Ayr v Queens

28 minutes ago, qos_75 said:

I am sure there are two sides to every story, but at the end of the day who cares?  

If you dish out some verbals, you  expect to get some back. Probably all over in a minute or so, and everyone went on their way without much fuss.

Aye same, I've no problem with folk who are dishing out verbal to get some back in return. Just mentioned it because it seemed the QOS players acknowledged them more than their own players did. A quick clap or wave to them at the end to show their banner wasnt in vain would have sufficed 

1 minute ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Aye same, I've no problem with folk who are dishing out verbal to get some back in return. Just mentioned it because it seemed the QOS players acknowledged them more than their own players did. A quick clap or wave to them at the end to show their banner wasnt in vain would have sufficed 

A fair point.

4 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Qos players in being obsessed with Ayr shocker. This reminds  me about the time I was on a train with a queens fan and he told me that he took more satisfaction in Ayr losing than Queens winning.

Absolute bizarre behaviour. Where did this "rivalry" even start from? Maybe some sort of stand off over who can claim Rabbie Burns as their own 😂

Given that supporters aren't supposed to be at the grounds (whether we agree with that decision or not is irrelevant) it was the right thing that Ayr players didn't acknowledge them. You all know how much folk love to jump on footballers and football fans, and Ayr would have just opened themselves up to point scoring criticism.

1 minute ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Qos players in being obsessed with Ayr shocker. This reminds  me about the time I was on a train with a queens fan and he told me that he took more satisfaction in Ayr losing than Queens winning.

Odd.

I don’t know many Quens fans with a strong dislike of Ayr. Personally, I don’t mind Ayr or any other team in the league for that matter.

The wind ups that fans have with all other teams on here are great, but and the end of the day are mostly just that.

Did this "altercation" take place at the full-time whistle or after the players were changed and leaving as it apparently happened near the players' cars? Why did the Ayr "fans"  find it necessary to be anywhere near the players cars unless it was to be on the wind up in which case they were just being arseholes.

6 minutes ago, qos_75 said:

Odd.

I don’t know many Quens fans with a strong dislike of Ayr. Personally, I don’t mind Ayr or any other team in the league for that matter.

The wind ups that fans have with all other teams on here are great, but and the end of the day are mostly just that.

I suppose it makes sense when’s fans were heard singing Anti-Ayr songs during a Scottish cup tie at Pittodrie 

2 hours ago, ayrunitedfw said:

I suppose it makes sense when’s fans were heard singing Anti-Ayr songs during a Scottish cup tie at Pittodrie 

Not sure of the context, but other than at Ayr games I haven’t heard it sung. I have no reason to doubt your example though.

I should also add that when I hear somebody is a supporter of a club like Ayr or Queens, rather than the usual suspects, I have a lot more respect for them.

Edited by qos_75

Either:-

A. Didn't happen or

B. He was having you on he was a QoS fan.

Anyone taking more satisfaction in another team losing rather than their own team winning is OF behaviour and clearly not a "supporter" of a team. I hated Gretna, truly hated them. But I would still take greater pleasure in QoS winning than them losing.

12 minutes ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

Did this "altercation" take place at the full-time whistle or after the players were changed and leaving as it apparently happened near the players' cars? Why did the Ayr "fans"  find it necessary to be anywhere near the players cars unless it was to be on the wind up in which case they were just being arseholes.

Nah it was up at the fence where the lads were standing all game. QOS go up that way into their changing room and as they were walking up that's when Gibson and Dobbie received and gave pelters. Gibson said he'd basically square go them if they wanted to go round to his car. The lads went back home the way they came which is the opposite direction of where his car would have been 

Fans giving players pelters is by the by and I actually enjoy it when players give a bit back. I remember Kevin McKinlay getting pelters in a game we played against Stirling where Ayr fans were calling him “fat”, “lazy” all the usuals and he just lifted his shirt up and rubbed his belly. Similar with Harkins in the 5-0 drubbing we took down there.

However it’s all very Bobby Barr esq when they then start offering square goes to the fans just because they’re a bit thin skinned. Dobbie at least had the nature to give a bit of banter back.

2 hours ago, No_Problemo said:

I wonder how many square go’s Gibson has now offered this season... seems a decent total!

Haha. He does like to offer people out.

As much as I like Wullie, he does remind me of somebody I went to school with.

That didn’t end well for the prepubescent warrior, as he got his lights punched out by the first person to see through the bravado. 

A lesson learned and he is a good guy now. 

Edited by qos_75

42 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Aye... by a group of lads who were so drunk they probably just about remembered we were playing a team beginning in A.

1 minute ago, AUFC 1910 said:

Hilarious to think that players haven’t had interaction with fans for over a year, then when they come across a few, it’s square go’s all round - Scottish fitba, ye cannae beat it!

This is Scottish fitba and it should never change. You wouldn’t get this comedy in an European Super League.

It might not always feel like it, but this is what makes it more much more rewarding than supporting one of them. 

10 minutes ago, calcutta said:

Aye... by a group of lads who were so drunk they probably just about remembered we were playing a team beginning in A.

At least you are admitting to being involved in the #scenes