Sons of the Rock vs The Partick Thistle Revival Tuesday 20/04/2021

I can recall little if anything of the 0-0 snooze-fest with Dumbarton in the first meeting this season. Was that one of the games with a BBG missed penalty? 

We are now in a better place to break down opponents and are playing with a genuine confidence on a consistent basis for the first time in what feels like years.

No idea if Dumbarton will be up for this to avoid the relegation playoff or even outright relegation.

Jagfox's prediction Dumbarton 0 Thistle 2

Edited by jagfox BLM

24 minutes ago, jagfox BLM said:

I an recall little if anything of the 0-0 snooze-fest with Dumbarton in the first meeting this season. Was that one of the games with a BBG missed penalty? 

Yes and missed a sitter from the rebound. It was also one of the many games where we just couldn’t score a goal, pretty sure we had another couple of good chances and just had no finish. 

Again, any win will be fine. I’d take 1-0 via a Sam Ramsbottom special right now.

I’d go with the same 11 as Montrose apart from Cardle in for Gordon. From what I can recall of the Dumbarton defence, they’re organised and will deal with long balls very easily. Fortunately, we seem to actually be able to move on the deck the ball fairly competently now, and Tiffoney’s pace should cause plenty of problems for them. Having more than one player capable of scoring goals is also a big help for us.

Just had a look, and Dumbarton have only scored 9 goals this season, so given our defence has looked solid recently, we should be ok on that front. Need to take the initiative and impose ourselves though.

What’s the stream like with Dumbarton? I assume it’s a pixellot effort? 

2 hours ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Again, any win will be fine. I’d take 1-0 via a Sam Ramsbottom special right now.

I’d go with the same 11 as Montrose apart from Cardle in for Gordon. From what I can recall of the Dumbarton defence, they’re organised and will deal with long balls very easily. Fortunately, we seem to actually be able to move on the deck the ball fairly competently now, and Tiffoney’s pace should cause plenty of problems for them. Having more than one player capable of scoring goals is also a big help for us.

Just had a look, and Dumbarton have only scored 9 goals this season, so given our defence has looked solid recently, we should be ok on that front. Need to take the initiative and impose ourselves though.

The stream was quite good in our recent win, apart from a spell where the camera did not feature the corner flag where we were running down the clock. Good commentary team . As to the game I think your analysis is right and Partick will win to set up a very interesting run in. Tuesday will see us all looking at other games .

5 hours ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

The commentators are the most handsome in the league. You can't see them, but you should take my word for that.

We should have put ourselves forward for a test event. We could easily fit our season ticket supporters in at 25% of the capacity. Rates for Covid in West Dunbartonshire are under 20 per 100k being positive after being tested.

Might take my bike down the rock tomorrow for a cycle, failing that I've a tree stump that needs a walk.