European Super League.

Lofarl

52 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

That would be a measure which reduced their income, yes.

Yip, that'll be why I suggested it, as an alternative to the example you provided of how it might be achieved.

I get the impression that increased egalitarianism in football doesn't float your boat though, given your defence of the pitiful entity that was the SPL. 

5 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Yip, that'll be why I suggested it, as an alternative to the example you provided of how it might be achieved.

I get the impression that increased egalitarianism in football doesn't float your boat though, given your defence of the pitiful entity that was the SPL. 

My defence of it amounted to pointing out that it wasn't as bad as the Super League.

6 hours ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Arsenal board’s open letter to fans

https://www.arsenal.com/news/open-letter-our-fans

TLDR version: whoops sorry, we were scared of getting left behind, sorry , we got that wrong, sorry

These apologies are all tremendous examples of having to apologise for losing touch with the fans, and the apology itself showing how out of touch they are. 

As an aside, i'm always raging when I cant find the right Simpsons gif for a situation, but this immediately made me think of Homer getting pulled for calling the binmen "trash eating stinkbags" and his defence was "Eh I dunno, a lot of people were yelling stuff". 

8 hours ago, ftk said:

Sun reporting now the English Big six want Rangers and Celtic to create a British Super League emoji1787.png

Didn’t Agnelli or Perez make a claim that Boris Johnson had said he would make it difficult for the English sides if they went ahead? I wouldn’t put it past the Tories telling the other EPL sides that they would only help out if they done their bit to help fight Independence. Using those two teams as a political football to try and make sure their fans all vote against it is exactly the type of move I would expect.

10 hours ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Arsenal board’s open letter to fans

https://www.arsenal.com/news/open-letter-our-fans

TLDR version: whoops sorry, we were scared of getting left behind, sorry , we got that wrong, sorry

My absolutely favourite bit is where they claim they signed up to this in pursuit of stability.

We really are through the looking glass here People.

Perez did another crazy interview last night. Found it via the Twitter page
https://twitter.com/themadridzone?s=21
He must definitely be doing some serious drugs.

The most interesting part is probably him saying no one has officially left the superleague yet, including paying the financial penalty.
It could all just be lies though. It's impossible to tell with these people.

1 minute ago, charger29 said:

The most interesting part is probably him saying no one has officially left the superleague yet, including paying the financial penalty.
It could all just be lies though. It's impossible to tell with these people.

It’s probably true, I can imagine actually getting themselves out of it taking a bit of time.

It’s probably true, I can imagine actually getting themselves out of it taking a bit of time.

Not sure about the financial penalty bit though. If it was a significant amount of money clubs wouldn't have unofficially pulled out within 48hrs.

37 minutes ago, charger29 said:

Not sure about the financial penalty bit though. If it was a significant amount of money clubs wouldn't have unofficially pulled out within 48hrs.

I was more just thinking on a practical level, taking time to get the lawyers to draft things etc.

I imagine there will be some financial penalty but as you say, it can’t be so significant that would prevent them pulling out. Despite whatever Perez says, I don’t think they’d have gone into this without knowing there was an acceptable way out of it either..

2 hours ago, Jambomo said:

Perez did another crazy interview last night. Found it via the Twitter page

https://twitter.com/themadridzone?s=21

He must definitely be doing some serious drugs.

The man is doing some serious arse covering here to hide the trail of destruction he's left in Madrid's finances. 

10 hours ago, ftk said:

Sun reporting now the English Big six want Rangers and Celtic to create a British Super League emoji1787.png

Fabulous 😂

The last time this was seriously raised they weren't even welcome in the fucking Championship, never mind amongst actual big clubs in England