Kilmarnock v St. Mirren, Monday 26/04/2021 19:45

1 hour ago, Slenderman said:

Well done skunks.

Great entertainment.

When was the last time you soap dodgers made a semi?

Apart from when yer maw lifted her blouse?

8 hours ago, Dirty Sanchez said:

Also lost one at Stranraer in the Diddy Cup in '94 and another at Dunfermline in the League Cup during the D***e H*y season.

Cheers my memory isn’t as good as it could be but it looks like possibly only one in the last few years. 

Absolutely gutted waking up this morning. Our best chance of a Scottish cup since 97 and we totally blew it. How often are the Old Firm going to get papped out at this stage along with Aberdeen?

Fed up seeing the team sheets and having the absolute fear because Doyle starts, or Medley, or Power and Dicker, or Lafferty not being upfront, etc. There are too many liabilities throughout this terrible squad of players. 

Must admit, I thought we'd made a complete arse of that last night. The team and manager were, quite frankly, all over the place.

However we were playing a team who were equally all over the place and we had more composure in the end to see it over the line.

I still want to see us hit teams with more conviction. When they went down to 10 men we stuck with the same system that we had struggled to break them down with previously, but you saw the difference throwing Shaughnessey up front made after they'd scored the penalty - they couldn't get out their own half. Maybe shitfesting at this stage is good, as we can only improve.

What a cup tie, though, and what a tremendous weekend of entertainment from the competition. If any of the four teams can put together a wee run of form, the cup could be theirs. There really isn't much between a lot of teams in the Premiership this year and the results prove that.

49 minutes ago, deadasdillinger said:

Absolutely gutted waking up this morning. Our best chance of a Scottish cup since 97

30 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

923964867_giphy(44).gif.53e03533e0efe5cb35ab04529e327784.gif

24 minutes ago, Alert Mongoose said:

45F792CC-990C-4FD4-B050-C62496AF7C71.png

The 97 final was probably the last time Killie had odds that short to win the cup.

Classic stuff from Wright.
‘Its wasn’t a penalty we wuz robbed shocking decision from the ref etc’
Chick: ‘St Mirren were saying yours wasn’t a penalty either’
Wright ‘Well I haven’t seen that one back’

Re-watched the shoot out this morning. You get the impression Doyle is simply hoping someone misses the target rather than actually trying to save any of them. Madness.

I'm not sure I'd be saying this had we lost, but even including the hoaching defending and shocking ref, that was a very good game of football to watch.

I will never understand those Scots who hate Scottish football to the extent that they sit watching shite like Newcastle vs Burnely every other week.

Scottish fitba is off its nut and I absolutely love it.

2 minutes ago, Lex said:

Classic stuff from Wright.
‘Its wasn’t a penalty we wuz robbed shocking decision from the ref etc’
Chick: ‘St Mirren were saying yours wasn’t a penalty either’
Wright ‘Well I haven’t seen that one back’

Having seen them both again, I still think ours was more of a penalty. JDH does get to the ball first between the keeper and the defender, but it's hard to tell from the camera angle if the keeper plays the ball before taking him out. The Killie one just wasn't a penalty, though to be honest, on first viewing in real time, I'd have probably given it.

1 minute ago, Shuggie_Murray7 said:

I think it's pretty clear cut, there's not a chance either of them will be penalties.

However, nothing will happen to Robertson. He'll still be officiating in the Premiership somewhere this weekend.

He's a shite ref, no doubt. The way he walks about with that smug shit eating grin of his while doling out crap decision after crap decision makes it even worse.

4 minutes ago, GAD said:

He's a shite ref, no doubt. The way he walks about with that smug shit eating grin of his while doling out crap decision after crap decision makes it even worse.

As the cliche goes, though, at least he was shite for both teams. I certainly wasn't watching the game feeling we were getting hard done by, aside from the spell at 3-2 down.

What I will say is how pleased I was to see how overjoyed our players were at FT. You could forgive them for being a bit reticent to celebrate given there's nobody in the ground, but it clearly meant a lot to them and it warmed my still-pounding heart to see them all huddling up.

Also, Henderson is going to be a player. Incredible to see him going the full 120 minutes and still being involved, showing for the ball etc as we chased a result in the depths of injury time..

Edited by Coventry Saint