Hibernian vs Motherwell - SC Quarter Final

Phillips455

Game will take place on Saturday 24th April at 5pm on Premier Sports. Not the choice that I would have expected but hey.

For those who haven't used Premier Sports previously, here is a short run down:

There is a Channel on Sky Boxes for Premier. In order to use it you have to sign up for q 6 month subscription at £10.99 per month.

Alternatively, there is a Streaming version (like the PPV sites) here: https://www.premierplayer.tv/. You can create an account and choose from the following options:

• Sign up for a rolling monthly contract at £12.99 per month which you can cancel at any time.

I would suggest the second option as this would be similar of the PPV rates but it is a shame that it is not on the BBC. This is a month pass so it should cover the Semi Finals (Mainly for the Hibs fans as I doubt we will get through). Make sure to cancel the subscription as otherwise they can charge you again for next month!

Hibs going on a good turn of form, looking to get to thier 3rd semi final of the season (to eventually get knocked out from). 

Motherwell going pretty bad and this will most likely take place after a hammering against Hamilton this mid week.

Seems to be a dead on victory for Hibs but maybe, jsut maybe we can hammer throw our way to Hampdem. Maybe Hastie will score?

Edited by Phillips455

8 minutes ago, ropy said:

Any new curry houses in Edinburgh?

Not new, but........

The Guru (ex Dundee Terrace) has moved to new premises opposite the King's Theatre.

Naan breads the size of a Sky dish and BYOB.

11 hours ago, well fan for life said:

I really don't mind getting binned out of this now. My worst nightmare is that we'd somehow win this competition and these useless p***ks are celebrated as club legends.

Aye, I have zero strong opinions. A semi-final would be a laugh but if we go out it's not like getting bodied out by a Highland league side or whatever. It's not like a McCall era situation where we had a legitimately good side and getting bounced out will feel like too much of a missed opportunity. Let's face it this collection of shitebags aren't going to win the whole thing so why keep up the charade.

Getting papped out would just roll into my whole can we please just get this season in the fucking bin asap worldview at the moment.

Edited by capt_oats

20 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

Not new, but........

The Guru (ex Dundee Terrace) has moved to new premises opposite the King's Theatre.

Naan breads the size of a Sky dish and BYOB.

None of this salt and sauce pish in an Indian though?

7 hours ago, ropy said:

salt and sauce

The condiment of the gods, only a heathen would use anything else...................

Rather amusingly, the base of the sauce mix used in East coast chippies is manufactured in Cambuslang.

3-1 Hibs

Well, the TV fixtures have been announced and this game will take place on Saturday 24th April at 5pm.  

On Premier Sports......

I though for sure that the game would be on the BBC. Why didn't Premier take thr Aberdeen vs Dundee United game? Surely that would have been a bigger draw than this 1 sided affair?

Full list - 

Scottish Cup Quarter-Final Fixtures
Saturday 24 April

Hibernian v. Motherwell, kick-off 5pm (Live on Premier Sports)

Sunday, 25 April

Aberdeen v. Dundee United, kick-off 2.30pm (Live on BBC Scotland)
Rangers v. St Johnstone, kick-off 6.30pm (Live on Premier Sports)

Monday 26 April

Kilmarnock v. St. Mirren, kick-off 7.45pm (Live on BBC Scotland)

7 minutes ago, Phillips455 said:

Well, the TV fixtures have been announced and this game will take place on Saturday 24th April at 5pm.  

On Premier Sports......

I though for sure that the game would be on the BBC. Why didn't Premier take thr Aberdeen vs Dundee United game? Surely that would have been a bigger draw than this 1 sided affair?

I don’t even know how to access Premier Sports, is it a channel on my Sky box, is it a stream? I have never had to think of this before.

For those who want to watch the game(s) on Premier Sport, you can purchase a 1 month subscription for £12.99.

There is a £10.99 per month one but that's for a 6 month contract so I would suggest going against this. Buying the subscription will also cover the Semi Finals as well (and the final is on the BBC so there is no need for Premier at that point). 

4 minutes ago, ropy said:

I don’t even know how to access Premier Sports, is it a channel on my Sky box, is it a stream? I have never had to think of this before.

There is a Channel for Sky customers but there is also a online streaming version (think of the sky streaming services). For both options you will need to pay £10.99 at minimum and that locks you into a contract (6 months).

Alternatively you can create a streaming account and pay the 1 off monthly fee of £12.99 !and then cancel to prevent excluding charges. think of it as a better version of the PPV site. Still shte but you get what I mean.

There should also be discount offers but I can't seem to find any right now.

Edited by Phillips455

9 minutes ago, well fan for life said:

This. I don't even have a Sky box. 

What a shitshow. 

Just updated the OP with the details. Hope that helps.

I bet some Well fans have a Premier Sports account after the Glentoran game (for the non season ticket holders). 

Our home form is patchy and Motherwell beat us at ER a few weeks ago, certainly not going to be an easy game. Would’ve preferred if it wasn’t on Premier Sports but I’m sure it’ll be no issue to source a stream. 

26 minutes ago, Les Cabbage said:

Shamelessly stolen from Twitter but the account is private so I can’t link it to credit it but...

Hibs have played 10 games on a Saturday evening kick off since 2016.

W0 D4 L6

Scored 7

Conceded 18

Congratulations, Motherwell.

Tbf, in that same amount of time We have only had 1 Saturday Evening kick off. Which was against Hibs at Eastern Road. It ended up 0-0 so.... Penalties anyone?

Edited by Phillips455

2 minutes ago, Phillips455 said:

Tbf, in that same amount of time We have only had 1 Saturday Evening kick off. Which was against Hibs at Eastern Road. It ended up 0-0 so.... Penalties anyone?

We are excellent at penalties