Hibs v Livingston Wed 21st 6pm ko

6pm kick off, presumably these staggered ko's are designed to inject some "excitement" into the end of the season.

Important one for us tho, 3 points will effectively put Aberdeen in their rightful 4th spot, lose and its still all to play for.

Not sure what Livi get out of this one, yet another "accounting hiccup" might leave them unable to compete even if they finish in a euro qualification spot.

Livi have had a poor recent run, but looked decent against Aberdeen...............aw, magic, hitting form just as we need them to down tools Mad The Simpsons GIF

3-1

Edited by Leith Green

Would like to see us ditch the asymmetric shape, or at least have our attacking winger on the right side so we can still get the best out of Devlin.

Stryjek; Longridge, Guthrie, Fitzwater, Devlin; Sibbald, Bartley; Forrest, Pittman, Mullin; JET

But considering it looks like Mullin is away and probably isn't going to play, and we'll stick with the same shape (not too disappointed as we're more than capable of making it work), I'd still be tempted to try giving Diani and McMillan a game just for the sake of it.

Stryjek; Longridge, Guthrie, Fitzwater, McMillan; Diani, Bartley; Forrest, Pittman, Sibbald; JET

2-1 Hibs

Edited by LiviLion

42 minutes ago, EdinburghLivi said:

I think this will be the first game this season I don't watch live. Beer garden booked for 6:30 which has to take priority. 

Reported for screen name not matching actual location.............

2 hours ago, EdinburghLivi said:

I think this will be the first game this season I don't watch live. Beer garden booked for 6:30 which has to take priority. 

I've seen them all live with the exception of the Ibrox game;  but cant whip up the enthusiasm to watch this and that's not actually a comment on Hibs; just end of season malaise.

7 hours ago, LiviLion said:

Would like to see us ditch the asymmetric shape, or at least have our attacking winger on the right side so we can still get the best out of Devlin.

Stryjek; Longridge, Guthrie, Fitzwater, Devlin; Sibbald, Bartley; Forrest, Pittman, Mullin; JET

But considering it looks like Mullin is away and probably isn't going to play, and we'll stick with the same shape (not too disappointed as we're more than capable of making it work), I'd still be tempted to try giving Diani and McMillan a game just for the sake of it.

Stryjek; Longridge, Guthrie, Fitzwater, McMillan; Diani, Bartley; Forrest, Pittman, Sibbald; JET

2-1 Hibs

Mullin has signed his 2 year extension, so no clue why he’s been dropped lately 

13 hours ago, Leith Green said:

6pm kick off, presumably these staggered ko's are designed to inject some "excitement" into the end of the season.

Important one for us tho, 3 points will effectively put Aberdeen in their rightful 4th spot, lose and its still all to play for.

Not sure what Livi get out of this one, yet another "accounting hiccup" might leave them unable to compete even if they finish in a euro qualification spot.

Livi have had a poor recent run, but looked decent against Aberdeen...............aw, magic, hitting form just as we need them to down tools Mad The Simpsons GIF

3-1

Celtic tanking aside, we've been decent in our last 5 games, and big useless haddie that he was, Jet is now a baller scoring goals for fun. If the big man gets a shot off he'll score.

Can see  2-2 draw  here but hoping we can get the win and the sheep lose for us to close the gap on them to 2 points when we gub them in the next game at home.

Am I missing something, or is this end of season malaise a bit mad? While we have problems related to qualifying for Europe, the club have denied that the behind the scenes stuff will stop it, and as such we should be full steam ahead? A win tonight would make it very hard for St Johnstone to overturn us in 5th.

Hibs' home form is shite. Our away form is decent this year, somehow. 2-2

Winning this would make our end to the season less stressful which makes it highly unlikely that we’ll go and win. It’s Hibernian after all and our home form has been far from good this season.

Noticed JR saying a couple of first teamers are struggling after the weekend, hopefully none of our front three are affected. 

3 hours ago, thruthenight said:

Am I missing something, or is this end of season malaise a bit mad? While we have problems related to qualifying for Europe, the club have denied that the behind the scenes stuff will stop it, and as such we should be full steam ahead? A win tonight would make it very hard for St Johnstone to overturn us in 5th.

Hibs' home form is shite. Our away form is decent this year, somehow. 2-2

Only game i can see St Johnstone winning is ours, so a draw here would prob be enough to make sure of them not catching us, in case they manage a draw with Hibs tae and go above us on GD or something. Was bad enough losing to them in the cup final, right kick in the baws if they take 5th place on the last game and pip us to a European spot. Think that would push me into a Hearts JKB levels of heads gone tbh. 

Just now, Les Cabbage said:

I must have imagined Jay Emmanuel Thomas hitting the deck like a sack of tatties on Saturday night.

Yeah knew what you were fishing for, he at least got kicked before dropping like a sack of spuds to the deck, you c***s  pre-emptively fall down hoping for contact.

Maybe - instead of some of us pretending that our teams live by some bullshit Corinthian spirit - we all just need to acknowledge that pro footballers try to gain any advantage?

Sometimes in the box it might be by falling over an an outstretched leg, sometimes its by attacking an opposition player like this hammer thrower did last week?