Lanarkshire Curry House Recommendations (Also Hamilton vs Motherwell)

On 21/04/2021 at 16:26, RostokMcSpoons said:

Chicken 65, when done well (so it's quite dry and with that zing that puckers your cheeks as you eat) is stupidly addictive.   Unfortunately I found it's also possible to get a crap recipe version which is in a sweet sauce which did nothing for me at all.

Sounds like Mushtaq's will be the place to visit next time I'm up... 

There seems to be a new Indian in Stirling - Om’s Indian Delight - don’t know if it is a chain, but a look at the menu sees Chicken 65 sitting proudly amongst the starters, I will get round to it sometime.

15 hours ago, ropy said:

There seems to be a new Indian in Stirling - Om’s Indian Delight - don’t know if it is a chain, but a look at the menu sees Chicken 65 sitting proudly amongst the starters, I will get round to it sometime.

So if you're ever in Milton Keynes for some reason (perhaps to count the roundabouts or the concrete cows, as per The Lazy Comedian's Take), then there are two curry houses to recommend:
* Papa J's in Oxley Park, which does the aforementioned Chicken 65 to perfection
* Spice Moghuls in Crownhill which I use for all my curry orders now.   (My wife thinks Papa J's is too salty.  Opinions are strongly held and differ on this point, but basically I can't win)

I was round at friends this weekend, and we were ordering from Spice Moghuls when they mentioned Papa J's as their go-to place for a treat (it's a little expensive).  And then they mentioned Chicken 65 as being particularly wonderful - so it's not just me.

Now I've hugely bigged it up, you'll hate it.  (Which I'll just say means you're getting a crap version, tbf)