or Hamilton. 

I think "great" chance is a bit over the top. There's a chance, certainly. Out of us, Raith and Dunfermline I'd rank it Us, Dunfermline and then Raith. It can't be understated just how terrible the standard in this league is this season. 

1 minute ago, Mr. Alli said:

Absolutely. I quite fancy Dundee's chances of doing it (and winning the final). I've posted numerous times that that scenario terrifies me as the club as a whole is nowhere near ready.

Don't pretend you wouldn't enjoy it. It'll be the Club 12 season all over again, but it would feel good, damnit.

12 hours ago, WSDR 88 said:

On the injury front, Jamie Gullan is set to return and Kieron MacDonald might be ready to start after making the bench against Alloa.

McGlynn says Frankie Musonda remains a doubt, though, with Lewis Vaughan and Ross Matthews both ruled out.
- from Fife Today.

Fife Today = the rest of Scotland 30 years ago.

2 hours ago, TxRover said:

We’ve been good, and irregardless the result is excellent...but the points we left on the table are mind boggling for a newly promoted team.

That's unbelow the standard of vocabulary expected on this forum.

1 hour ago, Raith_Raver said:

That's unbelow the standard of vocabulary expected on this forum.

3 hours ago, Zen Archer Esq. said:

Fucking stop.

f**k off, but only intended in a supportive way...

irregardless

adverb
ir·re·gard·less | \ ˌir-i-ˈgärd-ləs  \

Definition of irregardless

nonstandard

: REGARDLESSI told them that irregardless of what you read in books, they's some members of the theatrical profession that occasionally visits the place where they sleep.— Ring Lardner

Frequently Asked Questions About irregardless

Is irregardless a word?

Yes. It may not be a word that you like, or a word that you would use in a term paper, but irregardless certainly is a word. It has been in use for well over 200 years, employed by a large number of people across a wide geographic range and with a consistent meaning. That is why we, and well-nigh every other dictionary of modern English, define this word. Remember that a definition is not an endorsement of a word’s use.

Does irregardless mean the same thing as regardless?

Yes. We define irregardless as "regardless." Many people find irregardless to be a nonsensical word, as the ir- prefix usually functions to indicate negation; however, in this case it appears to function as an intensifier. Similar ir- words, while rare, do exist in English, including irremediless ("remediless"), irresistless ("resistless") and irrelentlessly ("relentlessly).

Is irregardless slang?

We label irregardless as “nonstandard” rather than “slang.” When a word is nonstandard it means it is “not conforming in pronunciation, grammatical construction, idiom, or word choice to the usage generally characteristic of educated native speakers of a language.” Irregardless is a long way from winning general acceptance as a standard English word. For that reason, it is best to use regardless instead.

First Known Use of irregardless

1795, in the meaning defined above

History and Etymology for irregardless

probably blend of irrespective and regardless

8 hours ago, Day of the Lords said:

Hamilton would survive a full spread of nuclear missiles ffs. 

County are pish but they'll go straight down. 

Giant radioactive cockroaches would at least give their crowd a boost.