European Super League.

Lofarl

5 minutes ago, Jambomo said:

Well they still have Mbappe, Lewendoski  and the likes from the clubs not joining. The fact they haven’t all joined up is their big weakness, there are still decent players and teams to watch.

I would assume that the clubs joining the Super league would only be doing so for substantially more revenue - as a result the likes of Mbappe and Lewendowski would be offered silly money to join participating clubs and the leagues in France and Germany weakened and diminished as a result. 

Also the prestige of winning the Champions League would be reduced significantly as the tv money would probably go with the Super League and again result in top players leaving for the glory of winning the new shiny and obscene Supe league

20 minutes ago, Perkin Flump said:

Thought Neville was superb there, calling for Man Utd, Liverpool & Arsenal to be relegated was a particular highlight.

Looking at it from a Salford City angle probably. His family also were heavily involved with Bury over the years so despite who he played for he's likely to be a diddy club man at heart.

2 minutes ago, Baptiste Bourgeois said:

Your point was that nobody watches The diddy teams, and the depth to which diddy teams attract interest is overstated. I can go back and quote this for you if you're feeling forgetful? :)

Both were nonsense, particularly the latter point. 

As for the last part. That's quite an outburst. "sanctimonious tit", "complete tit", "fud", "melt".  Anything else to add? You're certainly doing a fine job of displaying that you're not foaming at the mouth seething yourself. 

I didn’t feel the need to start launching insults to make my point, you did petal. Would you like me to quote that bit for you? 

A good effort though, perhaps at least try tie your next meltdown into what’s actually being discussed though, it’d help make you look like slightly less of a moron.

17 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Looking at it from a Salford City angle probably. His family also were heavily involved with Bury over the years so despite who he played for he's likely to be a diddy club man at heart.

He did a great job in supporting them when they needed it.

Doubt he could have done anything when involved with Salford while I think of it. Makes you wonder if he should have invested in them instead.

Edited by Karpaty Lviv

25 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

Some interesting points raised by Salford City's co-owner on Sky Sports, there. 

To be fair, he heavily caveated the rant by acknowledging that, and also acknowledging how well he has done from football financially.

I thought he was absolutely spot on. 

8 minutes ago, Baptiste Bourgeois said:

Oh yes, you didn't need feel the need to launch insults to make your point. That'll be why only launched - at the latest count - the 6 of them. 🤣 

I've never seen someone so angrily make an accusation of anger. It's compelling viewing. 

Yes, after you did and it was apparently fair game in a discussion about viewing figures for fucking West Brom games. Kin hell mate. I’m sorry to have besmirched the good name of Brighton & Hove Albion Football Club or whatever. A truly astonishing reaction to a point you appear to be imagining is being made.

36 minutes ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

It would take a complete re-alignment of how club football operates...

oh wait that is what the big clubs are proposing.

You can re-align club football however you want.  There’s no way the players are getting less money.  Agents will be well alive to that possibility.

37 minutes ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

It would take a complete re-alignment of how club football operates...

oh wait that is what the big clubs are proposing.

Exactly.

This will eventually lead to salary caps in the ESL that will still allow them to offer significantly more money than any non-ESL club.

The owners are ruthless capitalists that don't want to pay the players a cent more than they have to.

1 minute ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Is there talk of clubs leaving their domestic league in order to join this? 

The domestic leagues are saying they will have to. Basically kicking them out if they go.

2 minutes ago, Baptiste Bourgeois said:

If you've ever read any of my posts, you'll soon realise a mild undercurrent of anger is my default state of being. I'm essentially the Henry Rollins of this forum. And it was actually in reaction to you attributing an argument I never made to me. 

I apologise for calling you an " utter, utter danger". I didn't realise it would elicit such a an astonishing, rolling foul mouthed outburst. 

Right...well thanks for that. I’m sure the P&B users appreciated it.

2 minutes ago, East Coast Warrior said:

I want to watch all the carnage from afar. Mon the Super League! 

Just leverage and threats for the discussions and votes on CL that are coming up surely.

This would be funny, especially if the leagues went full Neville and started dishing out fines, relegations and points deductions.