Kilmarnock v Dundee United

Fantastic team performance when it really mattered. Other results going our way too, which tbh I think the players deserve after tonight.

Folk talk about luck balancing out over the course of the season. Now we're playing well and we seem to be getting breaks such as Lafferty yet again avoiding a sending off tonight. By my reckoning he should have had a red in both the games vs County and again tonight. I will take it all day long!

Doyle had nothing to do for 70 minutes but when he was called upon he really came through for us. There wouldn't be many on here who class themselves as Doyle fanatics but if the big man keeps putting in performances like that from now til the end of the season he will earn himself a few fans.

Many of us wondered why Millen was starting again but he really came through with two very important assists.

Broadfoot had a moment of madness near the end but overall I thought he was solid and silenced some of his critics tonight. Rossi beside him was immense. If not for the hat-trick, he could win MOTM. Didn't put a foot wrong and we have him to thank for the clean sheet - when Doyle and Dicker collided, it was him clearing on the line AND then rushing out to pressurise the man getting a shot away and skewing it wide.

Haunstrup for me was the weak link in the four. Almost everything United created or any time they got in was via his side.

Power and Dicker looked more like the Power and Dicker of all old, which is long overdue. Good to see them hunting in a pack and covering for each other. They didn't want to let anything past them tonight and went everywhere together. Dicker's forward passes are oft criticised but tonight he played a few nice ones.

Rory put in a great shift. I noticed him winning a few key tackles and stopping moves at really important times. Does a lot of the dirty spoiling that can go unnoticed.

Burke cementing his place as a performer of the season. Pinnock put in a poor performance against Montrose imo but tonight he looked more like the player we had seen in the weeks before. Didn't do much wrong.

You can't say enough about Kyle Lafferty really. The figures are Roy of the Rovers stuff, the kind of too-good-to-be-true stats that are the stuff of wee boy's dreams. After a good team performance it might be unfair to say he looks like singlehandedly keeping us up, but there's no doubt we would be down now if we had stuck with the players we had and didn't sign him. He has absolutely galvanised us and at times carried the other 10 men on his back!

I've a bet with my mate that if big Kylie wins us the Scottish I'll get a tattoo of his face on my arse. At this rate I'll be honoured to!

39 minutes ago, deadasdillinger said:

Thanks mate, yer some boy. Let me know exactly how many pies you need and they'll get shipped to you. I would have taken a 1-0 but you really came through.

Sadly I’m cutting down at the moment.  Rather you lot were in the league next year anyway.

I knew Killie would win especially as Dundee U have nothing to play for. I was even more certain of a home win when  I saw the lineups. No starts for Shankland, Clark or McNulty. Embarrassing from Mellon to be so overt that this game meant fck all to them. Kudos to Killie though. Lafferty has been some signing