Ryan Jack to miss the Euros

G51

Not you personally but that can get clamped and put in the bin right away. Coming out of retirement the first time for the England games was bad enough, to do it again ooft. I'd be seething. Fair enough if folk get to a certain age and want to prolong their club career but don't grovel back when it suits.
Hate him when he plays for Rangers but he has been one of the most improved players in Scotland in the last 2 seasons. Very under rated. Massive loss.
It will be hard enough for us but if we lose KT and McGinn for the Euros we'd be as well chucking it. 

I totally agree re players waltzing back into the fold when it suits them. But in this case, it probably suits us more than Scott Brown. As an earlier poster said the next closest like for like with Jack is probably someone like McRorie - and Brown is clearly going to Aberdeen to be the head honcho in midfield ahead of him.

Once again, just in case some walloper doesn't read my original post: I'm not advocating a Brown return, just saying he's probably the best fit.

3 hours ago, Gordopolis said:

I totally agree re players waltzing back into the fold when it suits them. But in this case, it probably suits us more than Scott Brown. As an earlier poster said the next closest like for like with Jack is probably someone like McRorie - and Brown is clearly going to Aberdeen to be the head honcho in midfield ahead of him.

Once again, just in case some walloper doesn't read my original post: I'm not advocating a Brown return, just saying he's probably the best fit.

I can't believe you want Brown to return. Outrageous.

4 hours ago, Gordopolis said:

I totally agree re players waltzing back into the fold when it suits them. But in this case, it probably suits us more than Scott Brown.

54 minutes ago, HalfCutNinja said:

I can't believe you want Brown to return. Outrageous.

Honestly can't believe Gordo loves broonie, and is campaigning for his return.

As much as Scott Brown was a great player (seriously underrated by the clowns up here that can't see past the colour of a strip a player wears btw), he is absolutely fucking finished and would be nowhere near the requited standard. 
He could be our Danny Glover. Last day before retirement and all that...

...not that I want him back in the Scotland fold. Definitely not. Nope.

2 minutes ago, HalfCutNinja said:

Aye, he's pretty much done anyway.

Know who could have done the job for us, his pal at Palace McCarthy.  Class act when fit.

I’ve never been a huge fan of him but like for like with Jack he is probably most similar? I don’t know if I’m forgetting someone. See he’s been injured since late Jan anyway

2 minutes ago, Tartan Dave said:

I’ve never been a huge fan of him but like for like with Jack he is probably most similar? I don’t know if I’m forgetting someone. See he’s been injured since late Jan anyway

He probably is, holding midfielder, screens the CB's well. Much better passer than Jack. Always been a fan personally. 

He came off the bench against Chelsea last week. I'm not sure apart from that, he's had a very difficult time with injuries the last few years, but is a quality player. Not eligible so just hypothesising. 

4 minutes ago, HalfCutNinja said:

He probably is, holding midfielder, screens the CB's well. Much better passer than Jack. Always been a fan personally. 

He came off the bench against Chelsea last week. I'm not sure apart from that, he's had a very difficult time with injuries the last few years, but is a quality player. Not eligible so just hypothesising. 

Sorry I was talking about mcarthur 😂! Wasn’t very clear! I have always rated mccarthy yeah

7 minutes ago, Tartan Dave said:

Sorry I was talking about mcarthur 😂! Wasn’t very clear! I have always rated mccarthy yeah

Oh I see. McArthur slightly more box to box but can do that role. Isn't the player he used to be though, must be 33 now probably and hasn't played that much recently. 

Jack really is a big miss, gives us much more solidity and physicality in there. Obviously a shame for him too.

• 5 months later...
4 hours ago, velo army said:

That would be good news, although I'm not sure I'd be keen to disrupt the Gilmour-McGregor-McGinn triumvirate. I'd play him against Denmark though for sure. 

We could disrupt it by not playing 3 centre halfs and 2 strikers