Sons of the Rock vs The Partick Thistle Revival Tuesday 20/04/2021

Fair play to anyone who's watched from a hill / over a fence etc this season, maybe im just turning into an ESL future fan but I think I'd rather watch online, Michael Max commentary and all. 

Have vague memories of watching us away at Meadowbank around 1990 through the fence with my dad and his mates skulling cans (think I was given the token can of Irn bru and bag of crisps) as you were so far away from the pitch in the stand you might as well have watched from outside. 

Anyway, despite the rapid run of games and a very high likelihood of Cove away coming up on Saturday I think we'll go with the same team, maybe only Cardle in for Gordon. 

We matched up terribly against Duffyball in the Firhill game and could have played out the game for the remaining 3/4 weeks of 2020 without scoring. The main difference in our favour now is the availability of Scott Tiffoney and Zak 'Cavani' Rudden allowing us to play a credible 4-4-2, rather than Graham + Murray with only Lyons and Gordon available to 'impact' the game from the bench.

I'm still roughly 100% sure that this will be a travesty of a game with no more than one goal scored either way, but it's probably the first game I've looked forward to this season which I suppose is what a few results does for you.

11 hours ago, AMMjag said:

We matched up terribly against Duffyball in the Firhill game and could have played out the game for the remaining 3/4 weeks of 2020 without scoring. The main difference in our favour now is the availability of Scott Tiffoney and Zak 'Cavani' Rudden allowing us to play a credible 4-4-2, rather than Graham + Murray with only Lyons and Gordon available to 'impact' the game from the bench.

I'm still roughly 100% sure that this will be a travesty of a game with no more than one goal scored either way, but it's probably the first game I've looked forward to this season which I suppose is what a few results does for you.

I actually thought we had a fair slice of luck and if it wasn’t for Kevin Dabrowski we would have lost by at a couple that day. You absolutely battered us for 90 minutes. I’d like to think that on our disgusting tattie field of a pitch we can limit you to less clear cut chances but I’ll be fully expecting you to dominate proceedings.

I’ll happily take a battling point to keep up our semi decent form (results wise) going into the split. 

I always have slight hope that the match preview will inspire some confidence but as usual it reads "Layne out injured" and today comes with the added negativity of Quitongo being doubtful. I suppose the plus is that Carswell is still out, so our midfield might actually work tonight. 

6 minutes ago, squeezeboxson said:

Just said exactly the same thing. If he uses an elbow with enough force to cause an injury like that then it's a red for me. Clumsy or not.

I’m nae expert on the rules, but I just assumed an elbow to the face, whether it was accidental or not, was considered dangerous/reckless play and warranted a red card. I mean the ref has clearly acknowledged he done it by dishing out a yellow. I may well be wrong of course but I’d have assumed that was a red.

Despite both teams creating little in the way of clear cut chances I’d say we’ve been the better team so far and have probably had more of the ball than Partick. 

Edited by Bring Back Paddy Flannery