Ross County v St Mirren 21/4

4 hours ago, Coventry Saint said:

I'd have Naismith back, too. Just Googled him and he's only 26! I'd have guessed at 30 at least.

If Fraser leaves I'd expect we'd be in for Naismith.

When Naismith got injured at Hibs they signed Paul McGinn. Fraser came to us the following summer, and Naismith back to County. 

Fraser to Hibs, Naismith to us and McGinn to County anyone? 

54 minutes ago, Lex said:

How does Quaner - who’s been injured for most of the past year and is nowhere near match fit - get to the ball first from that position emoji28.png
Unreal pace from the 6’3 striker. Followed it up with an assist too.

Because Iacovitti is slow and shite.

7 minutes ago, glenburn bud said:

I’d rather not have Naismith back if Fraser goes, that boat has sailed and I’m not big on former players returning. Bar one or two exceptions it never seems to work for us.

I'd say that's more down to circumstances and the individual players; I'd judge each case on its merits and what the player can offer. Being the size of club we are, it's inevitable that we'll tend to have players on their way up, or on their way back down again. It therefore follows that the 'return' visit is likely to be disappointing. The exceptions are those where someone might have left at a young age and since turned into a better player - Paul McGinn, for example.

In Naismith's case, his injuries have obviously hampered his career. He was out for a long spell before leaving us, and has clearly wrecked his chances elsewhere. If he appears to be over it, I'd be happy to take him back. To be fair, if County stay up, he may not want to leave; he's always spoken very fondly of his time in the Highlands and that was obviously a factor in going back there.

He's only 26, so if his fitness is aceptable, and it appears to be, then I think there's enough reasons to try it.

21 hours ago, bunglebonce said:

White took his goal well, but otherwise was expertly marked by McCarthy. There were at least a handful of dangerous crosses where White was up against McCarthy at the far post but couldn't out-muscle his marker.

Mckay was County's best player by a mile. Constantly peeling away into the channels, dragging the St Mirren centre-backs into areas they'd rather not defend. He hasn't showed this kind of form since just before lockdown last March.

It's unfathomable that Mckay was taken off at 1-1 with Yogi trying to chase the win. Yogi brought on players better suited to counter-attack, squeezed them high up the pitch, lost control of midfield and got roasted on the break themselves.

Atrocious game management, not for the first time. I've lost all confidence in Yogi keeping County up.

This is how I've felt for a while. No doubting that County's problems run deeper than John Yogi Hughes but we're never going to adjust or sort these other issues with him at the helm. I honestly believe that the senior players/coaching staff could make a better go of it for these last couple of matches than continuing with JH.

Someone was asking about the triple/quadruple substitutions above. They happen almost every game because the initial team selection and tactics are usually that bad we need a total overhaul and chase the game. On Wednesday, we actually had probably our BEST 1st half performance under JH yet he still felt compelled to make a triple change. An absolute clown of a manager.

2 hours ago, glenburn bud said:

I’d rather not have Naismith back if Fraser goes, that boat has sailed and I’m not big on former players returning. Bar one or two exceptions it never seems to work for us.

Probably the right call. Though Naismith is still a good player, he's not quite been the same as in his first spell. Having an even worse defence around him hasn't helped but he's added crossing randomly from 35-40 yards out to his game instead of repeatedly marauding to the byline. He's incredibly hard to stop when he does that with his size, strength and pace, but I can only recall him doing it once against St. Mirren when he played a one two and went. I forget who the St. Mirren lad matching up to him was, but they had no chance. Other than that he was marshalled pretty well.

Edited by Comrie

13 hours ago, houston_bud said:

If Fraser leaves I'd expect we'd be in for Naismith.

When Naismith got injured at Hibs they signed Paul McGinn. Fraser came to us the following summer, and Naismith back to County. 

Fraser to Hibs, Naismith to us and McGinn to County anyone? 

Yay.  Smashing. 

1 hour ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

Would be delighted if we could get Jason back if Fraser were to move on. Another ex Saint and ex County is out of contract in the summer, also an ex cup winning team mate of Goody. Graham Carey, bring him home.

A relative of Jason said St Mirren tried to resign him twice, the first time he went on loan to Hibs then this time to RC.  Don’t know if Goodwin would go back a third time 

A relative of Jason said St Mirren tried to resign him twice, the first time he went on loan to Hibs then this time to RC.  Don’t know if Goodwin would go back a third time 
Maybe not then. Thankfully it looks like Fraser is about to sign a new deal with us.

33 minutes ago, WHU said:

I would be very surprised if we tried to sign him when he went back to RC as that was one of the areas we had plenty of cover with Fraser, Tait and Flynn all being very capable at RB.

I actually really feel for the RC fans, if there was any justice you guys would stay up and Accies would finally flush and the play offs would take Killie with them but unfortunately Yogi looks to be doing what he did at Raith, trying to force his vision onto a squad and then throwing them under the bus when it doesn’t work . 
The guy is a charlatan and you deserve better.

Edited by Torfason

I would be very surprised if we tried to sign him when he went back to RC as that was one of the areas we had plenty of cover with Fraser, Tait and Flynn all being very capable at RB.
I actually really feel for the RC fans, if there was any justice you guys would stay up and Accies would finally flush and the play offs would take Killie with them but unfortunately Yogi looks to be doing what he did at Raith, trying to force his vision onto a squad and then throwing them under the bus when it doesn’t work . 
The guy is a charlatan and you deserve better.
Yogi's post match interview midweek was akin to his Raith post match meltdown after the mauling we gave then in the Ross escape season. Not quite to that level but you can sense it building. He strikes me as a guy who really struggles to communicate with players. I'm not sure they seem to get what he's trying to get across. He seems permanently frustrated that players don't do what he wants but I assume the players don't actually know what he wants.