Ross County v St Mirren 21/4

2 minutes ago, welldaft said:

Well let’s face it.. It was not likely he was going to have to wait too long to get the chance of another penalty. I reckon the refs have a sweep or something going. 

Watch it on Sportscene/iplayer.BBC website...or all 3.

Hjelde practically caught the ball.

A very strong and intelligent performance.
Set up three chances, two of which led to goals.
Good to see the penalty king back to his usual. [emoji4]
Yep - made a big difference when he came on. Hopefully get to see the best of him now he is fit.

Special mention for Durmus. Outstanding tonight.

2 minutes ago, welldaft said:

Well let’s face it.. It was not likely he was going to have to wait too long to get the chance of another penalty. I reckon the refs have a sweep or something going. 

Thought it was a soft sending off tonight for the Accies.  I reckon the refs have a sweep or something going. 

Anyway,  great win and back up to 7th.

11 minutes ago, welldaft said:

No need, with the number of donkeys that play in defence for the teams below us.

Edited by FTOF

Will wait to see what state our lineup and subs bench is like first, but my gut instinct is telling me if County don't win tonight you'd be as well chucking it. No pressure lads.
Not to takeaway anything from a solid away performance by us, County were atrocious. Hitting bad form at the wrong time of the season.

Even if yous scrape 11th the play offs won't be easy. You's know this anyway.

Hughes was a risky appointment that has back fired.

We've beaten Celtic twice this season and we can't beat St Mirren. It's such a task watching us at all just now. Glad there's another 10 days before I have to put myself through it again (in the unlikely case I buy the game again)

The playoffs are just going to make this season longer and shiter, aren't they? Been a good few years since I've felt so disconnected with the team. Hopefully, we get a massive squad rejig in the summer and we can get a team we actually like seeing on the pitch next year.

44 minutes ago, Lex said:

Who needs enemies eh emoji28.png
FT 1-3
Safety assured and that’s us matched our best top flight points tally for over 30 years. With three games to go. And we’ve got another quarter final next week.... not bad
That’s quite a win. Going up the road with half a team, defenders starting in midfield and teenagers making their starting debut when we don’t have much to play for. Then still beating a team with everything to play for. Fantastic stuff.
Second half we were good and worth the win overall . Scored two very good goals, through Erwin and Durmus, McGrath got his late penalty and probably should have had four but for a good save from Laidlaw and McAllister rattling the post. Perhaps Quaner does have a part to play after all, he was brilliant when he came on and what an assist for Durmus. Can see him featuring in the quarter final.
We all knew Hughes was a hopeless manager, we seen it in action tonight. Both teams made changes around 65 minutes at 1-1. Bizarrely Yogi took off Mackay who was causing problems and Vigurs who i thought was having a decent game too. Those subs certainly made County worse, we put on Quaner and McAllister got better and went onto win the game. That was the difference between the teams. He was a truly bizarre appointment from Uncle Roy and County are in big trouble now.
As for us, this game was all about avoiding injuries and think we managed that. Three points just a welcome bonus. All eyes on Rugby Park on Monday now, both teams going into that one full of confidence.

Ok so I went full on Elvis but it worked out well in the end 🤣

White took his goal well, but otherwise was expertly marked by McCarthy. There were at least a handful of dangerous crosses where White was up against McCarthy at the far post but couldn't out-muscle his marker.

Mckay was County's best player by a mile. Constantly peeling away into the channels, dragging the St Mirren centre-backs into areas they'd rather not defend. He hasn't showed this kind of form since just before lockdown last March.

It's unfathomable that Mckay was taken off at 1-1 with Yogi trying to chase the win. Yogi brought on players better suited to counter-attack, squeezed them high up the pitch, lost control of midfield and got roasted on the break themselves.

Atrocious game management, not for the first time. I've lost all confidence in Yogi keeping County up.

2 hours ago, bunglebonce said:

White took his goal well, but otherwise was expertly marked by McCarthy. There were at least a handful of dangerous crosses where White was up against McCarthy at the far post but couldn't out-muscle his marker.

Mckay was County's best player by a mile. Constantly peeling away into the channels, dragging the St Mirren centre-backs into areas they'd rather not defend. He hasn't showed this kind of form since just before lockdown last March.

It's unfathomable that Mckay was taken off at 1-1 with Yogi trying to chase the win. Yogi brought on players better suited to counter-attack, squeezed them high up the pitch, lost control of midfield and got roasted on the break themselves.

Atrocious game management, not for the first time. I've lost all confidence in Yogi keeping County up.

Who would you guys like to see at the helm next season, given that Yogi probably won’t get the gig. Would you prefer a young manager like Goodwin or someone more experienced.

Can't see anything other than County in the playoffs now I'm afraid. 

I thought Hughes was a poor appointment when it happened, then after you got results against Hibs and Aberdeen I was eating my words. He's always been a bit feast or famine though, liable to spring a shock result but equally likely to be total dug meat. 

The subs were the difference last night, Quaner and McAllister both made a real impact when they came on, whereas County's subs had no impact at all. I was delighted when McKay was taken off. I wouldn't be disappointed to see him in Paisley should County go down. 

51 minutes ago, houston_bud said:

Can't see anything other than County in the playoffs now I'm afraid. 

I thought Hughes was a poor appointment when it happened, then after you got results against Hibs and Aberdeen I was eating my words. He's always been a bit feast or famine though, liable to spring a shock result but equally likely to be total dug meat. 

The subs were the difference last night, Quaner and McAllister both made a real impact when they came on, whereas County's subs had no impact at all. I was delighted when McKay was taken off. I wouldn't be disappointed to see him in Paisley should County go down. 

I'd have Naismith back, too. Just Googled him and he's only 26! I'd have guessed at 30 at least.

1 hour ago, houston_bud said:

I was delighted when McKay was taken off. I wouldn't be disappointed to see him in Paisley should County go down. 

Getting too old now. I don’t think Jim would sign him on that basis.

21 hours ago, MarkPockets said:

We've beaten Celtic twice this season and we can't beat St Mirren. It's such a task watching us at all just now. Glad there's another 10 days before I have to put myself through it again (in the unlikely case I buy the game again)

The playoffs are just going to make this season longer and shiter, aren't they? Been a good few years since I've felt so disconnected with the team. Hopefully, we get a massive squad rejig in the summer and we can get a team we actually like seeing on the pitch next year.

That pretty well sums it up. Any chance the Chairman browses through this thread? He should.

I thought first half county played quite well. But, as previously mentioned, the subs were baffling. I think I read somewhere he always likes to make a triple substitution? That makes no sense, especially with the game so evenly poised.

Was he hoping to play for the point? Maybe catch us on the break?

Not sure but after the subs there was only going to be one winner.

IMG_4969.jpg
How does Quaner - who’s been injured for most of the past year and is nowhere near match fit - get to the ball first from that position [emoji28]
Unreal pace from the 6’3 striker. Followed it up with an assist too.