St Johnstone vs Rangers, Wednesday 21 April, 2021

The first part of a double-header. Hate it when you play teams back-to-back, even more so when it's the Old Firm. But have to embrace this week when it comes as such an important part of the season. 

Rangers will probably look at it a game at a time such is the quality they have but Saints need to consider both games in their preparations. We are are going to need to pick up something against Rangers, Celtic or Hibs to even have the chance of a shot at Livingston on the final day but if you can only guarantee getting everything 100% on one occasion, it has to be the weekend. 

I won't try and second guess the manager but really interested to see what he comes up with as a plan for the two games.

We've done alright against Rangers this season but Jon McLaughin and Allan McGregor have come up with big saves in all three games, whereas our goalkeepers...

How do we come out of this week with at least something?

Gerrard has already said that he's going to change the squad up for this game.

Hopeful we'll get to see some time for The Leon King. He looked good against Falkirk in the League Cup, he deserves some more minutes.

Expecting to see something like McLaughlin, Tavernier/Patterson (whatever works best in terms of Tav's fitness), Goldson, Simpson, Barisic, Zungu, Arfield, Kamara, Wright, Aribo, Roofe.

We'd be foolish if we took any risks on Wednesday, as we can't risk any injuries in what is basically a nothing game. Forget this invincible nonsense, just play a fringe team and if we lose then it's not a big deal.

1 minute ago, AJF said:

I'm not angry, I'm just disappointed.

Brother you know it's going to be a thing once he makes the breakthrough into the first team. Though maybe we should just go with Simba instead?

We'll play Chris Kane up front on his own, then hope we score from the one chance we create.

Last game at Ibrox was the best we've played v Rangers this season. From memory we restricted them to long shots and Bryson had a couple of half chances he maybe should do better with.

Scope for hope in the league game, but I can't us winning the Cup game. Rangers full attention will be on that.

45 minutes ago, The Real Saints said:

That PPV price is a disgrace. £17.50 to watch St. Johnstone?! Clearly raising their prices to fleece honest, hard-working Rangers fans. 

If I could be arsed/knew what I was doing with false IPs I'd watch it on RTV but I'll watch it on saintees tv again. 

Still not happy with the price though, you could guys could learn a lot from St Mirren tbh.

If I could be arsed/knew what I was doing with false IPs I'd watch it on RTV but I'll watch it on saintees tv again. 
Still not happy with the price though, you could guys could learn a lot from St Mirren tbh.

What could we learn from St Mirren? How to win Cups? How to finish in the top six?

Another game against Rangers another game with all social media packed with Rangers fans arguing Saints would make more money if the stream was 50% cheaper. Dread to think how these people manage in a job that's not extremely basic.

Fans back into stadiums and streams fucking off can't come soon enough. 

Can see the script playing out very similarly in both games. Plucky backs against the small Saints defending, miss a decent chance and lose a soft goal or two late on.

Please prove me wrong Saints. 

Edited by Mr Positive, sometimes.

Not sure how much Saints charged for their season pass this year, but the Club wouldn’t be expected to charge their Season Ticket Holders more (average £ per game) than a one off match pass fee charged to away fans; Aberdeen, Kilmarnock or in this case Rangers?
£17.50 does seem a lot but it’s fair if that’s the justification.

No one cares about the price of the PPV.

Everyone is waiting to see whether St Johnstone will give The People's Champions a guard of honour tomorrow night. The two clubs we've played since, Hibernian and Celtic, decided not to pay tribute because they are small-time.

1 hour ago, Clockwork said:

Not sure how much Saints charged for their season pass this year, but the Club wouldn’t be expected to charge their Season Ticket Holders more (average £ per game) than a one off match pass fee charged to away fans; Aberdeen, Kilmarnock or in this case Rangers?
£17.50 does seem a lot but it’s fair if that’s the justification.

We paid a full season ticket price so works at like £17.20 a game or something. 

50 minutes ago, G51 said:

Everyone is waiting to see whether St Johnstone will give The People's Champions a guard of honour tomorrow night. The two clubs we've played since, Hibernian and Celtic, decided not to pay tribute because they are small-time.

I think that would be a nice gesture as it is your first ever top league title  

Edited by Lang Toon Saintee

Seems fair. So long as the gesture is returned on Saturday when Scotland's second most successful club over the last decade visit Scotland's newest club.