Kilmarnock v St. Mirren, Monday 26/04/2021 19:45

2 minutes ago, Biscuits said:

We look a much better team when Erahon is prowling around that midfield. What an improved player he is.

I couldn't understand that double sub at the time we were chasing a goal but happy to say I was wrong.

Agree that JG doesn't seem to know his best team. Neither do I tbf.

I think we need to play with 12 men to cover all bases.

Erhahon needs to play every game - if it's at the expense of JDH to free up someone further up the park, so be it.

Congrats to St Mirren. Best of luck in the semis.

Poor show from Tommy Wright to moan about the ref / pen. He should be having a bit more class than that.

Hopefully we stay up (if Lafferty gets over this ankle thing we should be fine) and then bin most of these lot during the summer. The vast majority are out of contract anyway.

This is now a Colin Doyle hate account.

2 hours ago, Lurkst said:

When we won the cup in 1997 I remember saying "I don't care if we never win a Scottish Cup game again."

The last 24 years have severely tested that assertion though.

I said that in 2015 but I was absolutely ripping when we didn't show up in the 2019 semi against Hearts.

26 minutes ago, Sweet Pete said:

Congrats to St Mirren. Best of luck in the semis.

Poor show from Tommy Wright to moan about the ref / pen. He should be having a bit more class than that.

Hopefully we stay up (if Lafferty gets over this ankle thing we should be fine) and then bin most of these lot during the summer. The vast majority are out of contract anyway.

This is now a Colin Doyle hate account.

How did he ever play English Premier league and international football for a semi-decent nation?

The guy is a fucking potato.

Just now, Sweet Pete said:

Because life is a cruel farce.

You'd think on paper that signing a guy with so much championship experience would be a safe and steady signing. The fact he was stuck behind Zlamal and that Man Utd boy with the no hands at Tynecastle though, shows just how dreadful he is.

1 minute ago, djchapsticks said:

You'd think on paper that signing a guy with so much championship experience would be a safe and steady signing. The fact he was stuck behind Zlamal and that Man Utd boy with the no hands at Tynecastle though, shows just how dreadful he is.

He wasn't signed to be our first choice to be fair. He was signed to cover for our 2nd choice who had moved to 1st choice as our 1st choice got injured 45 minutes into his debut. Signed a teen on loan to be 1st, Rogers to be 2nd to him and then old wooden legs Doyle to cover for Rogers after he had to step into the gloves. A bad season for goalkeepers at fortress rugby pugby. Fingers crossed the league decide it would be fairer to just call the whole thing now and end it based on current league positions.

2 hours ago, deadasdillinger said:

If you disagree, feel free to name the year in which we had a better shot  

I disagree because you would've been the worst/weakest side left in the competition. As for better shot? Saints, ICT , Hibs etc have all won the competition in recent years why weren't these years just as good a year to have a good shot? 

22 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

I disagree because you would've been the worst/weakest side left in the competition. As for better shot? Saints, ICT , Hibs etc have all won the competition in recent years why weren't these years just as good a year to have a good shot? 

I agree we would have been the weakest side left in it. It would have been our first semi final since 1997, with Rangers, Celtic and Aberdeen all already out. If you can't see that that makes it our best shot, well I can't help you.

A no look penalty from Kyle, very ballsy move.

Touch of class from our captain who went to the Killie players first instead of joining in the celebrations.

Tough night for our defence, Shaughnessy in particular had a bit of a mare but he more than redeemed himself for his equaliser.

1 hour ago, djchapsticks said:

Erhahon needs to play every game - if it's at the expense of JDH to free up someone further up the park, so be it.

Would agree. I did think Erhahon needed a rest after our 20 games in Feb, but we certainly looked more solid when he came on. I think we look stronger when both play, but if it's a choice between the 2, then play the guy who will be here next season.

Ethan's inclusion allowed JDH to play further forward where he was significant. Remember it was JDH who was pulled down for the penalty. I would play JDH further forward in every game as his talent is wasted to some extent playing so deep.