Edinburgh City v Queen's Park

This is the toughest fixture on paper for us. Without doubt the best side we've played in the league this season. The players will know how big this one is. Win tomorrow and it's not officially over the line, but John King would definitely be calling the League Two title for QP on CNN. 

They'll definitely cause us problems and we' ll need to be more clinical than we've been or we're more liable to be punished. Should be looking to win, but also important to come out of this one with the unbeaten status still in place. It'd be an enormous achievement to go the season unbeaten, full-time or not. 

Extremely difficult fixture which I’ve bookmarked from way back as the toughest game we’ll potentially face all season. Edinburgh have some very good players at this level with Henderson, De Vita, Brown etc, so a much better performance is needed from the Annan game midweek. We arguably should of got beat the last game against Edinburgh at Hampden which was comfortably our worst performance in the league all season. 

Trying to think of what lineup we’ll come up with will be interesting. I wouldn’t be totally adverse to seeing Carroll and Connell drop to the bench for Gillespie and Lyon. I’m not convinced Carroll was 100% fit on Tuesday, whilst Connell didn’t have the desired impact to affect the game. I’m a big fan of Salim but I still feel like he’s well off the pace and he’s missed a number of chances since his return, so i’d have Mchugh or baynham up top with Murray.

Huge opportunity for Ross Maclean to prove himself for the rest of the season now with Quitongo injured. I like Maclean and his performances last season and earlier this season have proved he’s a very handy player, however he’s been inconsistent since the return and maybe the constant rotation of wingers has prevented him from really kicking on. 

Realistically, if we have aspirations of going up the leagues, we have to be confident of going to places like Edinburgh and picking up 3 points and I think we’ll do exactly that. 

Edited by qpfc

I agree with both previous posters. This is the big one. This is the game by which we can judge how we might be in Div 1 as I think (and hope) that Edinburgh will be joining us there. They deserve it. They may be part time but they have a very decent squad. Our rotation system has helped keep the squad fit but it does nothing for bonding into a well honed team. Chopping and changing our strike force has resulted in us not scoring the number of goals we should whereas not tinkering too much with the back line has given us the best defensive back line I think I have ever seen in black and white. I earlier queried the fitness of Carroll and on his last display. Connell has a long way to go to live with the big boys.. For the umpteenth time I ask what Baynham has to do to get a start. Murray is a given and it is between McHugh and Baynham for the second spot. Salim, I liked, but he has gone backwards since last playing for us. This calls for our strongest fittest squad to go out there and effectively win us the league. The boys can play for the remainder of the season if that happens. So, yes, Lyon and Gillespie back please and Robson on the left. Champagne ready to pop. 2-1 Queens. Do it for Jai.

The team's done us proud. 7 wins in a row since the re-start. 16 goals scored and only a penalty goal conceded. That's sensational form.

Win this tomorrow and we're not getting caught. No chance that we're gonna lose a 15 point lead on goal difference.

I'm pretty sure the lads will be right up for this tomorrow. Of course so will City, they're a good side on tremendous form as well. Our overall record at Ainslie Park isn't good but we did win there on our last visit with Sal (assisted by Galt) doing the business.

I think we're in for a belter of a matc.h  

There was a recent comment somewhere about QP not quite doing it with the style of Cove from last season. Official points per game average, which decided Cove’s number one position, shows them at 2.43 ppg. For us to beat that from 22 games we’d need 54 points. With 44 in the bag and 18 still available we’re well on track.

Would certainly like to see Edinburgh having a lash at the play-offs. Especially a final against Cumbernauld’s team two.

1 hour ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

There was a recent comment somewhere about QP not quite doing it with the style of Cove from last season. Official points per game average, which decided Cove’s number one position, shows them at 2.43 ppg. For us to beat that from 22 games we’d need 54 points. With 44 in the bag and 18 still available we’re well on track.

Would certainly like to see Edinburgh having a lash at the play-offs. Especially a final against Cumbernauld’s team two.

No point searching for plaudits.  Your sugar daddy has bought the title for you, surpassing the way that Cove bought league 2 last season. 

No point searching for plaudits.  Your sugar daddy has bought the title for you, surpassing the way that Cove bought league 2 last season. 
I'm hoping we surpass Cove again next season and succeed where they've failed in buying League 1 as well.

10 hours ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Much as I'd like to relegate those wallopers I'm not in a great hurry to ever play C***e again, even in a time when fans can't get into grounds.

Anyway QP to win 2-1 (jinxed ya) and half the Garage crew to turn up at 3 pm forgetting about the change in kick off time

28 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

Much as I'd like to relegate those wallopers I'm not in a great hurry to ever play C***e again, even in a time when fans can't get into grounds.

Anyway QP to win 2-1 (jinxed ya) and half the Garage crew to turn up at 3 pm forgetting about the change in kick off time

Just stumbled across this...spanking looking complex but the football matchday doesn't look great at the end thanks to the running track distance. Still, way better than the old ground and I'm sure many QP fans will want a quick session in the gym before kick-off...home is where the heart is. Pleased for you.