Hibernian vs Motherwell - SC Quarter Final

Phillips455

2 hours ago, TonyFerrino said:

This Hibs'd it patter is about as funny as Only an Excuse is nowadays. 

The number of bawbags no doubt hovering the finger on the Submit Reply button and then scurrying off after Porto rattled his pen in pleases me greatly. 

There was Hibs'd it patter coming from a Dundee and a Partick supporter earlier in the thread.

Dundee and Partick for f**k sake! Two utter failures of football clubs.

Guest Bob Mahelp
14 minutes ago, Crawford Bridge said:

There was Hibs'd it patter coming from a Dundee and a Partick supporter earlier in the thread.

Dundee and Partick for f**k sake! Two utter failures of football clubs.

Congratulations on sailing through, but a few short years ago both these clubs were in the Premiership, while your club wasn't. 

'Utter failure' is very subjective term in football.

Just now, resk said:

Just saw the highlights on BBC.  Does the offside rule not apply to pony-tailed warrior poets?

This is the modern, new look Scottish fitba' in action. No more masonic handshakes and religious-themed fraternal organizations swaying refereeing decisions, we have the match officials receiving under-the-table brown paper bag bungs from Peruvian media moguls. You bitter fans of lesser teams can wail and rend your garments all you like, but the dashing warrior poets in the green have found out the SFA cheat codes and are going to foul, dive and bribe their way to victory, mark my words.

7 minutes ago, Crawford Bridge said:

Goal ruled out at Ibrox for nowt a couple of weeks ago.

These things even out etc.....

Lol, aye a pishy dead rubber between two teams locked into their 1st and 3rd places is the same as a Scottish Cup quarter final.  

2 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

Congratulations on sailing through, but a few short years ago both these clubs were in the Premiership, while your club wasn't. 

'Utter failure' is very subjective term in football.

Does one League Cup while Rangers are in the seaside's count? 

9 minutes ago, Aim Here said:

This is the modern, new look Scottish fitba' in action. No more masonic handshakes and religious-themed fraternal organizations swaying refereeing decisions, we have the match officials receiving under-the-table brown paper bag bungs from Peruvian media moguls. You bitter fans of lesser teams can wail and rend your garments all you like, but the dashing warrior poets in the green have found out the SFA cheat codes and are going to foul, dive and bribe their way to victory, mark my words.

Fair enough.  Good luck to youse.  When Hibs secure the title I will be slightly less raging than my normal state of mind which is massively raging at life and everyone else.    

Just saw the highlights on BBC.  Does the offside rule not apply to pony-tailed warrior poets?
He was offside but nobody seems to have spotted a couple of possible fouls on the Hibs players in the build up before the offside.

1. The goalkeeper looks to have taken out Boyle after he cut the ball back. Hard to tell if contact was made because the camera wasn't focused in on the incident.

2. I think its Jackson Irvine who was pulled down near the 6 yard box and it went un-noticed. Annoyingly there are clips on premier sports Twitter account of the other 3 goals but not this one.

Doesn't really matter anyway the better team went through.

I am raging at that second goal. Do the officials not know the rules.? When a goalie steps up they should be looking for an offside just like this. Glossed over on Sportscene. Imagine the meltdown if a big club had gone out on a decision like that. 

A lot of fans upset about the Hibs second goal and I get it given the rules it was offside. I’m gutted as well about it but to be honest with you from the naked eye that’s a really hard call so I don’t feel that much of a loss over it and would even argue that goal spurred the comeback anyway. 

The sentiment of ‘these things even themselves out’ is one I don’t agree with anymore as I feel like this season we’ve had some shockers against us, namely an offside equaliser from Rangers at Fir Park and a coupla dodgy St Mirren dives. The second Hibs goal though it’s no one that you can get too worked up over, when it happened live I thought it was on. Hibs were the better team anyway and going into the game I was resigned to losing and was pleasantly surprised by the fight the Motherwell team had. 

On to dreaming about next year’s Scottish Cup for me. Good luck to Hibs in the next round. 

17 hours ago, TonyFerrino said:

This Hibs'd it patter is about as funny as Only an Excuse is nowadays. 

The number of bawbags no doubt hovering the finger on the Submit Reply button and then scurrying off after Porto rattled his pen in pleases me greatly. 

Hibs fans in criticising others 'patter' shock 😂

5 hours ago, neildrake said:

I am raging at that second goal. Do the officials not know the rules.? When a goalie steps up they should be looking for an offside just like this. Glossed over on Sportscene. Imagine the meltdown if a big club had gone out on a decision like that. 

Worst thing that happened to us was scoring that second goal. Maybe sounds a strange thing to say. We were comfortable up to that point and that seemed to galvanise Motherwell. If that hadn't been allowed, that freak goal wouldn't have been scored and the additional pressure wouldn't have materialised. Aunty/Uncle balls etc. Fair play to Motherwell for making a game of it towards the end but any neutral watching(except the sheepshaggers as they're a fucking weird bunch) surely can't have any complaint that the better team went through.

24 minutes ago, Joe Terrapin said:

Worst thing that happened to us was scoring that second goal. Maybe sounds a strange thing to say. We were comfortable up to that point and that seemed to galvanise Motherwell. If that hadn't been allowed, that freak goal wouldn't have been scored and the additional pressure wouldn't have materialised. Aunty/Uncle balls etc. Fair play to Motherwell for making a game of it towards the end but any neutral watching(except the sheepshaggers as they're a fucking weird bunch) surely can't have any complaint that the better team went through.

Obviously a Well fan and even I could see Hibs dominated for most of the match. Did not create many clear cut chances before you scored mind. But given respective budgets and league positions the match went as most Well fans and neutrals expected. 

Point being when you take any game to penalties (regardless of what went before) it hurts twice as much than were we to have lost 2-0 in normal time. Morton fans would think similar in the last round.