Sons of the Rock vs The Partick Thistle Revival Tuesday 20/04/2021

1 minute ago, super-son said:

I didn't say it wasn't. I also said 4 weeks ago I'd rather he was gone.

But yes it is stupid shouting Duffy Out after a pretty good performance.

All is forgiven. He managed an average performance tonight. If you think that's good enough you're super league level of thick

Shitehousery, seething opposition and a solid if unspectacular away win at a key point in the season. Have I time travelled to McDiarmid Park in 2017? If so, can I stay here and give the next three years a miss?

Just now, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Jobbie McCall was pretty seething, for some bizarre reason.

I wondered about that. At one point he was shouting at someone up in the stand behind him.

Regardless of the whole seething chat, I’d be appalled if I was watching Duffyball every week. The ball was up in the air for the majority of the game, and I get that a poor pitch doesn’t help, but as far as quality of games is concerned that was a real low today. Really poor stuff from both teams for the most part.

Delighted that we showed some fight towards the end and continued our winning streak. Good luck to Dumbarton in the bottom half; hope you have enough about you to finish above 9th.

5 minutes ago, the snudge said:

Not calling him to go after that is stupid? Not calling for him to go 4 weeks ago is stupid.

I think you’d be hard pushed finding many Sons fans who are still backing Duffy (bar some of the usual loonys) but I certainly don’t think tonight’s performance is a stick to beat him with. Our tactics were working fine before we lost two key players to injury and a team, who are gunning for promotion, turned the screw in the second half. A draw would’ve been a bonus tonight IMHO. 

2 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

Regardless of the whole seething chat, I’d be appalled if I was watching Duffyball every week. 

We are. I've not heard one Sons fan call for him to stay beyond the summer. It should be telling that we're on here saying that was one of our more footballing performances. 

Another great result to continue our good form. Delighted for Zak to score again, the lad is on a fantastic run right now. Good for MacIver to get his first for the club as well. A great feeling to be top during this wild season. 
I thought Dumbarton were far better tonight than they were at Firhill, threatened us in the first half. We took control of the game in the second half and deservedly won the game. 

Have to give a shoutout to the Dumbarton commentators who I thought were the best I have heard all season. 

Don’t mess this up Thistle.

Thank You

Speaking of thick, are you suggesting that we sack our manager with only four games left to go which we play across the next two & a half weeks? With likely no replacement ready to go other than his current Assistant, even if we did appoint someone external at this stage how many sessions is he going to have to put across new ideas, I reckon 3 training sessions between now & the last game. So aye, seems a great idea.

All is forgiven. He managed an average performance tonight. If you think that's good enough you're super league level of thick

3 minutes ago, R&Y99 said:

Another great result to continue our good form. Delighted for Zak to score again, the lad is on a fantastic run right now. Good for MacIver to get his first for the club as well. A great feeling to be top during this wild season. 
I thought Dumbarton were far better tonight than they were at Firhill, threatened us in the first half. We took control of the game in the second half and deservedly won the game. 

Have to give a shoutout to the Dumbarton commentators who I thought were the best I have heard all season. 

Thank You

Aye who were the Dumbarton commentators tonight? They were excellent, not just commentating on the game but their overall football knowledge was superb. Well done.

26 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

I wondered about that. At one point he was shouting at someone up in the stand behind him.

Regardless of the whole seething chat, I’d be appalled if I was watching Duffyball every week. The ball was up in the air for the majority of the game, and I get that a poor pitch doesn’t help, but as far as quality of games is concerned that was a real low today. Really poor stuff from both teams for the most part.

Delighted that we showed some fight towards the end and continued our winning streak. Good luck to Dumbarton in the bottom half; hope you have enough about you to finish above 9th.

Believe me some of us are, and as for your verdict of poor stuff tonight, our gameplan for most of this season has been one of containment based on a pretty solid back five.  For 170 minutes this  season it worked against yourselves, and has also done against several other teams, but it cannot hold indefinitely.  And it is awful, truly awful to watch.

The equation is simple; if we cannot now find some goals then we won't stay up.  But whatever happens, I wouldn't bet against Jim Duffy still being in the dugout next season.  Seriously.

I'm not going to get into an argument with someone who is incapable of grasping something so simple.

If you want to sack Duffy with 4 games to go then fire away fruitcake.

35 minutes ago, TheChase said:

Speaking of thick, are you suggesting that we sack our manager with only four games left to go which we play across the next two & a half weeks? With likely no replacement ready to go other than his current Assistant, even if we did appoint someone external at this stage how many sessions is he going to have to put across new ideas, I reckon 3 training sessions between now & the last game. So aye, seems a great idea.

No we need to put up with this until this God awful season is finally over with. We should have punted him after the Forfar game. 

38 minutes ago, R&Y99 said:

Thank You

Totally agree. The two commentators were class and their knowledge of the Thistle players was tremendous!!

19 minutes ago, IR1970 said:

Poor game but I'll take the 3 points..better 2nd half performance....do Dumbarton always throw there 2 big centre halfs up for every free kick even if its deep inside there own half??

Play to our strengths and all that... shame we don't really have any. But our defence has been far superior to our attack this season so there may be some logic in it, somewhere.