The Blue Brazil v The Binos

Next game for us is a trip to Central Park Cowdenbeath.

After the disappointing result on Tuesday night coupled with Stranraer beating Stenny yesterday, they are only a point behind us but we have a game in hand, so a win for us would guarantee us 3rd spot in the top 5.

Let’s hope we put a better performance in than Tuesday night. We will have Andy Ryan back after suspension and that’s a good sign.

Prediction going to stick my neck out her for a Binos win by the odd goal. [emoji3]

6 minutes ago, rhliston said:

Next game for us is a trip to Central Park Cowdenbeath.

After the disappointing result on Tuesday night coupled with Stranraer beating Stenny yesterday, they are only a point behind us but we have a game in hand, so a win for us would guarantee us 3rd spot in the top 5.

Let’s hope we put a better performance in than Tuesday night. We will have Andy Ryan back after suspension and that’s a good sign.

Prediction going to stick my neck out her for a Binos win by the odd goal. emoji3.png

With the trouble we're having getting goals, that'll have to be 1-0 then.

1 hour ago, AlbionMan said:

We struggle to score a goal every two matches. In fact, we have only managed 1 in the last 5 matches. You have probably scored more goals than we have had shots on goal.

Based on that, it will be a 3-3 goal fest!

Play like we did against Elgin will be more than enough.
100 percent would be great to see to see us play like we did against elgin and even how we played against albion rovers on Tuesday. Would be a bonus if we were to get two or three as well. I'm definitely asking too much now though!

This is the first match I've seen since it restarted. 

This is dreadful. Firstly credit to Stirling who have been excellent.  Defensively though we've been an utter shambles. Finnie looks awful. The two Kyle's in midfield were a shambles and Buchanan does as he always does - runs 5 yards and loses possession. 

I can't take any positives from this. Shambolic and I hope this is the last time I have to watch a Bollan managed Cowden side. 

20 minutes ago, The Minertaur said:

This is the first match I've seen since it restarted. 

This is dreadful. Firstly credit to Stirling who have been excellent.  Defensively though we've been an utter shambles. Finnie looks awful. The two Kyle's in midfield were a shambles and Buchanan does as he always does - runs 5 yards and loses possession. 

I can't take any positives from this. Shambolic and I hope this is the last time I have to watch a Bollan managed Cowden side. 

Yeah. Bollan waits until we concede 4 or 5 before making any subs. Top tactics.

Great result today did not expect that after Tuesday night, we now face Edinburgh City at home on Tuesday night let’s hope we can carry on from where we left off today and get the win which would place us in 2nd spot for the spilt.

23 hours ago, AlbionMan said:

Delighted to be wrong, and for the first time since the restart were putting away chances. It'll be a harder challenge on Tuesday even though Edinburgh are the only team in the top 5 we've beaten this season. 

Yikes!!!Stirling were impressive but had plenty of help from us. Our normally rock solid centre backs found Ryan's pace and movement and Mackin's er non pace and non movement difficult to handle.  I can't for the life of me see why Buchanan is in the team every week. Oh, and the ref was honking as well

Never felt so down after a Cowden game. Not because we lost, again, but I really cannot see us winning another game. Finnie offers nothing, not even his long throw has produced anything. Buchanan is a shadow of the player he was a couple of seasons ago. Miller can’t pass a ball more than a few feet. No one can cross a ball or shoot. We really are in big trouble.

Yes, the ref was poor but that was the same for both teams.

A complete overhaul needed at Cowden. No leadership on the pitch - aside from Craig Barr, who has no competition in the Player of the Season nominations - and no direction or different ideas from the sidelines.

I only started watching the team a few months before that miraculous relegation escape against Cove, and the side that survived that season is far more superior to this, which I suppose is saying something after such a shite season that time around.

As I see it, the board is in a near no-lose situation now. Say goodbye to the manager and the majority of players, and bring a new man in with new ideas and a completely new team. If it continues like it has then I fear Cowden will drop out of the league in the next couple of years. If the board seeks change, maybe there might be a better chance of maintaining that long-held league status for a little bit longer.

All effort must be made to help Cowdenbeath FC preserve its league status over the next couple of years. And if complete change offers the best hope of providing that then it must be taken sooner rather than later.

We need a threat upfront to take some of the pressure off the rest of the team. If we did have a threat upfront, we wouldn't be so bad and we are not safe yet. The win against Elgin made a huge difference though. 

The problem we have, and it's not a new one, is money. We struggle to compete with the rest of the league and the teams at the top of the Lowland League. The people behind the scenes do an amazing job and they are the only reason we still exist. So, unless someone appears with wads of cash, we will likely stay at this level. Our aim is to attract a manager with potential who is beginning their management career and together with some shrewd signings hopefully make us challengers.

24 minutes ago, PELE said:

We need a threat upfront to take some of the pressure off the rest of the team. If we did have a threat upfront, we wouldn't be so bad and we are not safe yet. The win against Elgin made a huge difference though. 

The problem we have, and it's not a new one, is money. We struggle to compete with the rest of the league and the teams at the top of the Lowland League. The people behind the scenes do an amazing job and they are the only reason we still exist. So, unless someone appears with wads of cash, we will likely stay at this level. Our aim is to attract a manager with potential who is beginning their management career and together with some shrewd signings hopefully make us challengers.

The whole unprecedented circumstances of this season hasn't helped and the impact of the start stop season has also impacted. 

Bollan for me has the experience and knowledge at this level and yes he certainly isn't getting some things right just now but surely with fingers crossed we end the season safely then he is given another first proper season. We were doing well remember last season in 4th. 

When you say potential manager who decides and assesses that potential we have been down that road before and look where it has landed us. 

Experience in these leagues I believe is what is required for now my personal preference certainly wouldn't be gambling with up and coming potential managers whilst in league two with no experience unless they were bringing in an experienced backroom team maybe in League One but not for me with the pyramid below. Just my opinion but I appreciate sometimes you have to take risks and if you are fortunate enough to get a Mixu then great but a risk and a higher risk in this league. 

In regards to today's result the less said about that the better, and move forward to Tuesdays crucial game. 

Key is pulling together and a huge reaction on Tuesday and dust down from today's poor result. 

We go Tuesday 

Edited by Cowden316