Ross County v St Mirren 21/4

9 hours ago, elvis said:

You want a bet .

Against my own team, not really.

But I do think it's likely that JH's team selection & first half tactics, will hamper any chance County have of gaining a positive result from this match. Second half we'll make 4 substitutions and play more direct. It's what we do almost every week, it's horrible to watch.

Laidlaw 

Naismith 

hjelde

iacovitti

tremarco

draper 

paton

lakin

gardyne 

white 

McKay 

I think this is similar to what he will go with , don’t think there will be many changes from the killie game , st mirren don’t have much left to play for in the league surely we can grind out a positive result against them

17 hours ago, frankthetank22 said:

This has got 0-2 to St. Mirren, with a second team out, written all over it.

At least it's not going to be 0-4.   That's the only glimmer of hope I can take from this. 

18 minutes ago, frankthetank22 said:

14/15 year olds? Aye, that'll be enough to beat a Hughes' County team.

You guys feeling fairly downcast, then? 

How do you rate your chances of survival? I know it's hard to be objective - I'm usually full of woe at this time of year so I know what it's like. From the outside, Accies look nailed on for 12th to me, but it's ridiculously tight. Three points across the bottom three with four games to play has to be the closest it's been for a very long time, surely.

9 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

How do you rate your chances of survival? I know it's hard to be objective - I'm usually full of woe at this time of year so I know what it's like. From the outside, Accies look nailed on for 12th to me, but it's ridiculously tight. Three points across the bottom three with four games to play has to be the closest it's been for a very long time, surely.

Imo, if we survive it'll be as much through luck as any good management from JH. Again, imo, our squad is far better than what we've been getting out of them.

It's been well discussed by County fans on various threads in P&B, that players coming onto a bit of good form disappear from the starting line up without explanation. Oli Shaw was one of the form strikers in the division for a brief spell, he didn't lose form, Hughes just omitted him from the starting XI, he was fit enough for the bench every week though. The same goes for Hylton, just removed when looking good. Our central midfield is as soft as a wet fart, yet every week Ross Draper sits on the bench, I also believe he would protect our overworked central defenders if given a chance. There's more but I think that's enough to be going with for now.

We may just pick up enough points to stay above Killie and/or Accies but it'll be despite Hughes, not because of him.

1 hour ago, Coventry Saint said:

We are barely and I mean barely better than last season. There's so little optimism with our fan base at the moment.

1 hour ago, Coventry Saint said:

I would go on record as saying we are the funniest team to watch in the division, our defending and goals we concede are  laughable. 

We can score the odd goal and have 5 or 10 minutes per game where we look genuinely good but it's usually when Hughes realises he's got the starting 11 wrong... again.

If we don't go down the teams that finish below us should be liquidated.

7 minutes ago, Comrie said:

We are barely and I mean barely better than last season. There's so little optimism with our fan base at the moment.

Many of us have had that t-shirt it's a dark cloud of misery.  We have quite a few key players missing tomorrow from all over the park. Goodwin talking injuries from your neighbours.  Don't think any are long term they are having a rest before the cup game. Goodwin is hungry for the cup going by his interviews.  So your fans should be optimistic tomorrow.  

27 minutes ago, staggy1929 said:

I would go on record as saying we are the funniest team to watch in the division, our defending and goals we concede are  laughable. 

We can score the odd goal and have 5 or 10 minutes per game where we look genuinely good but it's usually when Hughes realises he's got the starting 11 wrong... again.

If we don't go down the teams that finish below us should be liquidated.

Honestly, I thought the Kilmarnock centre backs were scandalously bad.  Worse than ours.  It actually gave me optimism.  I fully expect to lose to St Mirren under 21s and have all that optimism burst.  

My main gripe is that Hughes "passing football" amounts to half a dozen passes between the keeper and the full back, before pumping the ball aimlessly.  It's one of the great myths of Scottish football.  That said, he does seem like a decent bloke.  

2 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Honestly, I thought the Kilmarnock centre backs were scandalously bad.  Worse than ours.  It actually gave me optimism.  I fully expect to lose to St Mirren under 21s and have all that optimism burst.  

My main gripe is that Hughes "passing football" amounts to half a dozen passes between the keeper and the full back, before pumping the ball aimlessly.  It's one of the great myths of Scottish football.  That said, he does seem like a decent bloke.  

Yeah Kilmarnock looked woefully bad at the back as well, but the thing is even in that game we still conceded two poor goals. 

Yeah Hughes having a total football approach doesn't seem like it's working, I don't even know if we have a 'brand of football' that we play. It kind of seem like we just get the ball to Naismith out wide and hope he does something/ Let Vigurs and Kelly play blind passes to the opposition.

Yeah I agree Hughes seems like a good guy, I can't see him being given the job off the back of this season. Surely Roy can see how flawed that would be.

1 minute ago, staggy1929 said:

Yeah Kilmarnock looked woefully bad at the back as well, but the thing is even in that game we still conceded two poor goals. 

Yeah Hughes having a total football approach doesn't seem like it's working, I don't even know if we have a 'brand of football' that we play. It kind of seem like we just get the ball to Naismith out wide and hope he does something/ Let Vigurs and Kelly play blind passes to the opposition.

Yeah I agree Hughes seems like a good guy, I can't see him being given the job off the back of this season. Surely Roy can see how flawed that would be.

I disagree. I think Hughes will be there next season whatever happens, purely because he's pals with the chairman.  I don't think Roy has the first clue about appointing managers, so just goes with his pals (or Derek Adams).  

Edited by Savage Henry

10 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

I disagree. I think Hughes will be there next season whatever happens, purely because he's pals with the chairman.  I don't think Roy has the first clue about appointing managers, so just goes with his pals (or Derek Adams).  

Yeah I've said to a few friends of mine that Roy should not be making the footballing decisions anymore. I think he might go for Neil McCann regardless of what division we're in because he's done well over the bridge.

6 minutes ago, staggy1929 said:

Yeah I've said to a few friends of mine that Roy should not be making the footballing decisions anymore. I think he might go for Neil McCann regardless of what division we're in because he's done well over the bridge.

Yup.  The club has gone without a scouting network since McIntyre left, and basically signed the same failed rent-a-players that get circulated around clubs of that size, or players from England who are happy to come up on trial.  The same with managers.  They could have gone a bit different, like Motherwell, but they went with a pal of the chairman.  If it isn't John Hughes, Neil McCann is a very likely candidate.  As is Derek Adams, I would imagine.  

Edited by Savage Henry

Reckon we will line up something like this ...

Alnwick

Tait, McCarthy, Shaughnessy

McPherson

Connolly, McGrath, McAllister, Mason

Durmus Erwin

Don't think we have any subs available.

Edited by NorthBank

17 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

Not sure about playing Durmus up front on his own, tbh.

Options are limited. I thought Ilky looked very good on Sat coming inside from the right and maybe would be successful playing more through the middle than out wide.  And I know you are having a dig at Erwin but he hasn't been all bad in his last couple of games. And we have little choice about team selection. It's a case of where do we play the players we have available.