Rangers v St Johnstone

G51

26 minutes ago, G51 said:

It’s not that the cups only count when Rangers win them (if they did they’d never count lol), it’s that judging a manager on knockout cup competitions is dumb and any board that did would be laughed at.

Rodgers is a better manager than Gerrard, no doubt. And I’d say his team, which cost twice what Gerrards team does, is close to equal (it’d be fun to see them in a one-off game). Gerrards achievement is more remarkable because he’s had to rebuild way more than Rodgers did.

More remarkable that winning every competition his Celtic team entered?

Thats quite some stretch and an even bigger one to suggest this Rangers team has close to the same mentality that Celtic team did which is completely underpinned by their poor results in both cup competitions.....which apparently no one cares about 😂😂

Oh and Celtic done more damage to themselves this season than Rangers ever could, our Dubai debacle cost us more points alone that Rangers have taken off us this season. This was a Carlsberg moment for Rangers 

Edited by Jinky67

1 hour ago, Lyle Lanley said:

Hibernian 
St Johnstone 
Dundee United 
Kilmarnock or St Mirren 

One of them will be playing group stage football next season in Europe. 

Is that definitely right? Hadn't realised that. Had seen something mentioning the winner would go into the play off round. Fantastic if that's the case

Just now, alang1993 said:

Is that definitely right? Hadn't realised that. Had seen something mentioning the winner would go into the play off round. Fantastic if that's the case

Winner goes into the play-off round for the Europa League. Win and they’re in the group stage; lose and they’re in the new Conference League group stage.

3 minutes ago, alang1993 said:

The Winners of the Scottish Cup this season will enter the play off round of the Europa League and if they lose they will be in the group stage of the conference league. 

Huge chance for all the teams we left now. 

15 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley said:

The Winners of the Scottish Cup this season will enter the play off round of the Europa League and if they lose they will be in the group stage of the conference league. 

Huge chance for all the teams we left now. 

This has to be the year of the All Saints Final.

2 hours ago, MJC said:

Pick that one out Clark ya beardy hobo tramp. GIRFUY

As long as there is a Pie and Bovril site this post must be pinned to ensure that every new member is aware of how a comment can so quickly come back and bite you.

I watched the game at my mates house, he's a Sellick fan but he's been to a few St. Mirren games with me.

He said that's the most animated he's ever seen me celebrating a goal. I disagree, of course...but I was quite animated.

That's what fitba is all about, a keeper scoring in the last minute of extra time then saving penalties in the shootout...f**k yer superleague.

1 hour ago, Aim Here said:

Is it too early to create the 'Things that have happened since a team called Rangers won the Scottish Cup' thread?

Windows 7 is released, i.e. the last Rangers Scottish Cup win was in the XP/Vista Era.

One Direction is formed.

2 hours ago, GNU_Linux said:

Edinburgh City finished 8th in the EOS Premier coming below Herriot-Watt University
Annan Athletic had their first season as a SPFL (then SFL) club
Gretna went bust
Steven Fletcher was voted SFWA young player of the year
James McCarthy was voted PFA young player of the year
East Stirling were in the lofty heights of 3rd in the 4th tier
Falkirk were a top flight club
The Intertoto cup had it's swan song
The UEFA Cup had it's last season under that name
Livingston got demoted to the bottom tier

And on a banter note Rangers were papped out of Europe by Heart's feeder club FBK Kaunas

We didn't start the fire....