Ayr v Queens

6 hours ago, HeathrowAUFC said:

Get Baird binned. Muirhead & Ndaba as the 2 centre halfs please. Happy to lose Aero from midfield as we need more creativity and we need to score, probably more than one.

Would agree with all of this. I expect it won't make any difference but we need to have a go here. Setting up to shell long balls and shitfest a draw is not going to be enough.

7 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

Would agree with all of this. I expect it won't make any difference but we need to have a go here. Setting up to shell long balls and shitfest a draw is not going to be enough.

Probably will be how we set up though.  It's very depressing to think that seeing any of McCowan Walsh or Moffat in the starting XI, all of whom COULD provide the wee bit of creativity we need will be pretty much a waste of a jersey in reality as the style of football makes them all worse than useless 

1 minute ago, Hursty said:

Probably will be how we set up though.  It's very depressing to think that seeing any of McCowan Walsh or Moffat in the starting XI, all of whom COULD provide the wee bit of creativity we need will be pretty much a waste of a jersey in reality as the style of football makes them all worse than useless 

Yup, the only thing that might make me think we won’t get hammered is if I see the team and it includes Walsh, McCowan and Moffat with Muirhead and Ndaba at centre half. Get the ball into Moffat’s feet and let him create, which we know he is excellent at. 

As you say though, the ball would just be punted above his head. 

25 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

16 minutes ago, Hursty said:

You wonder what Dave Smith saw or heard at the interview that made Hopkin the "best" choice? Can just imagine Hopkin saying "aye Dave we'll lump long balls up to Moff to strike straight at the keeper". Eye bleeding style of play 

I'd hope Walsh will get a start on Sarurday. Moff I've long gave up on 

56 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

You wonder what Dave Smith saw or heard at the interview that made Hopkin the "best" choice?

"Championship Winners 2017-18", beginning and end of conversation. Brian Clough's observations about what owners know about football remains accurate.

Edited by Thumper

11 hours ago, Thereisalight.. said:

You wonder what Dave Smith saw or heard at the interview that made Hopkin the "best" choice? Can just imagine Hopkin saying "aye Dave we'll lump long balls up to Moff to strike straight at the keeper". Eye bleeding style of play 

I'd hope Walsh will get a start on Sarurday. Moff I've long gave up on 

I don’t see why we would give up on Moff tbh. I can barely think of a game this season we have played to his strengths. It was largely hoofball under Kerr too, just not quite to the same extent. 

I don’t see why we would give up on Moff tbh. I can barely think of a game this season we have played to his strengths. It was largely hoofball under Kerr too, just not quite to the same extent. 
Yeah that's exactly right.
Our best half in the league recently was away to Morton and when Moff came on we were playing the ball on the deck and up the wings. Of course we still had Cammy Smith then but Moff and McCowan up front would work.

52 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Moff's best bit of work this season came off the back of a hoof where he ran into space, hoofing isn't the problem it's how we do it. 

As you say, there really isn’t anything wrong with mixing it up. Moff can come short and get in behind, depending on how high a line is played. We don’t do that though, it’s just aimless punting. 

Moff's best bit of work this season came off the back of a hoof where he ran into space, hoofing isn't the problem it's how we do it. 

Aye

I presumed when you said ages ago about Hopkin shouting “play” and then getting raging at his players it was more to do with where they were punting the ball to and not the fact they were just blindly playing it long.

45 minutes ago, Lochwood said:

Got to be a 3 -5-1  1

Baird. Muirhead. Ndabba

Houston Miller  Walsh. Chalmers. Reading

moffat

Mccowan

ball must be played to feet

Like it or not we've got to get Muirhead into midfield and due to the lack of anybody else, Wright up top with Walsh and McCowan playing off him when he's held it up. Moffat coming on to do the same job as well as the game progresses. 

Tomorrow's game has the feeling for me of two cars bumping into each other on a roundabout, you know you shouldn't slow down to look for any damage but you still do it. 

3 hours ago, No_Problemo said:

Moff has been piss poor the last 2 seasons. His goalscoring rate in those 2 seasons for an attack minded player is shocking

7 minutes ago, Pick that one out Marshall said:

Corrie Ndaba misses out with a knock picked up in last weeks game at Arbroath

That is one hell of a blow.

Someone is playing a sick joke on us.

24 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Moff has been piss poor the last 2 seasons. His goalscoring rate in those 2 seasons for an attack minded player is shocking

He isn’t a goal scoring forward, and he certainly wasn’t rubbish last season. He was fantastic at the start of the season when we actually played to his strengths. 

Imagine we line up with Baird and Roscoe at centre half 😂😂😂

Edited by No_Problemo