Hibernian vs Motherwell - SC Quarter Final

Phillips455

As I posted in the Morton thread.

Arguably outside of Rangers this is the toughest tie.  The Team comfortably in 3rd at their ground.

That said I am actually relieved it is Hibs away rather than St Johnstone / St Mirren or Killie at Fir Park.  Strange but there is less expectation and trepidation from me this Saturday.  Expect to lose but who knows.

It is hard to see past Rangers romping it in any case.  Defeatist maybe or just a unhealthy sense of realism. 

I'm actually quite looking forward to this, although not with any great expectation of a result. I think Hibs are one of the weaker teams to have finished 3rd in the last few years, but they should still have enough for us without Watt or Roberts. If we do manage to pull something off I imagine it will be much more smash and grab than the 2-0 a few months back.

47 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

We'll win 1-0 and line up with

Kelly

Magloire Gallagher Lamie

O'Donnell Campbell Crawford McGinley

O'Hara Cole Maguire

Hastie to come on in the second half and score the winner.

Edited by Phillips455

Watched the Hibs goals last night and we have to be very wary of Martin Boyle. He seems to run at a 100 mph into the box and throw himself to the ground at the merest touch or merest hint of a touch. Never a penalty v Livi despite what Faddy said on Sportscene last night.  

I think Hibs will have too much of an attacking threat for us and will probably edge it. That said the pressure is on them as the team in 3rd and at home. So you just never know... 

55 minutes ago, welldaft said:

Watched the Hibs goals last night and we have to be very wary of Martin Boyle. He seems to run at a 100 mph into the box and throw himself to the ground at the merest touch or merest hint of a touch. Never a penalty v Livi despite what Faddy said on Sportscene last night.  

I think Hibs will have too much of an attacking threat for us and will probably edge it. That said the pressure is on them as the team in 3rd and at home. So you just never know... 

Has Boyle had any sort of relationship with Goodwin?

2 hours ago, Archie McSquackle said:

Changing direction at speed so that you skiff the side of a stationary defender is an underrated art although Ambrose didn't help himself by slightly putting a foot out.

Did he spend time with Scott Sinclair?

On 23/04/2021 at 01:30, Lyle Lanley said:

Boyle to dive once again and be awarded a penalty. 

Would be amusing, but only if it's straight after one of the leg breaker style tackles he gets every game - if only so we can watch the clowns on sportscene perform mental gymnastics trying to separate both varieties of "professionalism".