Brechin v Cowden

12 minutes ago, SuperCowden said:

renton just offers nothing as striker

He is a decent player, but as I have always said, he is not a striker. You can see that fairly quickly when watching him.

1 minute ago, onecowden said:

Should have won but the lack of goals this season is the reason we are where we are. Decent point considering the importance of the game.

We should have been cruising with the chances we had, but I would have taken a point all day long before the game. Almost there now. I just wish we would change things in attack. It might not make any difference, but it has to be worth a try, as we are in trouble because we offer little or nothing the way we are set up.

Disappointed not to collect the 3 points but was just one of those games where the ball unfortunately would not go in the back of the net for us despite the efforts to do so. 

Positives we created plenty of chances but just couldn't convert plus the Brechin keeper pulled off a good save as did Hogarth thankfully for us from the Mckee free kick. 

Next season we definitely have to get our forward line right with someone who is going to score goals as 10 goals in 18 "games is where part of our problem is I feel which compared to Brechin they also have scored 10 so no surprise a nil nil

Still though a draw better than a defeat to the keep the gap the same. 

Not sure what fitness levels were but think Harvey on from the start he might have either scored or created a goal. 

Who do we play next? 

Edited by Cowden316

7 minutes ago, Cowden316 said:

Disappointed not to collect the 3 points but was just one of those games where the ball unfortunately would not go in the back of the net for us despite the efforts to do so. 

Positives we created plenty of chances but just couldn't convert plus the Brechin keeper pulled off a good save as did Hogarth thankfully for us from the Mckee free kick. 

Next season we definitely have to get our forward line right with someone who is going to score goals as 10 goals in 18 "games is where part of our problem is I feel which compared to Brechin they also have scored 10 so no surprise a nil nil

Still though a draw better than a defeat to the keep the gap the same. 

Not sure what fitness levels were but think Harvey on from the start he might have either scored or created a goal. 

Who do we play next? 

Pretty sure we are away to Stenhousemuir on Saturday. Then Brechin at home on tuesday.

Stenny v Cowden on Saturday 24th

Cowden v Brechin on Tuesday 27th

No game for us on Thursday 29th

Annan v Cowden on Saturday 1st

Cowden v Albion on Tuesday 4th.

Brechin and Annan have the four games over just 8 days. Ourselves, Albion and Stenny over 11 days.

Brechin get a breather this Saturday before visiting Central Park next Tuesday.

Stenny and Albion don't really have anything to play for, so may be more relaxed or try fringe players. Annan almost safe now after 2 good results.

Edited by PELE