QP v Elgin

How can we fear anything with this squad? Saturday looked like the day we were heading for defeat and it didn't happen

15 points ahead with 5 to play. No way we're losing five in a row.

It's done.. Now just the small matter of making it official 

We clinched the title on Saturday. Hopefully we can clinch it again tomorrow night. Would hope that there's now a hunger to go the season unbeaten. I've seen nothing in the attitude of the squad to suggest there won't be. 

Not often as a Queen's fan, have we been able to look forward to a championship winning match, so far ahead on points, and with goals and games to spare.

According to the commentary boys, and I believe every word they say, this match will be Wullie Muir's game to equal the most  appearances for a Queens goalie. It would be nice for him to wear the captains armband for the occasion, given the number of shut outs this season, that would be a fitting tribute.

As has been said, Elgin have been a difficult opponent in the past, but lets hope their recent poor form continues. Given our own form I can't see anything other than a Queen's win. Let's just enjoy the night and look forward to many more celbrations.

Talking of which, where are we gathering after we've confirmed our first League Championship in over 20 years, will it be outside Lesser or should it be George Square ?

Socially distanced of course and wearing our QP facemasks :thumsup2

27 minutes ago, QP's in my DNA said:

Not often as a Queen's fan, have we been able to look forward to a championship winning match, so far ahead on points, and with goals and games to spare.

According to the commentary boys, and I believe every word they say, this match will be Wullie Muir's game to equal the most  appearances for a Queens goalie. It would be nice for him to wear the captains armband for the occasion, given the number of shut outs this season, that would be a fitting tribute.

As has been said, Elgin have been a difficult opponent in the past, but lets hope their recent poor form continues. Given our own form I can't see anything other than a Queen's win. Let's just enjoy the night and look forward to many more celbrations.

Talking of which, where are we gathering after we've confirmed our first League Championship in over 20 years, will it be outside Lesser or should it be George Square ?

Socially distanced of course and wearing our QP facemasks :thumsup2

I suggest Ibrox. Apparently you are allowed to riot there with impunity. Just in case wear our orange and blue tops. 😜

Anyone got black and white one inch horizontal striped pyros? So that's the plan then - gather outside Ibrox, riot, be given a police honour guard all the way to George Square, riot again, smash up the newly repaired memorial benches, make nonsense claims about helping to clear up the accidental mess and then home in time for a night cap.

I'll be perfectly happy with a hard fought draw and a toast to the laptop screen with a bottle of IPA.

Good luck tomorrow tonight, chaps. Do it for the fans!

Edited by Spidersmad
Got the day wrong! Cabin fever.

1 hour ago, Mick1867 said:

Aye, come on Leeds. Get tore right intae these greedy elitist b*****ds!

Och I'm so wound up I thought it was tonight. Here's hoping for a memorable QP evening tomorrow and I hope auld beardie behaves himself in the commentary box. It's been a long lockdown shift but the lads have done us proud this season and really helped to get us through it.

Might be a jittery start tomorrow but the guys who play will want to win this. Elgin like the rest of the teams in leagues 1 & 2 have had it tougher than the full-timers like us. We had the luxury of well organised training plans during the break and our guys show an extra yard in every game. Plus there’s the long journey south...and back home again. We’ll definitely win tomorrow night.

It’s a weird felling though. Third title win in 40 years I should be stuck to the ceiling like a cartoon cat but it’s more of “let’s get it done.”

Baynham? I’ve no idea what makes McHugh such a favourite. Maybe he brings something to the dressing room or just an old pal of Ray’s. As a humble fan I really liked that move for the third goal on Saturday and would like to see more like it. 

18 hours ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

I’ve no idea what makes McHugh such a favourite.

I don't have anything concrete to base this on, other than how many games he's started, but I imagine he agreed to come on the understanding that he would essentially be first pick, and McKinnon's decided to honour that.

39 minutes ago, Skeletar Spider said:

I don't have anything concrete to base this on, other than how many games he's started, but I imagine he agreed to come on the understanding that he would essentially be first pick, and McKinnon's decided to honour that.

He was one of McKinnon's first signings when it looked like Sal was leaving so it was pretty obvious that he was gonna start the season as first choice striker. However there is also a responsibility on the player to back up the faith the manager has placed in him. None of our attacking players should be guaranteed a game in any circumstances, especially with the other options we have. I just think McKinnnon must like him for other work he does on the park as 6 goals in 22 appearances for a striker in a side romping the league isn't a great return tbh. Hopefully he'll bang in a goal tonight to clinch the title. 

'I've been impressed by ....'

'wauuuuuuuurgghhh!!!' (in the event of Queen's scoring)

There's really no escape - turn on BBC Scotland TV during the day when they're not showing any "live" programmes and there he is.

I'm beginning to get the pre-match fever. Haven't felt like this before a match for a long time.

Jeezo - 30 seconds after the above post there he was again on my telly. BBC Scotland have an article on QP from 'A View From The Terrace' on a loop during the day. Somebody better have the elephant tranquilizer ready in the Falkirk stand in a couple of hours time. In fact maybe in my house too. C'mon the Queen's!