Forfar v Clyde.

Guest andyp1301
1 minute ago, David W said:

It would have been rude if we'd avoided a Thursday game anyway. I don't know how I'll cope if we go into the final day needing a result to go our way, given we're not playing.

Good second half from us tonight, could easily have scored the third goal earlier with a bit more care. Mitchell, Howie, Cuddihy all played well. I'd suggest that midfield is a bit open if we're playing anyone else.

Thought Cuddihy poor second half......

Guest andyp1301
Just now, shawfielder said:

Never thought I ever say this but Kevin Nichol makes all the difference in the middle of the park, a bit of steel that we’ve been missing all season

MOM again for me.

I think we measured it well tonight. With respect, Forfar are as bad as their supporters say. As David writes, against another team our midfield might've been trampled over. And the point about getting a third earlier is obviously right too. Had we the midfield of a season or two back (Grant, McStay, Rankin) and a sharper David Goodwillie, that game could've turned into something like the 6 - 1 Stranraer game.

I would say that Jamieson got his goals despite his touch on the night. More often than not it was a tackle! But he put in an energetic performance didn't he? And he used his speed well over the piece. If he had Josh Jack's touch he would be a hell of a useful player already. Plenty time to get better mind you.

I think another few days of solid rest is a mercy. Players like Goodwillie and Love looked either shattered or very resigned about their play at times.

Edited by Clydeside
Typo

14 hours ago, The Skelpit Lug said:

I'm hoping for a convincing Forfar win. The team should be buzzing after the Dundee Utd performance with no injuries of note after the game. The cup-tied players will be available again so pretty much a full squad to pick from. Clyde might well be exhausted with their busy schedule. A 2-0 Forfar win. 

Didn’t want to risk it at the time but I initially thought this prediction was well off the mark. Forfar were woeful at broadwood a few weeks back and only looked ok against United because United were pish on the night. 

53 minutes ago, Clydeside said:

I think we measured it well tonight. With respect, Forfar are as bad as their supporters say. As David writes, against another team our midfield might've been trampled over. And the point about getting a third earlier is obviously right too. Had we the midfield of a season or two back (Grant, McStay, Rankin) and a sharper David Goodwillie, that game could've turned into something like the 6 - 1 Stranraer game.

I would say that Jamieson got his goals despite his touch on the night. More often than not it was a tackle! But he put in an energetic performance didn't he? And he used his speed well over the piece. If he had Josh Jack's touch he would be a hell of a useful player already. Plenty time to get better mind you.

I think another few days of solid rest is a mercy. Players like Goodwillie and Love looked either shattered or very resigned about their play at times.

Clydeside is bang on as usual! Unfortunately, our midfield is what it is. Thought although he played well, we're too reliant on KN. 

Forfar were certainly poor but we scored 2 goals by playing through midfield rather than over it. 

Thank heavens for Jamieson tonight because DGW looked out of sorts and looked very frustrated with the poor service he was given.

I genuinely sway between absolutely hating and liking this Clyde team every five minutes. We’re a very, very limited football team but there is plenty of heart, desire and other clichéd nonsense.

Great win tonight and hopefully we can keep our heads above water during the split. Who on earth voted for a 22 game season?!

9 hours ago, TheBigGuy said:

Delighted for the lads and the management team specifically.

hope to god we are back supporting you next season. No idea why none of us can get into grounds atm.

disgrace

Because the country is still in lockdown maybe?

9 hours ago, SLClyde said:

Didn’t want to risk it at the time but I initially thought this prediction was well off the mark. Forfar were woeful at broadwood a few weeks back and only looked ok against United because United were pish on the night. 

The sad part is I did actually believe Forfar would realise the importance of last night's game and play like a team out to prove they knew what's at stake. But we're not sitting bottom on11 points for no reason and last night was just another pathetic performance in a season full of them.

5 minutes ago, The Skelpit Lug said:

The sad part is I did actually believe Forfar would realise the importance of last night's game and play like a team out to prove they knew what's at stake. But we're not sitting bottom on11 points for no reason and last night was just another pathetic performance in a season full of them.

We were fine until the equaliser, once that calamity took place think everyone knew how the night would end.

1 hour ago, nofixedability said:

We were fine until the equaliser, once that calamity took place think everyone knew how the night would end.

And it looks like we know how the season will end. I hope plans are getting put in place and this isn't the start of a steady decline.