Rangers v St Johnstone

G51

3 minutes ago, gaz5 said:

I'm not suggesting Rangers didn't have a good league season, I'm suggesting they had no challenge at all from the first day of it. They deserve immense credit for doing what they had to do and the league was their primary focus, but let's not pretend Celtic were pish because if Rangers. Celtic were pish because of Celtic and Rangers took advantage.

We've no idea if this Rangers team would have crumbled in the league like they did last season if it was closer going into the business end of the season. Because it was never close. It's easy not to crumble when you know you can afford to lose 4 or 5 games.

But they did crumble under pressure in the two cups they thought they were going to win.

So, yeah, I stand behind my view they've come on leaps and bounds under Gerrard, but done nowhere near enough to be considered even close to the Celtic team Rodgers built.

Rangers have won 1 trophy in 9. Rodgers team, falling apart and run by a buffoon, won 6 of those 9.

And I say that not really giving a damn about either side of the old firm, just as someone who watches a lot of football.

The numbers speak for themselves really.

The numbers do speak for themselves. Knockout cups are hugely influenced by variance. It’s not sensible to judge a managerial record against that kind of competition.

Ultimately, Rangers priorities each season are 1) League 2) Europe 3) the Cups. If you excel in 1&2, no one cares if you f**k up 3. 

Comparing it to Rodgers team is stupid. Rodgers inherited an all-conquering team and then left one to Lennon. Gerrard had Jason Holt and Ross McCrorie in midfield before he joined.

I live in a shared house in south-east London with a bunch of strangers. I'm stuck in a room beside a nightmare of a man called Martin who tells me I can't watch football because he doesn't like football and it's too loud for him when I watch it at a regular volume on my Mac. Anyway, I've just watched football at a regular volume on my Mac and burst into loud, heavy tears. No regrets. Get to f**k, Martin.

Maybe if you have a jobby Martin, yer mammy can wipe yer arse for you Martin.

3 minutes ago, G51 said:

The numbers do speak for themselves. Knockout cups are hugely influenced by variance. It’s not sensible to judge a managerial record against that kind of competition.

Ultimately, Rangers priorities each season are 1) League 2) Europe 3) the Cups. If you excel in 1&2, no one cares if you f**k up 3. 

Comparing it to Rodgers team is stupid. Rodgers inherited an all-conquering team and then left one to Lennon. Gerrard had Jason Holt and Ross McCrorie in midfield before he joined.

Jason Holt has played in a cup final this season. Gerrard maybe should have kept him.

Edited by RossDee01

At least we won the league. Good luck Saints. I sincerely want you to do the double now. Hopefully this will serve as inspiration for next year if we don't sell our best players...

Signing off for the night. Don't @ me. 

2f7.jpg

10 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

They said Aberdeen In 89/90 in the commentary. Before I was even born.

I think that's the only non OF cup double. The Dons also did it in 1985/86.

Edited by Jacksgranda

2 minutes ago, Pato said:

posting a weeeeeee bit too much the night for this to be convincing

It’s true though. This season has been brilliant for Rangers. Going out in the cup doesn’t change that.

17 minutes ago, The Real Saints said:

I live in a shared house in south-east London with a bunch of strangers. I'm stuck in a room beside a nightmare of a man called Martin who tells me I can't watch football because he doesn't like football and it's too loud for him when I watch it at a regular volume on my Mac. Anyway, I've just watched football at a regular volume on my Mac and burst into loud, heavy tears. No regrets. Get to f**k, Martin.

Tell Martin we all say "get fucked you fucking weirdo"

Add in that we will be in town from 17th of June if he disagrees. 

1 minute ago, GNU_Linux said:

Last time a club called Rangers won the Scottish Cup the UK number one was Bonkers by Dizzee Rascal.

Is it too early to create the 'Things that have happened since a team called Rangers won the Scottish Cup' thread?

Edited by Aim Here

Also, Callum Davidson deserves some credit.

On a budget that’s nowhere close to Hibs or Aberdeen, never mind the OF, he’s put together a really well organised side that is both extremely durable and really adaptable. McCann is one of the finest young midfielders in the league and I’ll be astonished if he doesn’t move elsewhere this summer.

If they can hang on to Davidson next year, they’re going to be legitimate challengers for third.