Hibernian vs Motherwell - SC Quarter Final

Phillips455

17 hours ago, Bob Mahelp said:

Congratulations on sailing through, but a few short years ago both these clubs were in the Premiership, while your club wasn't. 

'Utter failure' is very subjective term in football.

Does a 0-3 skelping at home by United count?

3 hours ago, Merkland Red said:

Hibs fans in criticising others 'patter' shock 😂

My point was about the phantoms clamouring to post it, rather than the state of the 'patter' itself.  

But, as you're here, how about Aberdeensed it as some top bants going forward?  Better ring to it and quite apt today I'd suggest.  

1 minute ago, TonyFerrino said:

My point was about the phantoms clamouring to post it, rather than the state of the 'patter' itself.  

But, as you're here, how about Aberdeensed it as some top bants going forward?  Better ring to it and quite apt today I'd suggest.  

That's better than the usual Hibs 'patter'.

Your pals will be along to give you a greenie no matter what anyway :)

8 hours ago, Ill Ray said:

A lot of fans upset about the Hibs second goal and I get it given the rules it was offside. I’m gutted as well about it but to be honest with you from the naked eye that’s a really hard call so I don’t feel that much of a loss over it and would even argue that goal spurred the comeback anyway. 

The sentiment of ‘these things even themselves out’ is one I don’t agree with anymore as I feel like this season we’ve had some shockers against us, namely an offside equaliser from Rangers at Fir Park and a coupla dodgy St Mirren dives. The second Hibs goal though it’s no one that you can get too worked up over, when it happened live I thought it was on. Hibs were the better team anyway and going into the game I was resigned to losing and was pleasantly surprised by the fight the Motherwell team had. 

On to dreaming about next year’s Scottish Cup for me. Good luck to Hibs in the next round. 

I genuinely thought it was off as I watched it, couldn’t understand why the linesman couldn’t see it, it should have been uppermost in his mind as he knew the keeper wasn’t in the equation.  Given there was close to a yard in it he should have seen it.

I accept that you don’t know what would have happened after that, possibly lost 1-0 but it was a bread and butter decision for the linesman.

I genuinely thought it was off as I watched it, couldn’t understand why the linesman couldn’t see it, it should have been uppermost in his mind as he knew the keeper wasn’t in the equation.  Given there was close to a yard in it he should have seen it.
I accept that you don’t know what would have happened after that, possibly lost 1-0 but it was a bread and butter decision for the linesman.
There wasn't a yard in it though. I think it's O'Donnell on the camera side who's at a minimum very close to playing him on (there wasn't a definitive angle they showed with him in it though).

With the Rangers result, I'm even more gutted. A final without either old firm and we have been knocked out on penalties :(. I know we have been terrible this season but there was always that little bit of hope.

the next time we make a final I bet it will be it will be against one of the old firm. Even if the next final is decades away.

Edited by Phillips455

1 hour ago, Lebowski said:
2 hours ago, ropy said:

There wasn't a yard in it though. I think it's O'Donnell on the camera side who's at a minimum very close to playing him on (there wasn't a definitive angle they showed with him in it though).

One of the broadcasts drew a line, close to a yard, I assume you mean Gallagher as O’Donnell was floating about 18 yards out.

12 minutes ago, Crawford Bridge said:

For everybody moaning about the offside second goal watch it again and keep your eye on Boyle.

He's wiped out after the pass by the Motherwell keeper so would've been a penalty anyway.

If that was the case then it was a penalty , I will look back on that tomorrow, wouldn’t have an issue with that.  But the goal was offside.

One of the broadcasts drew a line, close to a yard, I assume you mean Gallagher as O’Donnell was floating about 18 yards out.
Aye, haven't seen a replay of it at all focusing on him but I'll take your word for it that it was probably Gallagher I'm thinking of. Hard one to take for you, but linesman is probably trying to look in about 3 different areas with players going in all directions for it. Easy to look at replays when you know what's about to happen and think it's horrendous but they're only getting one chance to see it.

21 hours ago, Crawford Bridge said:

For everybody moaning about the offside second goal watch it again and keep your eye on Boyle.

He's wiped out after the pass by the Motherwell keeper so would've been a penalty anyway.

I’ve watched it back, I don’t think a penalty would be awarded for that, Boyle’s shot was blocked then he half hurdled the keeper.

I did enjoy Boyle’s contribution to Motherwell’s equaliser.  He gave the ball away in an attacking position.  He conceded a free kick as Motherwell moved the ball up the pitch then he failed to challenge Watt’s header for the goal.

9 minutes ago, ropy said:

I’ve watched it back, I don’t think a penalty would be awarded for that, Boyle’s shot was blocked then he half hurdled the keeper.

Aye. There's not a fucking chance this is a penalty. Boyle just jumps in the air and falls to the ground...I'm genuinely not sure Kelly even touches him let alone "wipes him out".

giphy.gif

36 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

Aye. There's not a fucking chance this is a penalty. Boyle just jumps in the air and falls to the ground...I'm genuinely not sure Kelly even touches him let alone "wipes him out".

giphy.gif

I suspect the one in question was the one on Irvine

10 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

I suspect the one in question was the one on Irvine

Nah, your boy a couple of posts up the thread is talking specifically about Boyle & Kelly:

'For everybody moaning about the offside second goal watch it again and keep your eye on Boyle.

He's wiped out after the pass by the Motherwell keeper so would've been a penalty anyway."

Not for me, Clive.

Edited by capt_oats