Rangers v St Johnstone

G51

36 minutes ago, AJF said:

First and foremost I’ll grudgingly congratulate St Johnstone. I’m quite happy we don’t need to play them again for another few months.

As for the Celtic fans crawling out the woodwork to claim they’d sack Gerrard - you’d jump at the chance to appoint a manager of his quality after the season you’ve had 😂

Quality!! COVID saved him from the sack last year after 2 barren seasons and he’s failed in every cup he’s entered, I’ll pass if it’s all the same with you. 

1 hour ago, AJF said:

First and foremost I’ll grudgingly congratulate St Johnstone. I’m quite happy we don’t need to play them again for another few months.

As for the Celtic fans crawling out the woodwork to claim they’d sack Gerrard - you’d jump at the chance to appoint a manager of his quality after the season you’ve had 😂

Going a bit too far !

I switched over to Line of Duty when the blue cheeks scored and just assumed that was that. If anyone was going to beat them then it was going be Saints.

When’s the last time a non old firm team done a double in Scotland? This may have been covered before but I can’t be bothered reading this thread.

Just now, Gianfranco said:

I switched over to Line of Duty when the blue cheeks scored and just assumed that was that. If anyone was going to beat them then it was going be Saints.

When’s the last time a non old firm team done a double in Scotland? This may have been covered before but I can’t be bothered reading this thread.

89/90

7 hours ago, Kyle said:

A lot of the bad feeling stems from Thistle fans - not you and not the other lad on the thread- previously saying that they would rather be relegated than play like we do and our achievements weren't that big of a deal or similar such nonsense, after we'd won the Scottish cup and qualified for Europe 5 times in 6 seasons.

I found it quite funny when you were relegated, and then relegated again whilst trying to play like Barcelona. No question we're comparable clubs in a lot of ways though.

mmmrhm i know there's plenty of ammo i can give by replying here but i'd say thats just a trope thats grown arms and legs over the last few years more than anything else, i cant think of much "well at least we're trying to play the right way!" in either of the relegation seasons, its been more "why the f**k can't we defend set pieces" "why can we not score goals right now" etc. Same fan response as at any other club in the middle of a bad cycle really. edit: oh but tbf there is the odd cringetacular official communication. Partick Thistle Family Club sticks out as the most clenched-fist-into-own-mouth of them but there's deffo been a handful

all the same - not winning major trophies is something I've reached the acceptance stage over, but I'm more than a little envious at seeing other clubs giving Rangers* and Celtic a bloody nose from time to time, especially to knock them out of the cup as is the case here - I have literally never seen Thistle beat either of them in 15+ years of supporting them, and St Johnstone have just done it in an absolutely extraordinary way. 😐

it's quite fun watching other teams do it - vivid and fond memories of Lappin's goal against Rangers* for you, for example - but not getting to celebrate Thistle achieving it is a little frustrating.

Edited by Thistle_do_nicely

On 26/04/2021 at 22:41, Jinky67 said:

The audible at the end of this one is pretty spectacular also. Did he really just call someone a f***** c***? 🙊

Given the current climate regarding racism, and the aggressive stance taken regarding alleged abuse by a Slavia player, it's pretty depressing that the Scottish media will completely ignore the above - and not a peep will be heard from the SFA either, if I was a Saints fan I would be demanding they take some action regarding this

Given the current climate regarding racism, and the aggressive stance taken regarding alleged abuse by a Slavia player, it's pretty depressing that the Scottish media will completely ignore the above - and not a peep will be heard from the SFA either, if I was a Saints fan I would be demanding they take some action regarding this
I'd rather we didn't sink to the level of the Currants with their faux outrage and hypocrisy. They're c***s, their players are c***s. It's nothing we didn't know before.

Rangers fans sending abuse to Zanders brother is proper peak pathetic stuff. Abusing him because he's happy what his brother has achieved. Brain deed. 

He can be both proud of his brother and disappointed at the result at the same time. 

Edited by Mr Positive, sometimes.