European Super League.

Lofarl

3 minutes ago, D TOTAL said:

What does this super league have to do with the government?, Iv no idea why boris is sticking his oar in as PM(as a fan I could understand a personal opinion)?

There are things that could be done to stop it even if they are drastic. They could make it harder for Super League clubs to get visas for players that they buy from abroad.

Edited by DMCs

12 minutes ago, D TOTAL said:

Disney ahahhhahaha, hope it’s not Facebook it’ll be full of ads every 30 seconds 

Absolute SCENES when folk are sitting down to watch the Milan derby on youTube only to get bugged with fucking Grammarly ads every ten mins, or the "Do you want to keep watching" pause just as Ibra scores an overhead kick in the 93rd minute end of the last quarter. 

Edited by Day of the Lords

10 minutes ago, D TOTAL said:

What does this super league have to do with the government?, Iv no idea why boris is sticking his oar in as PM(as a fan I could understand a personal opinion)?

Football is a massive industry in the UK, it  employs a lot of people and is important in the communities.

Any threat to any of the big industries in the UK will have the government all I’ve it.

Just now, Jambomo said:

Football is a massive industry in the UK, it  employs a lot of people and is important in the communities.

Any threat to any of the big industries in the UK will have the government all I’ve it.

It really isn’t.  The idea that football is big business is a myth.  Very few football clubs take in as much revenue a year as a single large supermarket.  Not the group.  One single store.  

It is important to the communities voters.

Agreed. For a right wing bunch of ultra capitalist, free market economists it seems massively hypocritical to be getting involved in privately run businesses.

15 minutes ago, D TOTAL said:

Well work visas for one.

If these clubs want to operate outside UEFA and the FA then are there players still entitled to a work visa? Probably not under the current law.

Should Real Madrid players be allowed to come here and work? We are out the EU, there is no right to work, it is down to the discretion of the government.

Then there are tax arrangements. Will players have to pay taxes for games played in the UK?

1 hour ago, Day of the Lords said:

It would be pretty funny if UEFA and FIFA follow through with their threats to ban players from World Cups etc and JP Morgan end up shelling billions for 20 teams rammed full of journeymen and 35 year old former internationals at the arse end of their careers.

Aye this, some kind of middle ground of China and the MLS

Just now, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

Well work visas for one.

If these clubs want to operate outside UEFA and the FA then are there players still entitled to a work visa? Probably not under the current law.

Should Real Madrid players be allowed to come here and work? We are out the EU, there is no right to work, it is down to the discretion of the government.

Then there are tax arrangements. Will players have to pay taxes for games played in the UK?

Real Madrids players don’t need a visa to come and “work” here.  They aren’t being paid here.  It’s no different to a salesman from France having customers in the UK he has to sell to as part of his job.  He’s allowed to travel to the UK to conduct business.

I’ve travelled to many countries for business purposes.  Never needed a visa for it.  no footballer from abroad has ever needed a visa to come and play for his international or club team against a UK team.

Just now, Left Back said:

Real Madrids players don’t need a visa to come and “work” here.  They aren’t being paid here.  It’s no different to a salesman from France having customers in the UK he has to sell to as part of his job.  He’s allowed to travel to the UK to conduct business.

I’ve travelled to many countries for business purposes.  Never needed a visa for it.  no footballer from abroad has ever needed a visa to come and play for his international or club team against a UK team.

That is not what the law says.

They had to make an exemption specifically for the Champions League Final

https://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/news/article-1724679/Barcelona-stars-dodge-tax-on-Champs-League-cash.html

There are clauses and exemptions for certain competitions and this new Super League would need these exemptions written in law.

5 minutes ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

That is not what the law says.

They had to make an exemption specifically for the Champions League Final

https://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/news/article-1724679/Barcelona-stars-dodge-tax-on-Champs-League-cash.html

There are clauses and exemptions for certain competitions and this new Super League would need these exemptions written in law.

A residency test was brought in years after that game.

8 hours ago, steelmen said:

Chelsea - becoming a better team now the cash has been turned back on.

Man City - yep with the money flow coming from their owners.

Real - yep i will give you them

Where are  PSG. 

I'm not really following your thought process here, tbh. 

6 minutes ago, Left Back said:

A residency test was brought in years after that game.

They still need to pay tax on earnings for matches played in the UK.

"Non-UK resident sportspeople will pay UK tax on the proportion of their earnings which relate to UK activities. In the case of team sports - a non resident footballer playing a match here for example - earnings attributable to the UK match will be taxable in the UK."

https://www.taxback.com/blog/sportspeople-uk-tax/