Edinburgh City v Queen's Park

First 45 we were really good second 45 we were under a bit of pressure...great to get the three points and also great to see the way the whole team celebrated. Looking forward to Tuesday then relaxing for the rest of the season.....reckon we will be bringing in 8 new players...exciting times to be a Queens Park supporter

7 minutes ago, bobthespider said:

First 45 we were really good second 45 we were under a bit of pressure...great to get the three points and also great to see the way the whole team celebrated. Looking forward to Tuesday then relaxing for the rest of the season.....reckon we will be bringing in 8 new players...exciting times to be a Queens Park supporter

And losing how many?

3 hours ago, bobthespider said:

Possibly a little early to be thinking about next season, but it's funny remembering that we still actually have 5 games left. It goes without saying of course that L1 will be a serious step-up and it all depends how high we're looking to ascend and how quickly. I reckon we've got a solid backbone, with guys like Muir, Grant/Kilday/Doyle, Gillespie, Carroll, Murray anyway. Any goings-out will be very interesting to see.

I'm a big fan of Craig Slater, but it's frustrating that he seemingly can't stay fit for more than 2 weeks in a row, it might be worth looking to replace him if this stays the case.

23 hours ago, Left Back said:

No point searching for plaudits.  Your sugar daddy has bought the title for you, surpassing the way that Cove bought league 2 last season. 

I know. It's been great. Pipe doon wee man and dry yer eyes 

A fair result in the end although once again EC proved that when you have a go at us we are a bit creaky at the back. But the pressure wasn't sustained and our efforts at the top end of the pitch won the day. Fair to say three goals at Ainslie Park would have had us ecstatic a couple of years ago.

Studied a bit closer how McKinnon’s formations make a difference. EC had good success against previous QP teams with attacking mids dropping deep and playing back for a long pass forward from defenders. Space was created by our midfielders chasing the ball. McKinnon allows one man to chase the ball and everyone else remains in the block at the back. When the ball comes forward again QP are very tight and that’s why we always seem to have a man close to the ball. It’s well worked and consistently successful and the real measure of it is that no matter who comes in or out of the team the success level in winning balls and disrupting attackers is the same. Technically, McKinnon’s probably the best coach we’ve had. Including Billy Stark.

What a fantastic game to watch, like what’s been mentioned previously, it almost makes you feel even more gutted that you can’t go to games when you watch the scenes for the winning goal. However, it is some feeling knowing that when we’re back, we’ll be watching league 1 football next season and huge credit goes to the coaches and players. 

The first half, we dominated Edinburgh in all departments and despite them being the form team outside of us, they were made to look very ordinary. However, quality set pieces which are a big part of Edinburgh’s game undone the good work from the first half and at one point I was genuinely thinking for the first time this season that we’d lose a game. Poor finishing and a lack of composure from numerous opportunities were becoming increasingly frustrating but the introduction of Will Baynham changed the game entirely. His presence freed up more space for Murray and the quality of cross for the winner was fantastic. Bemused that he’s had no game time whatsoever since the cowden game. Surely that’s got to guarantee him a start on Tuesday now ?

Murray will quite rightly receive the plaudits from the game but for me the Motm was Grant Gillespie. I’ve always been a fan of Gillespie, however since the restart his performances have went up to new levels and on current form should be one of the first names on the team sheet. The way he plays is very reminiscent of Vinnie Berry, high levels of composure, always available for the ball and can pick out a great pass 

Edited by qpfc

32 minutes ago, qpfc said:

Murray will quite rightly receive the plaudits from the game but for me the Motm was Grant Gillespie. I’ve always been a fan of Gillespie, however since the restart his performances have went up to new levels and on current form should be one of the first names on the team sheet. The way he plays is very reminiscent of Vinnie Berry, high levels of composure, always available for the ball and can pick out a great pass 

Agree with that completely. We’ve been gifted over the years with understated midfielders who turn out to be kingpins. Gillespie is joining a very exclusive club.

1 hour ago, DundeeSpider1867 said:

Re-watching the highlights as well, both Doyle and Baynham's assists for Murray's goals were inch perfect. Baynham-Murray partnership on Tuesday for me.

Yes all three assists were excellent. Really hope Baynham gets the run he deserves and we can keep hold of him.

23 hours ago, tamthebam said:

Stirling on Tuesday is another tough game. Hopefully they'll be knacked after all the goal celebrations today!

Don't look for excitement on Tuesday,  in 8 home games this season we've only scored 6 with 4 against. Could it be the day for a blood and thunder, or even a thud and blunder 4-4 draw? 

Those celebrations 😍 all the subs in as well, big Carroll with a pile on. Magnificent. I'm loving these boys. Can't wait for next season when it will be us doing the pile ons (unless celebrity dentist Leitch has other ideas) 

I was an absolute roller coaster of emotions during that. The front room has never known scenes like it when the Ginga Ninja poked home the winner.