Rangers v St Johnstone

G51

I watched Sportscene this morning without knowing the result, began fast forwarding to the Aberdeen-United game when Tavernier scored at what I thought was the very end, then I saw Zander Clark celebrating and thought I was having some form of weird hallucination.

Fantatsic stuff. Well done St Johnstone. I don't think I have cheered a Hibs goal so loudly this season as I did that equaliser. Seeing McGregor at the end trying to out psyche the St J players only to get nowhere near any of the pens was the icing on the cake. I really think Tavernier had the 2016 final in the back of his mind when he walked up to take that penalty and decided he didn't want to go through the mental torture of being rag dolled by the Hibees in a major final once again. On saying that St J must be favourites to lift the cup  after that display.

"You have 14 notifications....

Stormzy has downvoted...." 

Think he's gone back about three months. Proper wee man behavior. 

Watching the pens again it looks like greigsy is more focused on getting forward off his line than he is on actually get to the ball. Aye well done you're two foot forward everytime but you've forgot the ball. Plus the psycheoot attempts. 

Delicious. 

13 hours ago, MJC said:

Pick that one out Clark ya beardy hobo tramp. GIRFUY

13 hours ago, MJC said:

Nope. But I want Rangers to win the Cup as if we can’t win it then I don’t want to see any other provincial sides win it. Plus I always enjoy the seethe on here whenever Rangers win.

IMG_20210323_214111.jpg

13 hours ago, MJC said:

Nope. But I want Rangers to win the Cup as if we can’t win it then I don’t want to see any other provincial sides win it. Plus I always enjoy the seethe on here whenever Rangers win.

Celtic and (The) Rangers are provincial sides.

39 minutes ago, Joe Terrapin said:

Fantatsic stuff. Well done St Johnstone. I don't think I have cheered a Hibs goal so loudly this season as I did that equaliser. Seeing McGregor at the end trying to out psyche the St J players only to get nowhere near any of the pens was the icing on the cake. I really think Tavernier had the 2016 final in the back of his mind when he walked up to take that penalty and decided he didn't want to go through the mental torture of being rag dolled by the Hibees in a major final once again. On saying that St J must be favourites to lift the cup  after that display.

It must have been a somewhat bittersweet outcome for Hibs fans though?

Guaranteed group stage European football has gone from odds of around 1/8 to 15/8 with both gruesomes now being out.

The only solace I took following yesterday's calamity is that I am no longer annoyed that AFC basically threw away the 3rd place that looked guaranteed around November time.

8 minutes ago, FrankChickens1 said:

"You have 14 notifications....

Stormzy has downvoted...." 

Think he's gone back about three months. Proper wee man behavior. 

Watching the pens again it looks like greigsy is more focused on getting forward off his line than he is on actually get to the ball. Aye well done you're two foot forward everytime but you've forgot the ball. Plus the psycheoot attempts. 

Delicious. 

I just clicked on your page, took me less than a minute. I only did this after you downvote all my posts in this thread, the only thing wee man is how you would try and spin that to show you being some innocent party. 

You downvote most of my posts because I amongst others called you out on downplaying racism, I know you took that personally but I have no sympathy, you make light of racist abuse then don't be upset that other people call you out for it. 

How has your team done this season? 

42 minutes ago, Joe Terrapin said:

On saying that St J must be favourites to lift the cup  after that display.

Idly wondering when the last time a team has beaten one of the OF before the semi-final stage and gone on to win the competition?

2 minutes ago, Mr Heliums said:

Idly wondering when the last time a team has beaten one of the OF before the semi-final stage and gone on to win the competition?

Dundee Utd 2010 

knocked us out with a last minute winner at tannadice in a replay . Same night St Mirren horsed Mowbary’s Celtic 4-0 in the league 

Edited by Forever_blueco

Partick Thistle have 3 stands, sit 3rd in the third tier, and haven't won the Scottish Cup in 100 years.

No idea how they can't see they're utter diddies.

30 minutes ago, tarapoa said:

It must have been a somewhat bittersweet outcome for Hibs fans though?

Guaranteed group stage European football has gone from odds of around 1/8 to 15/8 with both gruesomes now being out.

The only solace I took following yesterday's calamity is that I am no longer annoyed that AFC basically threw away the 3rd place that looked guaranteed around November time.

The thought of wanting either of the Old Bigots to win anything  is really alien to my mindset and I would like to think the added reward for winning the cup will be motivation enough for the players. Having said that, whatever the outcome I will be delighted that Rangers, Celtic, Hearts and Aberdeen will not be etched on this years cup.

I recorded the game last night and watched it after the kids had gone to bed.  I've not felt as sick as that after a game for a long, long time. We weren't at our best but St Johnstone played very well again.  Same disciplined performance as the league game and I can't begrudge them going through.

6 minutes ago, Acastus said:

You can't answer the question. 

It was you who claimed they were similar sized, not me.  I'm asking you to show your working.

53 minutes ago, Stormzy said:

I just clicked on your page, took me less than a minute. I only did this after you downvote all my posts in this thread, the only thing wee man is how you would try and spin that to show you being some innocent party. 

You downvote most of my posts because I amongst others called you out on downplaying racism, I know you took that personally but I have no sympathy, you make light of racist abuse then don't be upset that other people call you out for it. 

How has your team done this season

His team just sent yours packing out the cup, you snivelling little worm of a man.