Ayr v Queens

I'm not watching but there doesn't seem to be much action happening in the Ayr defensive third going by live updates,  have we had any attacks at all? 
Dobbie had a half decent strike comfortably saved. Other than that we've offered nothing. Our only area of threat at this point looks like it'll come through the "past it" Dobbie.

28 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

If these charlatans are put under pressure by a banner and 5 fans then they should retire tomorrow.

I really don’t see the issue here.

Aye, because fans getting behind their team never helps.  If those idiots want to break lockdown rules, the least they could do is offer some positive support rather than embarrass the club.

But to be honest, I’d fully expect that kind of behaviour to get a few cheap claps on here.

Aye, because fans getting behind their team never helps.  If those idiots want to break lockdown rules, the least they could do is offer some positive support rather than embarrass the club.
But to be honest, I’d fully expect that kind of behaviour to get a few cheap claps on here.

As I said, the message will have zero effect anyway as the players will have heard the same thing from Hopkin. It’s not really embarrassing the club either is it?

Your last point is utter nonsense as well.

1 minute ago, D'Jaffo said:

As I said, the message will have zero effect anyway as the players will have heard the same thing from Hopkin. It’s not really embarrassing the club either is it?

Your last point is utter nonsense as well.

Truth hurts.

3 minutes ago, HMIP said:

Dearie me, what a state to get yourself in 

Absolute garbage as expected. Ayr are edging it and they are actually pretty bad. I say that because a semi-competent side would be at least 1 up here. We have a flooded midfield again who are doing their best to hide again. Absolutely nothing coming through them in an attacking sense and we look shaky defensively. A lot of long ball again that are being dealt with comfortably by the tall Ayr defence. Other than Dobbie's shot we offered nothing.

Whoever scores here is winning. I'll be gobsmacked if either side gets something after going 1 down.

5 minutes ago, HMIP said:

Positive support about what exactly, there's nothing to be positive about. 

All I saw on the banner was motivation 

First time I've seen the Ayr TV coverage.  Not keen on the low level angle and the commentary is a wee bit in advance of the TV which is annoying.  The lass doing the co-commentary has been decent, seems to know her stuff and is fair.  Thought Ayr had a good shout for handball from East there.  Pretty poor passing going forwards from Queens, mostly punt it and chase.  That said, we seemed to weather the pressure from Ayr half way through the half.  Ayr pressing well here.  Queens are going to need a goal at least I think to get something here.

Just now, THEHonestman1910 said:

Positive support about what exactly, there's nothing to be positive about. 

All I saw on the banner was motivation 

Aye, the wording on the banner was actually very good. Having a go at them while also asking them to be robe the fans wrong. 

We look like a team “going through the motions” and hoping that results elsewhere will bail us out. Arbroath showing the fight that we wish we could see from our players. Our survival still finely balanced as things stand - uncomfortable viewing unfortunately.

First half summary?

Two poor teams who struggle to string more than two passes together.   A ref who is oblivious to handballs (luckily for us).  The occasional flutter of goalmouth activity.  The inevitable Muirhead booking.  A QOS team totally devoid of tactics.  We've seen more Hollywood balls than Heidi Fleiss.  Buchanan still a liability - at least he's consistent.

Nuff said.

Edited by Slipmat

We'll have to offer more in the second half.  Maybe try Fitzpatrick for East - I know Fitzpatrick can hide for periods, but when he's in the mood he's capable of doing something special.  Also, I'd swap Dobbie for Jones around 60 mins - but AJ won't, will he?

4 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Do you make a point of constantly getting yourself into a state on here or does it just happen by accident?

That’s funny coming from the guy who spent weeks happy clapping and talking down to anyone who raised concerns about Kerr and where he was taking us.  Then suddenly realised at about quarter past 4 against Arbroath that maybe they had had a point.  And has spent weeks since having one meltdown after another about how bad we are.

2 minutes ago, Otis Blue said:

We'll have to offer more in the second half.  Maybe try Fitzpatrick for East - I know Fitzpatrick can hide for periods, but when he's in the mood he's capable of doing something special.  Also, I'd swap Dobbie for Jones around 60 mins - but AJ won't, will he?

I'll get it by with now if Fitzpatrick comes on......... Booooooooooo!