The Fantastic Excuses Thread

After the female American police officer claimed she killed a guy because she thought she had pulled her taser rather than her gun, I was thinking of other fantastic excuses I ad heard over the years. A member of staff once told me she was late because she missed her stop for getting off the bus because the bus windows were so dirty she couldn't see out.

I'm sure plenty of folk on here have both given and heard many a fantastic excuse so let's hear them.

PS Any PBers been shot when they thought they were merely being tasered?

I was once sent to wait for the AR at high school for my behaviour and whilst I was there a guy in 5th year turned up late. You had to sign in with a valid excuse or you got a visit from a 'social' teacher. 

Reception woman : why are you late today?

Dev : I had a bit of an accident this morning

Reception : which was?

Dev : I was run over by a van.

I just burst out laughing behind them. To make it better, he was carrying a guitar in a bag. 

After the female American police officer claimed she killed a guy because she thought she had pulled her taser rather than her gun, I was thinking of other fantastic excuses I ad heard over the years. A member of staff once told me she was late because she missed her stop for getting off the bus because the bus windows were so dirty she couldn't see out.
I'm sure plenty of folk on here have both given and heard many a fantastic excuse so let's hear them.
PS Any PBers been shot when they thought they were merely being tasered?
I have sympathy with the bus excuse. We were invited to hospitality at Darkheid one Saturday just before Christmas years ago. On way home got on what I thought was the Ayr train at Central (days before the announcements and scrolling boards on the trains). It was dark and windows were all steamed up. All seemed fine until after Kilwinnig I realised we were at Stevenston and not Irvine. The front train had been for Ardrossan or Largs with the back 3 carriages being the Ayr train ! Was going to be best part of an hour for a train back to Kilwinnig so jumped in a cab. Stevenston station is in a rather unsalubrious part of that particular town, more so for a twat in a suit on a Saturday evening.

Pal of mine used to work for the Student Loans company in Glasgow. We were in the Trades sinking the ambrosia (draught Export) on a Sunday pm when he decided he would have to phone in sick the next day. Rather than wait until the morning, he phoned and left a message from the pub saying he was in a very busy A&E dept after being in a car crash and would be off for a couple of days.  

26 minutes ago, hk blues said:

image.jpeg.d283a99e21d1b665f9e66642a43c0e16.jpeg

Can't imagine catching many frogs with that though.  The colour will frighten them off.

Unless I am being wooshed here, why would anyone lie about that? Totally harmless stuff.

9 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Unless I am being wooshed here, why would anyone lie about that? Totally harmless stuff.

You are being whooshed.

A "bucket" is a for inhaling copious lung fulls of hash smoke. A "lung" is similar.

37 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

99.9999% of excuses used by people who buy exempt lanyards for masks.

I saw a vaguely woman-shaped creature a few weeks back that got knocked back from a local supermarket trying to use the time-honoured "S'm'assma" defence which would have probably been accepted had she not very visibly demolished a full fag in about three draws while walking from her car.

Edited by Hillonearth

3 minutes ago, Sweet Pete said:

I don't sweat because I overdosed on adrenaline during the Falklands war.

there you are, @GordonD, a confession.

Replying to a post I made in the Quick Question thread, in case anybody wonders what you're talking about!