Rangers v St Johnstone

G51

Just as an aside, Rangers were never really put under any pressure in the league, given Celtic were so rubbish. They built a big lead and always had a buffer that never really looked like being eaten up.

St Mirren and St Johnstone put them under a bit of pressure in the two cup ties and both times Rangers came up well short.

Good for Scottish Football to see non Old Firm names on both cup trophies all the same.

Also Shows that while Rangers have come on massively under Gerrard, they've still a fair bit to go to be considered anywhere near as good as Rodgers Celtic, IMO.

2 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

I can’t remember the last time I cheered so loudly for another team’s goal than when I thought that it was Zander Clark who equalised. Just for curiosities sake, I would like @RandomGuy. to give his take on Zander Clark’s stats tonight.

Add my opinions of Clark onto the long list of things I'm wrong about.

Massive game from him, even discounting the goal/penalties.

Just now, gaz5 said:

Just as an aside, Rangers were never really put under any pressure in the league, given Celtic were so rubbish. They built a big lead and always had a buffer that never really looked like being eaten up.

St Mirren and St Johnstone put them under a bit of pressure in the two cup ties and both times Rangers came up well short.

Good for Scottish Football to see non Old Firm names on both cup trophies all the same.

Also Shows that while Rangers have come on massively under Gerrard, they've still a fair bit to go to be considered anywhere near as good as Rodgers Celtic, IMO.

Celtic couldn’t get close because they were bodied so hard by Rangers that the league was done in January.

That says a lot more about mentality than knockout cup ties, which are fun because they’re so heavily influenced by variance.