Ayr v Queens

1 minute ago, BukyOHare said:

Will buy the stream more in hope than expectation. 

Its like going to the cinema for any of the Rocky films after the first two. You know you shouldn't but you do it anyway. 

Its the hope that kills you. 

Could do with Rocky knocking some sense into these players. 

9 minutes ago, THEHonestman1910 said:

Pointless doing a starting 11 with this mob. You could pluck 11 people on here and they'll have about as much chance of winning. 

They'd certainly show more backbone, hunger, desire and workrate. 

Probably wouldn't score more goals though but we could sh!tfest a 0-0 for definite. 

3 minutes ago, Roxanne's man said:

Could do with Rocky knocking some sense into these players. 

Aero did that in the dressing room. The majority wouldnt have the heart to fight back, unless you took away their hairgel, headphones or designer toilet bags. 

Total charlatans. 

Edited by BukyOHare

The game is a whole week away and I'm already getting annoyed thinking about the absolute inevitability that we will be a couple of goals down by half time and showing absolutely nothing once again.   Brutal and predictable stuff.  

10 minutes ago, BukyOHare said:

unless you took away their hairgel, headphones or designer toilet bags. 

Oh aye, like they have any vanity or dignity after that performance 😂. I wouldn't be showing my face in public again. 

Honestly, the best thing about this season was the Away shirt reveal, nothing good has happened since 🙄

Just now, Rodders1910 said:
1 hour ago, BukyOHare said:
Will buy the stream more in hope than expectation. 
Its like going to the cinema for any of the Rocky films after the first two. You know you shouldn't but you do it anyway. 
Its the hope that kills you. 

Rocky 3 and 4 were belters

On paper perhaps, along with Tom Walsh and Dario Zanatta. 

The fact that we're still shipping goals as we've done all season, but have now stopped scoring them.
I don't trust us to dig out a result when necessary like this.  Reminiscent of when we faced Partick Thistle in the final game two years ago and crumpled.

I remember that match vividly - a great crowd and destiny in our own hands. We barely strung two passes together and were comprehensively outplayed by a very very ordinary Thistle side. I think we probably need to restore some of the less heralded “battlers” into the fray for Somerset. We started today’s match at a walking pace with no urgency, drive or real enthusiasm and we all know what happens when we lose the first goal.

2 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Two crap sides, but the stakes are potentially high.

I'd honestly see Ayr as favourites for this.

You wouldn't if you had seen us today, or against Clyde, or... against most teams this season.   Lack of organisation, confidence, team spirit, professionalism, management.  Arbroath could have had 6 or 7 today without us having a decent shot. We looked like we could have played for days without scoring against a Clyde side that had travelled all over Scotland that week to play.   We were bad under Kerr and just as bad now..

Edited by stevep56

22 minutes ago, Rjc-1988 said:

I remember that match vividly - a great crowd and destiny in our own hands. We barely strung two passes together and were comprehensively outplayed by a very very ordinary Thistle side. 

Yes, that result, alongside the deplorable nature of the performance, rightly sealed Naysmith's fate.

I don't suppose that option really exists for us this time, given recent events.

Something like this will do me: attempting to fit in actual football players with those that might bother trying. Anyone truly horrific is gone. 

Unfortunately I managed this for the defence, but went to shit when I got into central midfield. I would maybe play Houston and move Miller into midfield for Barjonas, who was utterly rancid today. 

Shite Keeper

Miller             Muirhead      Ndaba        Reading 

Murdoch Barjonas Chalmers 

McCowan                                         Walsh 

Moffat 

2 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Genuine question:  How bad is Ayr's form?  Obviously, today was pretty desperate, but what's the story over the last 5 or 6 games?

In the last six, (including the cup) we have only won once - against Elgin in the cup. Two awful performances with two draws against Dunfermline and Alloa. The rest all defeats, the highlight being losing at Clyde to home who had played on the Thursday night too.