Ayr v Queens

Guest Flash
17 hours ago, Rjc-1988 said:

I remember that match vividly - a great crowd and destiny in our own hands. We barely strung two passes together and were comprehensively outplayed by a very very ordinary Thistle side. I think we probably need to restore some of the less heralded “battlers” into the fray for Somerset. We started today’s match at a walking pace with no urgency, drive or real enthusiasm and we all know what happens when we lose the first goal.

We’ve lost the first goal in 25 league games since Johnston came back. W2 D1 L22, 7 points out of 75.

7 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

Nah, nothing sweeter than helping relegate your derby rivals.

are you relegating Annan? because the only thing that Ayr and Dumfries share is that they're infested with fucking Tories.

are you relegating Annan? because the only thing that Ayr and Dumfries share is that they're infested with fucking Tories.
There’s your 1st nibble [emoji23]
Nearly enough for a nice bouillabaisse.

Queen of the South win, Connor Shields at anytime. Just need to watch the Arbroath highlights to see how bad we've become. 
With his pace we're absolutely in danger of a hiding here. 

Edited by Hawk89

16 minutes ago, Hawk89 said:

Queen of the South win, Connor Shields at anytime. Just need to watch the Arbroath highlights to see how bad we've become. 

Muirhead will have Ayr right up for this with it being Queens .

Teams now fall back no room for the likes of Sheilds to run iinto our threat with pace has now gone hence the reason we are now struggling to score goals we don't have a plan B .

Ayr  will win the physical battle and we will always concede  goals with our weak defence everything pointing towards a Ayr win 

Just now, Northfield 53 said:

Muirhead will have Ayr right up for this with it being Queens .

Teams now fall back no room for the likes of Sheilds to run iinto our threat with pace has now gone hence the reason we are now struggling to score goals we don't have a plan B .

Ayr  will win the physical battle and we will always concede  goals with our weak defence everything pointing towards a Ayr win 

Would highly recommend you watch the Arbroath highlights then comeback on the point about us being up for anything and winning any physical battles. You would need players to actually be involved in the game for physical battles to take place. We really aren't exaggerating at how bad we are, and will be having the same conversation with Inverness fans next week. 

Muirhead will likely blow his top in this game given it is against Queens and he's been doing well to keep a lid on it so far. He's one of the very few that still care, Luke McCowan will be another. 

Guest Flash
2 hours ago, Hawk89 said:

Shields has scored 2 goals in 7 league games since he came back from injury (2 in 8 if the Cup is included). He isn’t as much of a threat as he was in the middle third of games.
After playing the same 7 teams we had 14 points in the middle third. This time round we have 7. Much closer to the form we showed in the first third when we had 4 points. And the 7 were earned when the players thought they were playing for 4th. Now that has gone, their motivation will have diminished. 
Also, Alloa aren’t very good - they have won 2 out of their last 17 league games - both against Queens. Teams don’t necessarily need to be all that good to beat us, especially now.
I totally get that Ayr are struggling at the moment.  But I think you might be surprised how little there is between the two teams. The form of both teams over the last 6 games is very similar and both have conceded 12 goals in that time. Ayr’s win in the last 6 games came before Hopkin arrived (I think) but our win came before we’d no chance of 4th. This could end up being a game between two sets of players who are all thinking about their holidays. I could be totally wrong, but really don’t think there is any danger of Ayr getting a hiding.

Shields has scored 2 goals in 7 league games since he came back from injury (2 in 8 if the Cup is included). He isn’t as much of a threat as he was in the middle third of games.
After playing the same 7 teams we had 14 points in the middle third. This time round we have 7. Much closer to the form we showed in the first third when we had 4 points. And the 7 were earned when the players thought they were playing for 4th. Now that has gone, their motivation will have diminished. 
Also, Alloa aren’t very good - they have won 2 out of their last 17 league games - both against Queens. Teams don’t necessarily need to be all that good to beat us, especially now.
I totally get that Ayr are struggling at the moment.  But I think you might be surprised how little there is between the two teams. The form of both teams over the last 6 games is very similar and both have conceded 12 goals in that time. Ayr’s win in the last 6 games came before Hopkin arrived (I think) but our win came before we’d no chance of 4th. This could end up being a game between two sets of players who are all thinking about their holidays. I could be totally wrong, but really don’t think there is any danger of Ayr getting a hiding.
I just shudder thinking about Shields and Jones pressing their afterburners buttons and leaving our dweebs chewing dust for 90mins.

The morale of both supports being mirrored in the respective confidence of both teams currently. Save yourself 4 pages of reading it goes along the lines of: "we're shitter than you., no we're shitter than you."

And apply this to our last 6 match threads (Arbroath apart - they knew they were going to win).

The morale of both supports being mirrored in the respective confidence of both teams currently. Save yourself 4 pages of reading it goes along the lines of: "we're shitter than you., no we're shitter than you."
I don't doubt Ayr are shitter than us. The table doesn't lie. The fact of the matter though is that we have a fantastic record of gifting shite teams a win. We must be the best side to play when a team is down on their luck. Go and have a look at our last two match threads and you'll see the opposition saying the exact same stuff Ayr fans are saying in here.

You can have the title of being the shitter of the two sides. But if you could pick one side to play right now it would be QoS as we absolutely love blowing these type of games.

I take it you mean with regards to Saturday's match and this isn't a sweeping statement generally? If so you're bang on with everything you've said. 
In regards to how things stand before kick-off aye.

It doesn't matter how poor your central midfield is we won't pressure them,  we like to give the opposition acres of room to build attacks,  defend on our 18 yard line and if we're lucky,  win the ball and shell it up to your central defenders to knock it right back at us.  IF we can somehow manage to play on the deck and IF our passing isn't bad bad as it had been for the last two games and IF we get Shields,  Mbude and Jones involved then we should be coming home with at least a point. It would be nice to start at high tempo,  pressing further up the pitch,  not sleepwalking through the opening period. 

Edit to add: . Is the stream still as bad as recent reports suggest? 

Edited by Fae_the_'briggs

You are presuming our central midfield actually tries to play football. It consists of Muirhead trying to win the ball and if he is successful the ball is then launched in the general direction of the opposition goal for everyone to chase. Long gone are the days of trying to emulate Barca by keeping the ball for 5-10 minutes at a time by passing it around the midfield and backs.
There are a couple of other nominal central midfielders on the teamsheet but I'm not sure what they do or are supposed to be doing.