Kilmarnock v St. Mirren, Monday 26/04/2021 19:45

3 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

As the cliche goes, though, at least he was shite for both teams. I certainly wasn't watching the game feeling we were getting hard done by, aside from the spell at 3-2 down.

What I will say is how pleased I was to see how overjoyed our players were at FT. You could forgive them for being a bit reticent to celebrate given there's nobody in the ground, but it clearly meant a lot to them and it warmed my still-pounding heart to see them all huddling up.

Also, Henderson is going to be a player. Incredible to see him going the full120 minutes and still being involved, showing for the ball etc as we chased a result in the depths of injury time..

Yeah, he was definitely shite for both teams, no denying that.

Agree about Henderson. I thought he was struggling a bit in the first half when we had the wrong shape, but once we brought on Erhahon and managed to keep the ball a bit more he really grew into it.

It would be nice for the semi if Jim could just get the team and shape right from the beginning. I still think he's not quite sure what his best team is.

6 minutes ago, GAD said:

Agree about Henderson. I thought he was struggling a bit in the first half when we had the wrong shape, but once we brought on Erhahon and managed to keep the ball a bit more he really grew into it.

It would be nice for the semi if Jim could just get the team and shape right from the beginning. I still think he's not quite sure what his best team is.

Yep. I could see the logic behind the double sub and I'm glad it paid off for Jim. Dennis wasn't even taking part in the game and looked well off the pace - we have to remember how little game time he's had. Once again worth noting that more strikers does not necessarily equal more attacking.

Re not knowing best team... completely agree. I guess you could argue - and I'm sure he would - that he takes a flexible approach depending on the games, but we so often don't quite get it right, it's reaching the point where I'm sure the chopping and changing can't be helping the players.

30 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

Yep. I could see the logic behind the double sub and I'm glad it paid off for Jim. Dennis wasn't even taking part in the game and looked well off the pace - we have to remember how little game time he's had. Once again worth noting that more strikers does not necessarily equal more attacking.

Re not knowing best team... completely agree. I guess you could argue - and I'm sure he would - that he takes a flexible approach depending on the games, but we so often don't quite get it right, it's reaching the point where I'm sure the chopping and changing can't be helping the players.

I think one of the issues with Dennis is that he's better as part of a front 2, but last night again showed that we really look like a team that needs an extra man in midfeild. So that means a three at the back and the problems that go with it. 

I actually thought Quaner looked decent last night. I think if he hadn't been injured all season he would have done well for us. Oh well.

Agree that Saints pen was soft but the Killie one was an absolute travesty, nothing will be made of the boy diving for it though.

Out of interest, does anyone know the average age of the 2 teams last night? Felt like Killie were an old, old team. Maybe unfair though.

17 minutes ago, GAD said:

I think one of the issues with Dennis is that he's better as part of a front 2, but last night again showed that we really look like a team that needs an extra man in midfeild. So that means a three at the back and the problems that go with it. 

Yeah, that's it in a nutshell. Very glad we weren't 3/5 at the back last night - it tends to give room for wingers and they were already giving us a torrid time with deliveries.

5 minutes ago, Abstract said:

Agree that Saints pen was soft but the Killie one was an absolute travesty, nothing will be made of the boy diving for it though.

Out of interest, does anyone know the average age of the 2 teams last night? Felt like Killie were an old, old team. Maybe unfair though.

Not sure about the average ages but Doyle certainly aged me last night, the utter clown that he is. 

Just now, Billy Jean King said:
3 minutes ago, ropy said:
Who was the Killie defender that didn’t clear the ball?  

Millen I think

He will have had a sleepless night, that result was down to him (regardless of previous antics from the keeper).

33 minutes ago, stevieKTID said:

Not sure about the average ages but Doyle certainly aged me last night, the utter clown that he is. 

That utter clown stopped yous losing in 90 minutes then again at 120.

1 minute ago, elvis said:

That utter clown stopped yous losing in 90 minutes then again at 120.

He literally chucked your first goal in and then gave away a penalty right at the end, so I'm going to need you to show your working here.

Just now, craigkillie said:

He literally chucked your first goal in and then gave away a penalty right at the end, so I'm going to need you to show your working here.

TBF, he made a couple great stops at the death from Shagnasty and Quaner, but they barely redeemed his earlier errors.

8 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

The saves from Quaner and Shaughnessy.

7 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

TBF, he made a couple great stops at the death from Shagnasty and Quaner, but they barely redeemed his earlier errors.

Those don't negate the errors which cost us two goals though.

We look a much better team when Erahon is prowling around that midfield. What an improved player he is.

I couldn't understand that double sub at the time we were chasing a goal but happy to say I was wrong.

Agree that JG doesn't seem to know his best team. Neither do I tbf.

I think we need to play with 12 men to cover all bases.