We'd have taken a point before the game, but on the balance of play that's two points dropped. If we'd taken Orsi off for Muirhead or Oliver after around 65 minutes when it was obvious he was done we might have got somewhere, but we were never scoring with no attacking focal point.

Play like we have in our last three games over the next two and we should stay up, but it's dependent on MacPherson abandoning his Orsi obsession.

17 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

I was just thinking that.  They really are.

How the Hell did they string all those wins together earlier on?

Premier league teams will be shitting themselves now after watching the mighty Hearts.

Very poor. 😡

Michael Stewart - "This Hearts squad is capable of a Top 6 finish next season"

[emoji38] [emoji38] [emoji38]

If they replace their manager and most of their players they’ve got an outside chance of staying up. Otherwise they’ll finish bottom, again.

Good solid performance tonight. We just lacked that clinical finish up front.

Can't fault our players for effort and we looked well organised.

Wee Gus will have to throw caution to the wind on Saturday and go for the win

4 minutes ago, Colkitto said:

Wee Gus will have to throw caution to the wind on Saturday and go for the win

Suspect he'd rather throw jobby at his couch. We'll see.

3 hours ago, Always Hearts said:

At the time of announcing it, it was thought that this was the game that Hearts would secure the title. However, Raith and Dundee both drew at home last weekend and that was that. I suppose the game is still of interest to Morton though so not totally without meaning. Can’t see Hearts being up for this at all. Probably a 0-0 for the cameras. 🙂

This guy knows what he’s talking about! 😁

So predictable - anyway, we’ll thankfully have half a new team next season. The sooner this season is over the better.

Good fighting performance by Morton. 

Did Gary MacKay-Steven actually touch the ball when he came on tonight - again! Been really poor every game since we’ve signed him.

I'm not claiming I wanted Robbie Muirhead on the pitch as he's still one of the worst I've ever seen at this level of football but let's just say I was extremely surprised to see Easdale coming on. I was equally baffled at McGrattan coming on against Motherwell. 

Decent point but I just can't see where the goals are going to come from in our final 2 games.

Edited by #Gary

54 minutes ago, The Ghost of B A R P said:

Frustrated we couldn’t get ourselves in front in the first half, but the point, if we can beat Alloa on Saturday, could turn out to be important.

It could, but wot a difference a win would’ve made for us. We now need more points from the last two games than Ayr get, or the same points as them but see a turnaround of six goals in our favour.  A week on Friday at Arbroath could be huge.

22 hours ago, Slenderman said:

Cappielow is glorious in the Sun.

It is, but other (and better) newspapers are available.

(Edited to add - going by the wee rid dots it would appear that both vt & Jamie M are Sun readers.  Probably got the habit when the Page Three girlies were still a thing.   Bless.    😜😁

Edited by Rudolph Hucker

We really should have taken three points from that.  Hearts hardly ever looked like scoring, and we had a number of chances that a decent striker would have taken - Orsi unlucky in the first minute but he seemed to contort himself to get a shot in with his right foot rather than using his left. He should have been hooked earlier and wtf was Mcpherson thinking about bringing on Easdale (who has a very weird running style btw)?  I would have thought Muirhead was the obvious choice or even McGuffie, who knows how to shoot.

The bottom end of the division is now quite complex.  Even Queen of the South could still be in the playoffs if they lose their last 2 games, which is not impossible as Ayr will be fighting to get out of trouble and Inverness are still after a promotion play off slot.  We need to get a point more than Ayr in the next 2 games unless they take a couple of heavy defeats to swing the goal difference, so a win for Queens against Ayr would suit us.  I actually think we have looked much better in the last two games, although still lacking a goal threat, but our midfielders should be able to push forwards more against Alloa and Arbroath.  Lyon has been playing well and he has made us more solid.

13 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

Michael Stewart - "This Hearts squad is capable of a Top 6 finish next season"

emoji38.png emoji38.png emoji38.png

He's presuming that the SPFL unexpectedly void the leagues this year to save Brechin and Celtic's 10iar and we don't get promoted.

Even then, I'm not so sure he's right.

14 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

I was just thinking that.  They really are.

How the Hell did they string all those wins together earlier on?

Teams thought we were going to be good and so went for broke on a free hit basis. Give players like Boyce enough space and he'll score, regardless of who crap the players surrounding him are.

Sadly for Hearts, after a round of fixtures everyone realised we were shit, with a manager with no tactical ideas except switch the two wingers, and bring Walker on in a panic after 60 minutes.

2 hours ago, lennyzer0 said:

He's presuming that the SPFL unexpectedly void the leagues this year to save Brechin and Celtic's 10iar and we don't get promoted.

Even then, I'm not so sure he's right.

He'd presuming the Hearts fans get their wish, the team refuse to lift the trophy, the SPFL charge them with bringing the game into disrepute and the title is revoked.