If you could sign one player from your rivals ......

JFS&G's If you could sign one player from each of your Championship rivals for next season who would it be?

I'd go for:
Alloa, was Impressed with Scougal, like Cameron but latter a loanee so Robert Thomson it is.

Arbroath, again I like the loanee Hamilton but will opt for Thomas O'Brien.

Ayr, Slim pickings Somerset way and always liked Tom Wash but he's been outshone by Luke McCowan.

Dundee, Jason Cummings just gets the nod over Adams and Marshall.

Dunfermline, Some cracking loanees and do like Kyle Turner but like Aaron Comrie more.

Greenock Morton. Really toiling, Aiden Nesbitt or more likely Cameron Blues.

Hearts, Spoiled for choice but Liam Boyce has been deadly at times.

ICT,  Daniel MacKay

QotS, McCabe, Jones and Fitzpatrick impressed but Connor Shields it is.

Alloa Athletic- Liam Dick

Raith Rovers- Reagan Hendry

Dundee- Declan McDaid

QOS- Connor Shields

Morton- Kyle Jacobs

Hearts- John Souttar

Arbroath- Tam O’Brien

Dunfermline- Craig Wighton

ICT- Mark Ridgers 

I'm just putting them in the order as they come to my head:

Morton - Aidan McAdams - Just mentioned him on the Dundee thread as someone I'd like to see us sign. Looks a very talented young keeper.

Arbroath - Tam O'Brien - Rock of a CH. An area we are badly lacking in.

Alloa - Neil Parry - Had a horrific nightmare against Hearts the other week, but one of the best keepers in the league IMO.

Raith - Reghan Hendry - Would have said Vaughan in the past, but this guy looks the business.

Inverness - Nikolay Todorov - Always impressed me against us. I know he's supposed to be a bit of a haddy that has just hit a streak of form but our alternative is Osman Sow and I'd prefer Caley's turnip. If we're including loans then Todorov can get to f**k, it'd be Scott Allan every day of the week, naturally. I've no doubts he's nowhere near being Caley's best player, but it's just for the fact he'd mean Osman Sow wouldn't be wearing a Dee shirt.

Hearts - Craig Gordon - Jack Hamilton has haunted me to the point that yes, I would take 3 keepers from the opposition in the league when there's plenty of alternative talented players about. Craig Gordon has consistently been the best player in the league and the singular reason why it's been such a stroll for Hearts.

QotS - Connor Shields - Dobbie was the easy choice for years and Pybus had a flurry for this role for a season and half (at least based on his performances against us) but it has to be Shields.

Ayr - Tom Walsh - Really is slim pickings at Ayr. Had a look through their team and not anyone I'd really thank you for. I suppose that Nsaba is supposed to be decent, but he's on loan. Moffat is alright for off the bench stuff. I'm picking Walsh on reputation alone really. Was jealous when Ayr signed him but think he's had issues with injury and just looked utter shite against us. Real struggle here.

Dunfermline - Aaron Comrie - Easy choice would be to say Wighton or one of Dunfermline's wide options, but Comrie is the best RB in the league and we are sorely lacking in that regard.

4 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Alloa Athletic- Liam Dick

Raith Rovers- Reagan Hendry

Dundee- Declan McDaid

QOS- Connor Shields

Morton- Kyle Jacobs

Hearts- John Souttar

Arbroath- Tam O’Brien

Dunfermline- Craig Wighton

ICT- Mark Ridgers 

Charlie Adam? Nah mate. Jason Cummings? No way. The more effective Paul McMullan? Absolutely not! Jordan McGhee? I'll pass. Paul McGowan? Past it. Shaun Byrne? Who?

Declan fucking McDaid.

What a choice.

Alloa - Steven Hetherington
Arbroath - Tam O’Brien
Dundee - Jordan McGhee
Dunfermline - Scott Banks
Greenock Morton - Lewis Strapp
Hearts - Craig Gordon
ICT - Daniel MacKay
Raith - Regan Hendry
QOS - Connor Shields

Alloa - Steven Hetherington
Arbroath - Tam O’Brien
Dundee - Jordan McGhee
Dunfermline - Scott Banks
Greenock Morton - Lewis Strapp
Hearts - Craig Gordon
ICT - Daniel MacKay
Raith - Regan Hendry
QOS - Connor Shields

Are we not allowed players on loan? If not then I’d swap Banks out for Paul Watson.

Ayr United - Dario Zanatta     
Hearts - Christophe Berra   
Inverness - James Keatings...

In all seriousness:

Alloa - Innes Cameron - Always been impressed with him at Stranraer and Alloa. If Killie don’t renew his deal, would love to see him at Starks. Seems like McGlynn’s type of striker.

