European Super League.

Lofarl

48 minutes ago, Michael W said:

This has 'didn't happen' written all over it. 

Especially as the story was published in a newspaper 4 hours after Chelsea had left the ESL. Seems like quite a short space of time to discuss a new League.

Sun reporting now the English Big six want Rangers and Celtic to create a British Super League [emoji1787]

The only difference would be that fans of other clubs up here would be out protesting to make sure they left and had nothing more to do with the game up here, no colt teams left behind.

On 20/04/2021 at 14:02, ahemps said:

The motives behind this are abhorrent but to be fair a lot of this sounds good and if it was already in place in the domestic leagues and UEFA football we wouldn't have created the monsters we have just now.

Only if there was no relegation in place.

1 hour ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Well the sound of it is something quite atrocious, for a start. 

Plus it makes you sound precocious. 

46 minutes ago, G51 said:

Gary Lineker thinks we're all stupid.

Or maybe too stupid to  spot sarcasm?

On 20/04/2021 at 19:30, jamamafegan said:

Yeah that would be good. I won’t accept anything other than a points deduction. Well, league expulsion to tier 5 would be better actually but I don’t think they’d do that. They’ve thrown the footballing world into turmoil for simply being greedy b*****ds - they should be punished severely. Make them cry like a little bitch. I want tear stain statements after they’ve been given massive points deductions.

Sam Allardyce obviously the mastermind behind this to maintain his "never been relegated" record, imho.

10 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Another massive own goal for the Super League lads, this.

Would be hilarious if they moved the game from Wembley to Hampden as a f**k you to the English clubs. I know they won't but I'm enjoying the thought of it. 

2 hours ago, The Moonster said:

Would be hilarious if they moved the game from Wembley to Hampden as a f**k you to the English clubs. I know they won't but I'm enjoying the thought of it. 

Given how positive Seferien was about the UK government's reaction there is no chance this will happen. 

Fabulous [emoji23]
The last time this was seriously raised they weren't even welcome in the fucking Championship, never mind amongst actual big clubs in England 
Talkshite were discussing this today- the view was that Rangers and Celtic were welcome but would need to start at the bottom of the pyramid.

5 hours ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:
15 hours ago, Day of the Lords said:
Fabulous emoji23.png
The last time this was seriously raised they weren't even welcome in the fucking Championship, never mind amongst actual big clubs in England 

Talkshite were discussing this today- the view was that Rangers and Celtic were welcome but would need to start at the bottom of the pyramid.

The best came from Alkie Brazil 'Apart from Celtic and Rangers the rest of the Scottish teams have no support. Teams like Motherwell only get about 3 to 4 thousand fans and most of them are Celtic or Rangers fans just going along as their team is playing away'

Ally McCoist did pull him up for it, to give him credit.