European Super League.

Lofarl

2 minutes ago, Baptiste Bourgeois said:

That's not what you said champ.

You said "hence why absolutely nobody watches the likes of Wolves vs Sheffield United etc either." And "The depth English Football has an interest in the diddy teams is always greatly overstated. "

Both of which were palpable nonsense, so no wonder you've tried to shift the goalposts significantly. Lol.

What on earth did you think I meant you lunatic? Less than 1,000 people paid to watch West Brom vs Burnley just a few months ago (with a supporter led boycott) but these games do not bring in the viewers it’s assumed they do. If you’d like to point me to literally any evidence of non-entities being a factor in the PL’s international growth and not the strength of the larger clubs I really would love to see it, champ. 

Whilst this is clearly a bad thing, I find it hard to get more annoyed about this than I do about OF Colts teams, clubs voting to relegate Hearts/Thistle/Stranraer, illogical 22 game seasons, the rumours of Brechin preparing a legal challenge to avoid a deserved relegation playoff and the countless other examples of self-interest that are evident throughout the domestic game. 

1 minute ago, Fraser Fyvie said:

Why is everyone seething about this?

Fantastic idea IMO.

Champions League-esque games every week? This is what football should be about.

The champions league is shite enough for repetitive games against the same teams, we don’t need a whole bigger league of it. 

2 minutes ago, Baptiste Bourgeois said:

That attempt at bait from Fraser Fyvie :lol:

Must be bait if someones dares to disagree with you.

1 minute ago, Jambomo said:

The champions league is shite enough for repetitive games against the same teams, we don’t need a whole bigger league of it. 

That's exactly what domestic leagues are. This will give the game more variety. The Champions League knockout stages is the best entertainment in football.

25 minutes ago, Jambomo said:

I wonder what the players actually think of this?

Probably whether or not the money on their payslips increases or not and little else. Clubs wouldn't be looking at a breakaway if there wasn't going to be money in it for them.

The only possible impact on this for them is that they might end up barred from international football. I think quite a lot of people would be pretty shocked when they realise that a lot of elite level players don't really give a shit about it and would happily junk it for this league. 

I guess if they aren't for it they can go and play for Everton and the breakaway clubs will offer a lot of money for players lacking such concerns. 

1 minute ago, Michael W said:

The only possible impact on this for them is that they might end up barred from international football. I think quite a lot of people would be pretty shocked when they realise that a lot of elite level players don't really give a shit about it and would happily junk it for this league. 

Can't wait for HalfCutNinja's response to this