Arbroath - Tam O’Brien - Easily one of the better centre half’s at this level.

Ayr United - Luke McCowan - I would have said Cammy Smith but now he’s gone McCowan is the only real stand out.

Dundee - Paul McMullan - Been impressed by him every time I’ve seen him play for Dundee this season.

Dunfermline - Iain Wilson - Big powerful midfielder, good on the ball. Bossed our game at East End Park.

Greenock Morton - Lewis Strapp - They have not shown up well against us this season but based on what I’ve seen and read elsewhere Strapp looks a promising player.

Hearts - Liam Boyce - Toss up between Craig Gordon and Liam Boyce, both far too good for this level. Liam Boyce would make more of a difference to our team than Gordon though.

Inverness - David Carson - Very impressed by him in the recent games. Nothing passed him defensively and offered a threat going forward.

QOS - Connor Shields - Excellent striker, pace and power and scored some excellent goals. Would imagine he’ll be in the Premier League or at a Dundee/Dunfermline next season.

Alloa: Innes Cameron... if I'm not allowed loans, then idk, Steven Hetherington

Arbroath: Thomas O'Brien (If he was younger, Bobby Linn for sure)

Ayr Utd: Luke McCowan I guess

Dunfermline: Aaron Comrie (I like Dom Thomas too)

Morton: Aidan McAdams

Hearts: Craig Gordon

Inverness CT: David Carson (Though part of me wants to say Nikolay Todorov)

QoS: Suck it Shields lovers, I'm going with Ayo Obileye

Raith: Reghan Hendry

Alloa:  Neil Parry or a 10 years younger Alan Trouten

Arbroath:  Tam O'Brien

Ayr:  nobody to be honest, if I was Held at gunpoint and forced to pick somebody possibly Patrick Reading

Dundee:  Jordan Marshall

Dunfermline:  Euan Murray

Hearts:  Liam Boyce

ICT:  Mark Ridgers

Morton:  Aidan McAdams

Raith:  Regan Hendry

Edited by Slipmat

1 hour ago, parsforlife said:

ICT-Doran.

Take him. Unfortunately, injuries have pretty much finished him and he really doesn’t contribute much anymore. Maybe if he was able to play every week for 6 months or so that would change but I can’t see that happening. It’s a shame as he would have been excellent at this level.

50 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Charlie Adam? Nah mate. Jason Cummings? No way. The more effective Paul McMullan? Absolutely not! Jordan McGhee? I'll pass. Paul McGowan? Past it. Shaun Byrne? Who?

Declan fucking McDaid.

What a choice.

I actually forgot all about Paul McMullan to be fair. 

Charlie Adam is completely dug meat. 

4 hours ago, Scottydog said:

JFS&G's If you could sign one player from each of your Championship rivals for next season who would it be?

I'd go for:
Alloa, was Impressed with Scougal, like Cameron but latter a loanee so Robert Thomson it is.

Arbroath, again I like the loanee Hamilton but will opt for Thomas O'Brien.

Ayr, Slim pickings Somerset way and always liked Tom Wash but he's been outshone by Luke McCowan.

Dundee, Jason Cummings just gets the nod over Adams and Marshall.

Dunfermline, Some cracking loanees and do like Kyle Turner but like Aaron Comrie more.

Greenock Morton. Really toiling, Aiden Nesbitt or more likely Cameron Blues.

Hearts, Spoiled for choice but Liam Boyce has been deadly at times.

ICT,  Daniel MacKay

QotS, McCabe, Jones and Fitzpatrick impressed but Connor Shields it is.

Surprised you didn’t pick Todorov from The Caley...

3 minutes ago, PB1994 said:

Surprised you didn’t pick Todorov from The Caley...

I don’t rate him more than I don’t  like him and apart from Ludo nobody else picked him so far either, he’s mince!

I’d far rather have Daniel MacKay, Carson, Deas, Storey or Keatins before Toderov and well we have already a PCA with Keatings.

2 minutes ago, Scottydog said:

I don’t rate him more than I don’t  like him and apart from Ludo nobody else picked him so far either, he’s mince!

I’d far rather have Daniel MacKay, Carson, Deas, Storey or Keatins before Toderov and well we have already a PCA with Keatings.

Yeah, I wasn’t being serious. I don’t expect people to pick him as he isn’t even close to being our best player.

Storey is also utter dog meat. I like Keatings and hope he does well for Raith but he really flattered to deceive. He’s hardly been involved since the PCA was announced and he hasn’t been missed at all. Carson, Allardice and Welsh, when fit, are our best players. MacKay has been brilliant recently and I really hope that continues but before McCann was involved he was another who just wasn’t great.