European Super League.

Lofarl

Many NFL games play to stadiums with plenty of empty seats, usually dead rubber games or when a team is on a shite run.

They still rake in millions in profit every year.

Sponsorship will be a huge deal for this new European league nonsense. We're already seeing it with silly stuff like 'official paint partners' etc.

Incidentally, the SPFL need to be taking full advantage of this and marketing themselves and their leagues as 'real' and 'honest', however hollow that might be. They also should be very wary of the ticket prices here and put a cap on them during the close season, otherwise they leave themselves wide open to the criticism of being no different or better. £30 for a ticket at Tynecastle is a disgrace. £24 for a ticket at Dens is a disgrace. Etc. With that sort of pricing relative to the 'product' and 'experience', the clubs here are just as greedy and just as uncaring about their fans.

2 minutes ago, Left Back said:

Neville could be going heads gone again here.

5 minutes of Neville and Carragher losing the plot has me more on board with this super league.

This really is the age of taking delight other people being mad. Culture wars, brexit all that shite is just about folk getting a reaction from people they don't like.

Sky Sports tears yum yum yum.

3 minutes ago, Jambomo said:

Impressed that Milner and Klopp have said they don’t like it or don’t want it. They are in a position where it can cause them a lot of trouble to not follow the club line here.

True, but a cynic might say Milner is coming to the end of his career and Klopp is looking for an exit route from Liverpool anyway. 

1 minute ago, DA Baracus said:

Many NFL games play to stadiums with plenty of empty seats, usually dead rubber games or when a team is on a shite run.

Sponsorship will be a huge deal for this new European league nonsense. We're already seeing it with silly stuff like 'official paint partners' etc.

Incidentally, the SPFL need to be taking full advantage of this and marketing themselves and their leagues as 'real' and 'honest', however hollow that might be. They also should be very wary of the ticket prices here and put a cap on them during the close season, otherwise they leave themselves wide open to the criticism of being no different or better. £30 for a ticket at Tynecastle is a disgrace. £24 for a ticket at Dens is a disgrace. Etc. With that sort of pricing relative to the 'product' and 'experience', the clubs here are just as greedy and just as uncaring about their fans.

I thought they work on a system of the game can't be shown in the state(Seahawks in Washington) live until it sells out.

16 minutes ago, Day of the Lords said:

It would be pretty funny if UEFA and FIFA follow through with their threats to ban players from World Cups etc and JP Morgan end up shelling billions for 20 teams rammed full of journeymen and 35 year old former internationals at the arse end of their careers.

Oh god please let this happen.

Good point reference the ticket prices especially as fans have dug deep to help their clubs at a difficult time. Be nice to see a few clubs knock a couple of pound of their prices for a bit.

18 minutes ago, Day of the Lords said:

It would be pretty funny if UEFA and FIFA follow through with their threats to ban players from World Cups etc and JP Morgan end up shelling billions for 20 teams rammed full of journeymen and 35 year old former internationals at the arse end of their careers.

That would be fabulous.

I hope Sky manage to get a broadcast deal for this so we can marvel at them marketing the greatest superleague in the world. 

I can hear Tyler already: "And Chelsea equalise in the 4th minute of added on time! Where else but the European Super League would you see anything like that?!" 

4 minutes ago, dirty dingus said:

I thought they work on a system of the game can't be shown in the state(Seahawks in Washington) live until it sells out.

I’m pretty sure that is true aye. Which actually proves his point even more. It’s not that the fans would rather just stay at home and watch the game, they can’t even be bothered to do that.

Just now, Ro Sham Bo said:

I hope Sky manage to get a broadcast deal for this so we can marvel at them marketing the greatest superleague in the world. 

I can hear Tyler already: "And Chelsea equalise in the 4th minute of added on time! Where else but the European Super League would you see anything like that?!" 

Or Carragher going until I seen 47 year old Wayne Rooney scoring an overhead kick for Liverpool pooliside in Dubai, I would never have thought how successful this league could be.

9 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

More likely it will be Amazon or Google that get it.

Edited by DMCs

7 minutes ago, PB1994 said:

I’m pretty sure that is true aye. Which actually proves his point even more. It’s not that the fans would rather just stay at home and watch the game, they can’t even be bothered to do that.

I think the fact that NFL is prime time free to air makes it easier to be the cash cow through advertising. Maybe they will go down that route and use the viewing blocking to make it more attractive than it actually is.