The Blue Brazil v The Binos

1 hour ago, Cowden316 said:

The whole unprecedented circumstances of this season hasn't helped and the impact of the start stop season has also impacted. 

Bollan for me has the experience and knowledge at this level and yes he certainly isn't getting some things right just now but surely with fingers crossed we end the season safely then he is given another first proper season. We were doing well remember last season in 4th. 

When you say potential manager who decides and assesses that potential we have been down that road before and look where it has landed us. 

Experience in these leagues I believe is what is required for now my personal preference certainly wouldn't be gambling with up and coming potential managers whilst in league two with no experience unless they were bringing in an experienced backroom team maybe in League One but not for me with the pyramid below. Just my opinion but I appreciate sometimes you have to take risks and if you are fortunate enough to get a Mixu then great but a risk and a higher risk in this league. 

In regards to today's result the less said about that the better, and move forward to Tuesdays crucial game. 

Key is pulling together and a huge reaction on Tuesday and dust down from today's poor result. 

We go Tuesday 

It's not a Mixu we need it's a Markus.

1 hour ago, andrew21 said:

Cowdenbeath's form was poor before the league was halted last season with only two wins in last nine matches against bottom teams Brechin City and Albion Rovers. More than likely Queens Park and Stirling Albion would have overtaken them before end of the season. 

Or we could have overcome that bad run of form but we were still fourth at the time. Who knows and we will never know. 

Edited by Cowden316

4 hours ago, PELE said:

We need a threat upfront to take some of the pressure off the rest of the team. If we did have a threat upfront, we wouldn't be so bad and we are not safe yet. The win against Elgin made a huge difference though. 

The problem we have, and it's not a new one, is money. We struggle to compete with the rest of the league and the teams at the top of the Lowland League. The people behind the scenes do an amazing job and they are the only reason we still exist. So, unless someone appears with wads of cash, we will likely stay at this level. Our aim is to attract a manager with potential who is beginning their management career and together with some shrewd signings hopefully make us challengers.

You are spot on.

In general football is a numbers game, with exceptions from time to time.

Its no coincidence that Brechin, Cowden, Albion and Annan are at the bottom of the bottom league. 4 of the smallest supported teams in the SPFL.

Its really the board that keep the club going with help from a small band of fans. It’s the rest of the areas population that hold the club back with their lack of interest, coupled with the facilities being atrocious. 
If Kelty were to come up it may ignite some interest with the derbies especially attracting a crowd, which would help a little in the short term.

Need to guarantee safety first though.

I don’t think it’s the time to be getting on Gary Bollans back.

Although he appears to be an angry, dour man half the time, he definitely steadied and improved a sinking ship.

Just now is no time for negativity, it’s a time to get ensure safety then think about those type of things after. 

47 minutes ago, big al said:

Although he appears to be an angry, dour man half the time, he definitely steadied and improved a sinking ship.

Just now is no time for negativity, it’s a time to get ensure safety then think about those type of things after. 

Yup, It would be really stupid to change the manager under current circumstances. The board wouldn’t do it anyway.  I’m sure things will be reappraised for next season. 

The priority is to finish above Brechin. Much rather be in our position than theirs at this moment in time. 

2 hours ago, big al said:

Looked “shell -shocked” in the after match interview. Hopefully he can get it sorted before Tuesday. 

Just to confirm I wasn't saying that Bollan should leave now.  That would be madness.

I just don't want him next season even if we win the final 5 matches as the football is atrocious to watch.

1 hour ago, andrew21 said:

A post on Cowdenbeath facebook page suggested the manager received a red card after the game, is this true?

Yeah he was over doing his usual chatting to the referee after the game. 

The penalty decision was a joke as far as I could see but I'm  not sure why over an hour later he is still moaning about it.

Good for you. Hope you are really happy.

Thanks that’s a nice thing to say, and I am, I love my life.

We've kissed a lot of frogs since Alan Moore left.

That’s true, we have, but at least Jocky Scott was the only sour, greeting faced appointment and he wasn’t around for long.

1 hour ago, BB_Bino said:

Thanks that’s a nice thing to say, and I am, I love my life.

That’s true, we have, but at least Jocky Scott was the only sour, greeting faced appointment and he wasn’t around for long.

Aye, but not many princes have put in an appearance.