Lanarkshire Curry House Recommendations (Also Hamilton vs Motherwell)

It's an absolute no to the "only naan" shout.

In fact, I use the line "shall we just get a rice to share", as my barometer for who I choose to eat with. Utter that line and you are binned without remorse.

Curry and rice is the meal, Naan is an edible spoon. Chips are an optional accompaniment. Any other approach is doing it completely wrong IMHAHO (in my humble and honest opinion).

Jealous of all the gourmet Indian dining chat, backshift today with an M&S microwave curry and wee shop bought naan for dinner. 

Not so jealous at missing seeing another abject and embarrassing 'Well performance and defeat to a truly terrible Accies side. If they stay up again this season, it's all on us. What a cross to fucking bear. 

I don't mind rice, but if it's included - half the curry is getting left at the end - especially if I've been going pakora daft. Tend to go naan/curry only unless I've somehow forgotten to eat anything else in the last day.

Dont really eat curry that much since i cant really handle anything thats spicy/hot.

But if it will get rid of the inevitable defeat tonight out of my mind then i might as well pick one up.

Edited by Phillips455

4 minutes ago, Phillips455 said:

Dont really eat curry that much sonce i cant really handle anything thats spicy/hiot.

But if it will get rid of the inevitable defeat tonight out of my mind then i might as well pick one up.

Chicken Tikka Masala exists for a reason.  It may be mild, and it may not be authentic, but there's a reason why it's so well known and popular. It's an ideal gateway drug to the world of Jalfrezi, Madras, Vindaloos etc.  There always time to work up the Scoville scale.   (It worked that way for me anyway)

I have the option to play 5-a-side tomorrow night at 6pm. but damn it I'd really kick myself if we pulled off a small miracle and won, and I'd missed watching us taking the Accies around the back of the woodshed... with a shotgun in the crook of the arm.    It's time they were put out of our misery ;/    

Sadly I expect one of our dismal non-performances and get rolled over again though.  I'll need a curry to cheer myself up.

The optimal solution is to go half-and-half with chips and rice, but don't go crazy with the quantity. You don't want to end up in a situation where you've no sauce left to dip the naan in.

29 minutes ago, G51 said:

You don't want to end up in a situation where you've no sauce left to dip the naan in.

A rookie mistake no-one should ever make more than once.

One of my favourite Sunday morning treats (that doesn't require wifely cooperation) is using the remains of last night's Peshawari naan to mop up the leftover vindaloo out of the foil takeaway container, straight from the fridge. Cold and hot at the same time, what's not to like?

2 hours ago, Al B said:

It's an absolute no to the "only naan" shout.

In fact, I use the line "shall we just get a rice to share", as my barometer for who I choose to eat with. Utter that line and you are binned without remorse.

Curry and rice is the meal, Naan is an edible spoon. Chips are an optional accompaniment. Any other approach is doing it completely wrong IMHAHO (in my humble and honest opinion).

Chips? 

1 hour ago, RostokMcSpoons said:

Chicken Tikka Masala exists for a reason.  It may be mild, and it may not be authentic, but there's a reason why it's so well known and popular. It's an ideal gateway drug to the world of Jalfrezi, Madras, Vindaloos etc.  There always time to work up the Scoville scale.   (It worked that way for me anyway)

I have the option to play 5-a-side tomorrow night at 6pm. but damn it I'd really kick myself if we pulled off a small miracle and won, and I'd missed watching us taking the Accies around the back of the woodshed... with a shotgun in the crook of the arm.    It's time they were put out of our misery ;/    

Sadly I expect one of our dismal non-performances and get rolled over again though.  I'll need a curry to cheer myself up.

You will be over it by tomorrow night surely 

My leftover routine is to heap the spiced onions onto the curry and eat together.

Note : takeaway/restaurant Indian food cannot be replicated in the home........except for spiced onions.  Tomato sauce, mango chutney, a bit of mint and some chilli powder and salt, job done.

Anyone a fan of the Paaneer curry? Had this in a wee place along from Queen Street station and it was fuckin awesome. As for the game, welldomi ate but conspire to pass up umpteen chances to score leading to the pudding saying," ah cannae ask for any.ore fae theplayers, they were magnificent the night"

Anyone a fan of the Paaneer curry? Had this in a wee place along from Queen Street station and it was fuckin awesome. As for the game, we'll dominate but conspire to pass up umpteen chances to score leading to the pudding saying," ah cannae ask for anymore fae the players, they were magnificent the night"

Any chat of chips with a curry can be put in the bin.

The Lasani from Mushtaq's was a "limited time" dish for about three years, but I've not had it in a while so not sure if that's still the case. Every time I had it, I had an existential crisis that I may never taste it again.