European Super League.

Lofarl

Just now, G51 said:

I'd be absolutely astounded if the three teams weren't Bayern, PSG and Dortmund. There's no way those clubs aren't in a European Super League.

Would be some laugh considering UEFA praised Germany and France. Would also make sense as to why they've not yet been announced.

Just now, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

It is the same teams mate. It is exactly the same except these founding clubs don't want to actually have to be successful to keep their place at the top.

There is a very real chance that Juventus could miss out on the top 4 in Italy this season. Obviously similar for Liverpool, Tottenham and Arsenal in England. The whole thing stinks. I'm not even convinced the fans of those teams want it to go ahead.

1 minute ago, G51 said:

I'd be absolutely astounded if the three teams weren't Bayern, PSG and Dortmund. There's no way those clubs aren't in a European Super League.

They've all openly condemned the proposal. The only German team with any chance of being interested is Leipzig, because the others all have some sort of fan control. I did posit the theory that the draft proposal originally expected them to be on board.

3 minutes ago, Baptiste Bourgeois said:

Porto :lol::lol:

A fucking non-entity of a club. What a joke.

Non-entity of a club that have actually won the champions league.  More than can be said for Arsenal, Spurs or Man City.  Even PSG or Leipzig if the jump on board with this.

Just now, David W said:

There is a very real chance that Juventus could miss out on the top 4 in Italy this season. Obviously similar for Liverpool, Tottenham and Arsenal in England. The whole thing stinks. I'm not even convinced the fans of those teams want it to go ahead.

As an Arsenal fan, we absolutely don't. We won't be making the CL any time soon but when we do, it should be because we've built a worthy team on the park and not due to shady backroom deals.

Just now, Mr. Brightside said:

Again I don't see how there is any way the fans approve that.

I guess that the European Super League is a very different concept when it's your club that's involved. Who knows?

1 minute ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Would be some laugh considering UEFA praised Germany and France. Would also make sense as to why they've not yet been announced.

It's pretty unthinkable to imagine those clubs seeing an enormous opportunity being created and not trying to take it. If they don't, they'll rapidly lose their good players to it.

Just now, G51 said:

I guess that the European Super League is a very different concept when it's your club that's involved. Who knows?

I don't think there's many fans in favour of it, and the German fans are more hardline when it comes to the money in football.

30 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

So if 5 get admitted each season, presumably 5 get relegated also. Its pretty much just the Champions League but without PSG and Bayern. I can't get worked up either way by it. 

I can't see it being as simple as that, after all why would Man U, Man C and the other clubs come up with this if they could be relegated out of it after a year, and possibly not return for several seasons. 

1 minute ago, Mr. Brightside said:

I don't think there's many fans in favour of it, and the German fans are more hardline when it comes to the money in football.

I dunno. If the choice is joining an alternative to the Champions League, or staying in it and losing all your good players and becoming a second-tier European club, then you might look at it differently?