Lofarl

European Super League.

37 minutes ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

It would take a complete re-alignment of how club football operates...

oh wait that is what the big clubs are proposing.

Exactly.

This will eventually lead to salary caps in the ESL that will still allow them to offer significantly more money than any non-ESL club.

The owners are ruthless capitalists that don't want to pay the players a cent more than they have to.

Is there talk of clubs leaving their domestic league in order to join this? 

1 minute ago, TheGoon said:

Yes, after you did and it was apparently fair game in a discussion about viewing figures for fucking West Brom games. Kin hell mate. I’m sorry to have besmirched the good name of Brighton & Hove Albion Football Club or whatever. A truly astonishing reaction to a point you appear to be imagining is being made.

If you've ever read any of my posts, you'll soon realise a mild undercurrent of anger is my default state of being. I'm essentially the Henry Rollins of this forum. And it was actually in reaction to you attributing an argument I never made to me. 

I apologise for calling you an " utter, utter danger". I didn't realise it would elicit such a an astonishing, rolling foul mouthed outburst. 

1 minute ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Is there talk of clubs leaving their domestic league in order to join this? 

The domestic leagues are saying they will have to. Basically kicking them out if they go.

Just now, Jambomo said:

The domestic leagues are saying they will have to. Basically kicking them out if they go.

Oh we have a stand off then. You love to see it 

2 minutes ago, Baptiste Bourgeois said:

If you've ever read any of my posts, you'll soon realise a mild undercurrent of anger is my default state of being. I'm essentially the Henry Rollins of this forum. And it was actually in reaction to you attributing an argument I never made to me. 

I apologise for calling you an " utter, utter danger". I didn't realise it would elicit such a an astonishing, rolling foul mouthed outburst. 

Right...well thanks for that. I’m sure the P&B users appreciated it.

2 minutes ago, East Coast Warrior said:

I want to watch all the carnage from afar. Mon the Super League! 

Just leverage and threats for the discussions and votes on CL that are coming up surely.

This would be funny, especially if the leagues went full Neville and started dishing out fines, relegations and points deductions.

Just now, The Golden God said:

How the f**k are Newcastle considered a big enough club to be involved in this shite?

Nothing to do with the Saudis buying into the club in any way  🙄

6 minutes ago, The Golden God said:

How the f**k are Newcastle considered a big enough club to be involved in this shite?

Are they?? I totally missed that 🤣🤣

I think if a European Super League only contains sides from England, Spain, and Italy. It should just be called the English- Italian,-Spanish League; It is not a European Super League if it only has 3 nations. If Scotland, Switzerland and Greece create League can we call that the European Premier League? 

The outcome will be protected places in the CL forever for certain clubs and more of a share of revenues going direct to clubs and/or the ability of clubs to negotiate their own broadcast deals. 

I couldn't give a shit really. Let them do it, European club football is already fucked. 

3 minutes ago, Thistle Scotland Europe said:

I think if a European Super League only contains sides from England, Spain, and Italy. It should just be called the English- Italian,-Spanish League; It is not a European Super League if it only has 3 nations. If Scotland, Switzerland and Greece create League can we call that the European Premier League? 

Celtic-Ajeti-Barkas Banter League.

5 minutes ago, Thistle Scotland Europe said:

Like the world series in baseball?

If nothing else, the Super League has provided us with the quote tweets of this which are great.

Actually, there is potential here. A super league that takes the champions of each league every season. Even a championship with promotion relegation for lower countries on the coefficient.. Replace each team with champions of their league each season unless outright winner.
Some form of league of champions.

Celtic's application to join has just reached the organisers,

Laughing.gif