Rangers v St Johnstone

G51

Derek McInnes looking a bit sheepish watching little old St Johnstone go to Ibrox and win a cup 1/4 final having already won the league cup after using every excuse under the sun that his Aberdeen side didn’t have the resources to compete with Rangers and Celtic

Edited by RossDee01

6 minutes ago, G51 said:

Celtic couldn’t get close because they were bodied so hard by Rangers that the league was done in January.

That says a lot more about mentality than knockout cup ties, which are fun because they’re so heavily influenced by variance.

Brendan Rodgers' side must have been really, really good at fun and variance.

8 minutes ago, G51 said:

Celtic couldn’t get close because they were bodied so hard by Rangers that the league was done in January.

That says a lot more about mentality than knockout cup ties, which are fun because they’re so heavily influenced by variance.

Kris Boyd Kris Boyd Smiling GIF - KrisBoyd KrisBoydSmiling BoydySmiling GIFs

Edited by jagfox BLM

I'm not suggesting Rangers didn't have a good league season, I'm suggesting they had no challenge at all from the first day of it. They deserve immense credit for doing what they had to do and the league was their primary focus, but let's not pretend Celtic were pish because if Rangers. Celtic were pish because of Celtic and Rangers took advantage.

We've no idea if this Rangers team would have crumbled in the league like they did last season if it was closer going into the business end of the season. Because it was never close. It's easy not to crumble when you know you can afford to lose 4 or 5 games.

But they did crumble under pressure in the two cups they thought they were going to win.

So, yeah, I stand behind my view they've come on leaps and bounds under Gerrard, but done nowhere near enough to be considered even close to the Celtic team Rodgers built.

Rangers have won 1 trophy in 9. Rodgers team, falling apart and run by a buffoon, won 6 of those 9.

And I say that not really giving a damn about either side of the old firm, just as someone who watches a lot of football.

The numbers speak for themselves really.

Derek McInnes looking a bit sheepish watching little old St Johnstone go to Ibrox and win a cup 1/4 final having already won the league cup after using every excuse under the sun that his Aberdeen side didn’t have the resources to compete with Rangers and Celtic

Wish I had a suitable comeback to this. But cannot argue with it.

Well done Saints.

19673409_tenor(1)(7).gif.864ecce4f171a2b584c56dcfaa0fb60b.gif

You're welcome, Scottish football.

Love the irony of Craigen spending a solid minute talking about "Captain Tav" steps up yet again when he's most needed, before the same player absolutely bottles his penalty.